Mostly Harmless Podcast with special guest Richard Garriott

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, May 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

2. ThornRage

ThornRage Avatar

Thank you.

Today is my day off, so I am sifting through the forums trying to soak in as much info as possible.

3. Doomgrin

Doomgrin Avatar

I literally have been following this game for less than a week, and I already have gotten the answers from the various podcasts/videos they have available. Only thing still under debate is if PvP will be a separate skill line or not, and the technical specifics on how to implement GvG. The Vision on having player-driven PvP is there. There will be zones dedicated to PvP which rewards worth the risk (but nothing unique that cannot be obtained through effort in PvE). Seems to me they are hashing out the details than so undecided as you make them out to sound.

Time Lord, Olahorand and Kaisa like this.
  4. pjt15253

pjt15253 Avatar

This interview sold me on the Adventurer pledge level - after I see release 6, I'll decide whether to go to Citizen (or maybe knight...).

5. Mata

Mata Avatar

Welcome ThornRage & pjt15253

6. Eriador

Eriador Avatar

Welcome to the jungle!

7. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Welcome to @pjt15253!

R6 is going to mainly be a polish release. We won't see the full combat system until R7 now it seems.

8. Vixen

Vixen Avatar

We were very excited (and a little nervous!) to interview the creator of Ultima, astronaut and entrepreneur Mr. Richard Garriott (aka Lord British) about his latest project: Shroud of the Avatar (SOTA). He was so well spoken and easy to talk to - and more importantly his ideas were so interesting about the evolution of MMO's and where they may have gone wrong - that we were all captivated by his 'spell'. :)

See the Full Video interview here:

HUGE Thank you again to Richard for spending 2+ hours with our guild, Mostly Harmless, on Saturday May 10th, 2014. We really appreciate all you do and you have turned many heads in our guild toward your project! Wishing you all the best!

SOTA 6 Month Progress Report Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yGa6h...

We also dug into Wykkyd's latest creation ESOloot.com which is sure to be a big hit with Elder Scrolls traders everywhere!

Wykkyd's ESOLoot
    http://ESOloot.com

Mostly Harmless is a multi-gaming community that is primarily PvP focused. Feel free to guest with Mostly Harmless on any of our Game Nights to meet the men and women who form our team! We have current focus chapters in ESO and Arche Age. Feel free to check out some of our guild work below:

TesoTools.com
    http://tesotools.com/

And be sure to stop by our guild website to see other fun projects the guild is currently working on!

Mostly Harmless Guild:
    http://mostly-harmless-guild.com

Sponsored by Mr.Beer & 3UpGolf:
    http://www.mrbeer.com/
    http://3upgolf.com/
    http://gamertimecards.com/

-Vixen
    PR officer of Mostly Harmless

9. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Time Lord likes this.
  10. Vixen

Vixen Avatar

Haha...thanks for posting this ThornRage!! I completely made another thread on this without even seeing yours! Well, people will definitely see the Interview! :) Again huge thanks to Mr. Richard Garriott for spending so much time with our guild! The dedication shown to making SOTA is quite impressive! I bought my early access as well and can't wait to check out the early stages of development!! See you all in game! :)

Vixen
    PR Officer of Mostly Harmless

11. Johan

Johan Avatar

More familiar faces!!!

Time Lord and enderandrew like this.
  12. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

There's a foggy narrative, and it goes deeper than even you've described. However, it exists with great reluctance as if it could all just disappear at any moment.

There will be GvG. But what does that mean exactly, what are they fighting over? Sure, Tabula Rasa had control points and it's easy to speculate that when RG says "they will be in the game" that it means whatever we want it to me. Are guilds fighting over those control points with other players? We don't know. Are guilds just pushing out Mobs for the sake "owning" a control point for a limited amount of time? Probably. But these types of semi-reasonable conclusions are flimsy hopes in comparison to the rich tapestry of knowledge that is crafting and housing.

In a week's time you only know what you THINK you know. You have no idea how any of this may work because they haven't told anyone yet...that's the point.

13. rild

rild Avatar

Welcome to the community ThornRage! Feel free to ask any questions you might have - this forum can be a lot to sift thru.

and what a great interview! thanks for sharing

Time Lord likes this.
  14. Vixen

Vixen Avatar

Thank you @NRaas for linking those sites! We have some enthusiastic members and fans of the video that beat me to the punch! Love to see that and I won't ever complain!!

This is our guild's official thank you to Richard Garriott for spending so much time with us and sharing some great information with the community. I just wanted to share our guild's appreciation for allowing us to steal so much time with him and recognize him for being the great person he is!

Thank You Thank You Thank YOU!!!

Vixen,
    PR Officer of Mostly Harmless

Aldo and Time Lord like this.
  15. Koldar

Koldar Avatar

Thanks for posting the interview! I'm looking forward to listening in when I get a chance.

FYI, I have merged all three threads about this interview into one thread.

16. fumblefingers

fumblefingers Avatar

After his interview I had renewed hope. If the game has all that he said in his interview ill be a happy camper.
    All ill say is Richard, stick to your guns . You know what made Ultima the greatest game ever. e.g. meat pie, body parts . :} don't let some of the others do what EA did to your game .No one ever got there heart racing playing a care bear.

17. selbie

selbie Avatar

DarkStarr is too soft :p

[​IMG]

18. Doomgrin

Doomgrin Avatar

Actually they are working on goals more than points. The first being a number of kills. Others such as troop movement are the ideas they are throwing around. As a much demanded feature, especially given PvP is not fully open, I trust will be a major part of the game.

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Oh really? Care to elaborate?

From my personal experience PvE adventures can get your heart racing. Especially when you are trying to stealthily steal from a locked chest and 2 large dragons are breathing down your back waiting to make you a crispy critter!! Pop the lock and deal with 2 dragons can really test your skills! And if you are not skilled enough, it can make you a owner of more death robes...

20. Eli Fox

Eli Fox Avatar

I noticed in the Pre-Review Richard mentioned only playing WoW as far as modern MMOs go.

When ChillBilly laid it on the line with his Pig`in PVP story, it seemed strange that Richard avoided any real PVP talk.

If I remember, I think he explained how rabbits eat invisible grass and an expensive to develop food chain got removed because it wasn't tested.

I think the answer to PVP will be in our testing it. I know I can't wait to test it. I want a BIG YELLOW ARROW over MY head that says, PVP TESTER!!!

Pleased to meet you @ThornRage

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.