Need calrification on gold-bought lot deed after final wipe

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Faenauriel Erulisse, May 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Rofo
    o_O
    Don't think you have all the correct info there.
    This is from the Update of the Avatar #172
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=57792
    Now 30% above X is not the same as 30% of X.
    In this case it would be 23% of the total (30/130).

So if all non-pot deeds were claimed outside of POTs then 23% lots would not be taken.

This has never even been considered. Instead this is the first given position from Port back in kickstarter:
    https://www.kickstarter.com/project...of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0/posts/434752
    Instead what you list there is given as an example of what they will not do.
    So no guild was planning that, nor did Portalarium respond to such plans with a change in theirs.
    Instead Portalarium has had the same plan throughout, but some guilds misunderstood the way it worked in testing to be how it would work in permanance.
    Which is something else entirely.

That discussion didn't really go that way. Dev+ stuff so can't quote or discuss really but...
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...pvp-zones-and-stuff.21709/page-26#post-324122
    The vast majority supported getting tickets from quests. The daily bit was a seperate discussion.
    Not entirely. Yes the statements are that the only way to get Castle or Keep deeds is through pledging, but the caveat has always been for Episode 1. When new continents open up the existing Castle or Keep deed holders might want to emigrate to those new continents, it would be very strange if there wouldn't be any new Castle or Keep sized lots then, which then means there might be room for new pledges.
    Not really.
    Originally Portalarium wanted to sell the POTs with the deeds included - which put a really high price tab on them.
    Players then made them reconsider and that the POT would be about lots only and no deeds. Which has always been strictly listed in the POT purchase page.
    So the only thing that has happened along the lines you outline are some unfortunate individuals who let their wishful thinking run away with them. They were quickly sorted out by other players, like me, and not Portalarium.

This bit is TRUTH.
    :p

Aldo, Duke Gréagóir and Time Lord like this.
  2. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

TrueDat.

Lord Barugon and Time Lord like this.
  3. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

Well you got me on a math technical, or wording technical, kinda
    Once you add 30% to the sum, the total added is not 30% of the new sum.
    A bit pedantic but correct.
    My technical rebuttal is the phase used was "30% more lots available than deeds to claim", as in how may were available? 30% more than than deeds to claim, which is not the same thing as 30% of all lots.

It has been mentioned as a possiblity, and those would have been the consequences.

In fact in the link you give.. https://www.kickstarter.com/project...of-the-avatar-forsaken-virtues-0/posts/434752
    The three main options currently being considered are:
      • Put a deed up per week per area with an opening for a 1 week auction using in game currency. This would obviously be VERY competitive!
      • Lottery system. Tickets are sold for a week and then we hold a random drawing to give away a few property deeds. This will ensure that more people have a chance and makes it more exciting for the masses but could frustrate some players.
      • Land Rush! We would set a very high but fixed in game price for deeds and let people race to get them. This could be too rewarding for the earliest adopters and also could result in some negative side effects like organized groups or farmers working together to buy property deeds purely for resale reasons.
    I don't think it is entirely fair that you call out my usage of 30%, and then yourself use the wording "never been considered" and provide a link stating "these are the 3 main options being considered", one of the items included is the item that has "never been considered". Which also noted the devs didn't like it for exactly the same reasons I gave, as a rebuttal to what I said.

I said there was an Idea, and this is the part that wasn't liked, and you said, no the idea was wildly popular, and the part that wasn't liked is a different discussion.
    I feel like your really searching for anything at all to make my summary of the discussion so far, inaccurate.

It has been stated Many many times Castle and Keeps deeds would not be added in the future, and will not be available via in game means.
    It has been stated they will be adding more row, village, and City lots in the future. (but Keeps and Castles aren't included in that list)
    While I can see how City and Keeps deed holders are hoping that more of those lots will be created in future episodes.
    I see nothing that indicates that they will be.

However in principle, I agree that there might be some wiggle room somewhere in the interpretations of what they said that might allow "anything" to happen.
    However, it would be best plan for things as stated, rather than hope, that everyone is reading the message wrong and later on they will invoke a magic loophole to introduce more.

Here is the simple math that says it will be unprofitable to add new Keep and Castle Lots in the future.
    In January there was about 200 Keep+ size pledges.
    Even if that number increased by 50% to 300. It is unprofitable to perform extra work and services that only 300 people in the entire game can ever benefit from.
    They will always have reduced number of house designs, basement designs, Lot placement options, compared to any other lot size.
    After go live those pledges are going to be largely irrelevant to new work going forward.

Again, we are talking about syntax. Originally the concept of POT's the owner didn't worry about aquiring deeds for Lots in the POT, versus deeds included.

EDIT:
    How about we chalk this whole conversation up as a bad day.
    I agree that I've glossed over technical details in my summary and that nothing I said, is set in stone, and that anything can happen via the DLMB clause.

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    Aldo, Ice Queen and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.