Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Necropolis revamp thoughts

Discussion in 'Release 34 Dev+ Feedback Forum' started by DancingShade, Sep 23, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

I did a run through the latest Necropolis revamp last night to see how the tuning was going. It's better but I still think it's bit of an abrupt difficulty spike going from 1 to 5 skull difficulty right out of Ardoris. The exit felt improved.

Focusing specifically on the spider section, I think that specific part needs a second whack with the nerf hammer. Right now you can work your way through it if you're up for the combat but if you meet a large red spider and a regular red spider at the same time it's still on the "too challenging" side of things unless you pre-buff and possibly use consumables.

Maybe that's intended but I thought that for a relatively early dungeon it still feels a bit highly tuned.

Lum - if your revamp didn't hit the QA server before my latest playthrough then please disregard this entirely! I'll do another run through if I went into the old version :)

2. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

I ran through late last night (around 11pm) and the difficulty didn't seem that hard to me. There were no large red spiders (all brown spiders, large brown spiders). The highest level mobs I encountered were a couple mid-range skeletons (I don't believe they were hardened, but I can't remember to be honest). There were also no air or earth elementals in the caves (there were earth elementals near Nyx, but I easily bypassed them).

DancingShade likes this.
  3. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

Seems there was a patch since I last went in - time for another run!

ldykllr likes this.
  4. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

With the build today you should also be able to recruit Samael or Kardan Marbane as combat companions.

5. ldykllr

ldykllr Avatar

Yay! I will test this out later :)

DancingShade likes this.
  6. Link_of_Hyrule

Link_of_Hyrule Avatar

@Lum the Mad can we please just get rid of the spiders? :(

7. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

Ok after going through again Necropolis is a much friendlier dungeon for people now. That was a good experience.
    I think people fresh from Ardoris should be able to get through that with the spirit talker helping you out with the undead.

The companion also seemed quite good at pathfinding to me even when I ran off as fast as I could and the spider den was much better tuned for lower level characters.

uhop likes this.
  8. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

Yeah the spiders are too much for a new character. Samael gets stuck on the bridge and unable to contribute.

I fought through them but I train in Solace Forest a 3 skull area currently.

9. Lum the Mad

Lum the Mad Developer Emeritus Dev Emeritus

You're not intended to be completely new. 2-3 skull is about the target. If Samael/Kardan can't get past the bridge you can teleport him by right clicking his group member entry... we'll also fix the bridge

majoria70 likes this.
  10. Arya Stoneheart

Arya Stoneheart Avatar

After I cleared out the spiders I used the summon item to get him past the bridge for the rest of the dungeon.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.