My thoughts on Looting

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Aug 7, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whitestag

Whitestag Avatar

Oh I agree if there are areas PVP only ect that would also be a way of doing it I do not think they have anything set yet do they? Seems there is ideas still pouring in on this..

Do not get me wrong I PVP with the best of them lol die a lot but its all fun. Started gaming in the service when Gary came out with the D&D books in 1979/80 and Shadowbane was also a hoot... Actually I really never had much of a issue the first 6 yrs of UO but for the housing the only time I got to place my tower was when Tram went up.

If the Devs can solve the player style difference between PVP and non PVP i am all for it. Usually I send my son in first now. 8 } He is faster than I am....

All and all the ideas should keep pouring in that might spark a solid idea by the devs to what they are thinking the solution should be, it sure never hurts.

Gaming almost 35 yrs now and still going strong I am sure I will survive whatever their decision might be. 8 }

2. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

I don't know.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk.

3. sn0tub

sn0tub Avatar

Correlation does not imply cause

:)

and i dont call vanillawow a casual game.

4. Sweetmcpwnsauce

Sweetmcpwnsauce Avatar

Lol, did you read anything Owain said and/or been following the game? Crafter levels/xp/skill points are separate from warrior/mage levels/xp/skill points. So saying that you won't be helpless in protecting yourself against a red or a Pker is pointless. But, there will be some guilds that will guard you for a fee our even possibly for free. <];D

5. Whitestag

Whitestag Avatar

Oh I understand, just be aware that players that would otherwise play the game , will not based on open pvp, that could lead to be lost players in the millions.
    My point is there are a lot of players that do not want to PVP peroid. And saying tough put up with it would cost the population alot of people. Sounds like the zones will take care of that.
    Looks like the devs have worked out a solution or at least close to one so far.

6. sn0tub

sn0tub Avatar

Millions? There are only 100k backers...

7. Whitestag

Whitestag Avatar

7.8 million in wow and theres pvp in wow, there could be alot coming aboard in time if set up right

8. Owain

Owain Avatar

You are aware, are you not, that PvP is optional? Why would your millions of players be chased away by something they don't have to do?

9. LiquidSky

LiquidSky Avatar

Perhaps they should flag the aggressor (the one who starts the fight) as Full Loot. So if you start a PvP, and lose, then you can be fully looted.

They should also have a skill, that you invest points in to allow looting of corpses. So a 'professional' PvPer will only be able to loot items based on this skill...and no skill means no loot.

10. Owain

Owain Avatar

If PvP is by consent, why have such an artificial looting system? If you don't consent to PvP, you don't have to worry about someone being an aggressor. If you consent to PvP, why would you want to punish someone for starting the fight you are looking for?

Since PvP is by consent, then looting should also be by consent. If you don't want to participate in looting, don't agree to looting. If you agree to looting, you should be given the option at to the degree of looting you agree to, just as you can agree to the level of PvP you want to accept, duels, arena matches, Guild Wars, PvP zones, or full Open PvP. With respect to looting, perhaps you could agree to accept the ransom system proposed by the devs. Perhaps you could agree to accept Full Loot instead, as I propose, what yet a different system someone else may want to propose.

This way, players can select the level of PvP they want, and separately, the level of looting they want, and no one is subjected to a system they do not want.

Mercyful Fate likes this.
  11. Whitestag

Whitestag Avatar

Yes but it is not in PVP zones where it looks like the best if not better loot will be to make more wish to PVP..

As I said back in a older post, if they do it this way I have no issues with it at all...

My son and I will be in 9 checking it all out, hope to see ya in there..

12. sn0tub

sn0tub Avatar

w0000t!

13. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

Actually, from what has been said, the same loot will be available in PvE zones; it will just be more rare there.

(I hope so, actually, otherwise I will stick to playing exclusively offline. I'm tired of devs attempting to make players that don't PvP feel like second rate players.)

Ned888 likes this.
  14. kako

kako Avatar

Looting should be just like ultima online prior to the trammel travesty.

KingRoland likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.