Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

My thoughts so far..

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Bowen Bloodgood, Feb 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Tall candles give almost no light.. = worthless.

Carpentry needs t a lathe. Badly. 8 timber to make a bow stave? Who came up with that??? Beyond ridiculous! Poles are almost as bad.

Haven't done too much yet or gone very many places. As I play in single player mode I've noticed that resources are.. well honestly I'm not really sure. It looks very much like I've joined someone else's instance as most of the trees are chopped down and ore veins as other resources are 'gone' upon arrival. They seem to take longer to spawn in some cases.

I'm not entirely sure how I feel about this. On the one hand it's probably good in the sense that it means there's little point for harvesters to go to single player to avoid competing for resources with everyone else. On the other hand.. it makes me wonder if resources are now shared across instances, just how hard will competing for those resources be when there 20x+ more players? So I appreciate random encounters so far that much more now that they have resources.

Quivers.. I not that either there are no faces inside a quiver's mesh, or that normal are facing the wrong way.. since you can look inside a quiver and see through it. Such as the ones laying around the fort in Solace Bridge.

I also noticed the royal founder's shield (and probably others?).. the strap the arm goes through.. goes through the arm rather than around it. A little adjusting may be required there. :)

Couple of bugs that were reported for R12-13 are still with us today. Namely durability between dual wielded weapons where the primary weapon loses durability instead of the offhand which never loses any. And I JUST forgot what the other one was...

Someone had commented on how the wolves sound like Chihuahuas. Indeed.. they do.

An overland map issue I'm not sure how I would describe.. yellows for me are much brighter than they out to be. It kind of reminds me of nuclear fallout in Civ IV. It practically seems to glow. Especially yellow bushes.

Loving that as a single player I can still interact with other players through chats and parties. I can even see my furniture moving around the room when my guild mates are redecorating.

Banks and encumbrance are nice new features.

All in all I think there's a lot more good than bad here.. I just haven't had a lot of opportunity to get out and see it.

Myrcello, Tahru and Lord Baldrith like this.
  2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

It will be great when the vendors are in so people can sell stuff to other players easily. When that happens, you will be able to pick up stacks of wood without leaving owl's head and I'll be able to buy the crafted weapons. Right now, we are not really working together. It is more like everyone is doing everything which is good for testing but not much anything else.

Bowen Bloodgood likes this.
  3. Bowen Bloodgood

Bowen Bloodgood Avatar

Indeed! I can imagine they would put off vendors until crafting skills are in. It will be nice for a lot of people to just be able to buy or sell resources. Lot of people just prefer to make money and buy than take the time to harvest.

I don't think about it much but I really am looking forward to the resource economy. I made a lot of money for myself in UO as a miner. I supplied a lot of people with a LOT of ingots. I look forward to establishing that business relationship again.. only this time from the other end. :)

Tahru likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.