My Suggestion -loot improvment

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Brass Knuckles, Oct 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spungwa

Spungwa Avatar

To my mind in a player run economy, what you want is a

collected items => components => crafted goods arrangement.

collected item can be gathered, grown, looted etc.

Each of those 3 sections can be multiple processes to move them along the path. But to make things actually worth something and to not overload trying to "balance" too much different stuff you have it hourglass shaped, but with it bottom heavy.

So a large amount of collected items go to a MUCH smaller amount of components. Because there is a smaller amount of components these are much more likely to have a demand within the economy, as the same smaller number of components will be used in a larger amount of goods meaning at least some of goods are likely to have demand. Then the components to crafted good balloons it out again to the different goods types, and goods can also be components for other goods.

So in your idea yes you could have lots of different loot and each of those loot have different chances to produce different qualities or qualities of components. Then that stat can move through the component section and affect the end result of the crafted good (as we have now). I would however be careful with adding too many stats as that becomes very hard to balance, but if the per component stats are individually very low then is will stack to something worthwhile on a single gear piece. Then if you farm enough it would stack to something significant across a full gear set.

So for example why is beetles the only way to make to hardened leather, why is there not other "rare" materials that still end up with hardened leather. Maybe a rare material that salvages very infrequently from ragged leather armour drops Then the player economy will judge which you use by which is cheaper. This will oscillate as people "farm" these collected goods and change the supply.

There is a reason there is always demand for ore, that is because there is only 4 basic types that are use in many more goods than most other commodities.

Regards
    Spung

Last edited: Oct 12, 2018
  2. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

I'd really like to see that crafters can sell their unwanted goods to a vendor that somehow distributes them to mobs in game that later drop them. This would be a way for a craft to, hopefully, earn a reasonable value for otherwise unsold crafted items, while also enabling goods to be redistributed for use in the world and improving loot.

3. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

That happens now but ive never pulled a item I wouldnt just salvage or repawn. People only sell thier total junk to vendors apparently.

Beaumaris likes this.
  4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Really? I have never seen that.

5. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

They drop in blue bags sometimes, but you arnt missing much.

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

They are there, but you'd have to be totally crazy (or accidental) to sell anything other than utter trash to vendors.

Brass Knuckles likes this.
  7. Kain Darkmoor

Kain Darkmoor Avatar

Because there is no incentive to. The system was only half put in place and that major piece was never implemented.

Elrond likes this.
  8. Cleome Arachnid

Cleome Arachnid Avatar

Ooo that’s why I got someones’ crafted Wolf helmet the other day! I was wondering how it ended up in my supply bag!

9. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

A lot of good feed back, I think this is something that is missing. There are artifacts as its pointed out and lots of general loot but short of quest items and farming a specific artifact I think there needs to be more. I thought the idea of having like EQ rare random named mobs that drop specific items would be cool. That way when you are out and about and you find one you get excited.

having as Brass Knuckles stated more random items drop would be awesome, to take it one step further why not have it so on salvage you can extract the bonuses like that of a blueprint that can be applied to an item. This then becomes another collection which not only allows a person to use the item but can be used by craftsmen to improve what is already there.

Lets not forget we will have weapons with titles and bonuses coming in the future ... sword of the undead + vs undead. once used to slay 1000 zombies... if you all recall that will also further the value of items in the future.

I also think that chests should have random spawn locations rather then static, and that there be some with locks that you need to find keys and or make use of that lockpick skill that has not use :)

majoria70 likes this.
  10. Xee

Xee Bug Hunter

I'm Crazy :) I put awesome items sometimes to vendors in hopes someone gets it. As well I drop awesome stuff off in some public chests in hopes that some new player gets it.

I gear a lot of people in the game free. new players that join the guild and live in Silverdale I get them started. For instance a brand new player I geared in full necro with a lich ring free.
    am I crazy... yep. but guess what all these peoples week was just made and they are having an awesome time. Does it ruin things giving them all this high end gear, not really as we know they will die alot and that gear will break but it gives them a great head start :)

Vladamir Begemot and Jaesun like this.
  11. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

You know that only a small portion of pawn items make it back to players chances are every item you have sold to a vendor was just deleted and never actually made to a player in a bundle.

You would be better off just sticking ur items on a vendor for 500g

12. Cleome Arachnid

Cleome Arachnid Avatar

I’m still gonna sell some of my crafted armor to vendors on the chance it does show up in a supply bag! Too cool!

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.