Need calrification on gold-bought lot deed after final wipe

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Faenauriel Erulisse, May 8, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mugly Wumple

Mugly Wumple Avatar

From the horse's mouth, winnied in Update #172

2. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Last I heard (from one of the later hangouts, 28 I think, they said Lot deeds wouldnt be for sale on an Npc ingame but would be available ingame via some lottery system and filtered out. Its all very unknown how theyll be available at
    this stage other than it will be possible somehow to buy them for gold ingame but it wont be cheap or guaranteed. What will be guaranteed is that if you have a lot deed there is a lot that you can place on.

3. Senash Kasigal

Senash Kasigal Avatar

Correct.
    It was in the Hangout of the Avatar 28.

Question from Rufus D'Asperdi:
    "
    Question: How many Lot Deeds will be available after Final Wipe?

In earlier times, prior to the advent of Player Owned Towns, there were rumors of Lotteries for the purchase of Lot Deeds for the 30% surplus lots that were going to be in game after the lots for all pledged and purchased lots.

With the success of Player Owned Towns, the number of lots available in game will far outstrip the number of available lots originally envisioned. What are the Dev Team’s current plans in this regard?
    "

Darkstarrs answer starts at 38:00.
    The interesting part begins at 42:20! "... it will not be like it works now ..."

So, after finale wipe you cant them purchase from Merchants with Ingame Gold!

Time Lord and Ice Queen like this.
  4. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Starr said there would be 6k lots availble after launch for in game gold.

They need to continue to sell lots on the vendors imop. If people quit or dont pay thier taxes the lot becomes open for who ever. People will be wanting to place when they see these pop open and deeds should be avial.

Leelu, Time Lord and Cassandra Corax like this.
  5. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Thought this may be of interest to you.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...-questions-thread-answered.48894/#post-538998

41) 14:44 <+StarLord> Question: what will the POT home vendor sell?
    A: Decorations, Lottery tickets for Lot Deeds, Homes

From that I'm assuming POT in game deeds will be sold by lottery. This could also be our hint that non POT deeds will be lottery as well. Suppose we'll see soon enough. :)

And the video above I suppose confirms they won't be sold for gold as they are currently in game. @Senash Kasigal
    Thanks I was looking for that as you posted it hehe, saved me a lot of time finding it. :)

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  6. Womby

Womby Avatar

With the amount of lots available (including POTs) if they did that then after a while everyone who wanted a house and land would have them. I'm new to MMOs so I'm not sure why this is considered a bad thing, but apparently it is. In any case they said in the Kickstarter that housing would be rare - that's how they encouraged expensive pledges - so they cannot now go back on their word. They are fully committed to the rarity of claimed lots, which means there will always be a large number of lots (especially on POTs) that are unclaimable due to a shortage of lot deeds.

Leelu, Time Lord and Senash Kasigal like this.
  7. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Well people would have deeds but not lots since they would all be sold out.

Ill simplify my math for the example.

Lets say there are 10 lots and 15 people playing.. 1 of the 10 quits or dont pay his taxes. That leaves 5 people who have a chance to get that freshly unclaimed lot. However if they only sell 10 lots then it will re main uncliamed. They should continue to sell lots so those remaining 5 people have a chance to place if they see that lot become open.

Time Lord, Anvar and Cassandra Corax like this.
  8. Smalls

Smalls Avatar

The problem is POT's .. there will never be enough players to fill every available lot in game, and that is not even including new lots from expansions.. too many POT's were sold which opened up way more lots than were intended.. hence why they came out with the pot only lots.. It was a system left unchecked and not thought through with the "Limited & Rare" housing..

Bottom line there will always be lots available, just maybe not where you consider prime. So yes, Limit lot deeds so tax free still have value..

Leelu and Time Lord like this.
  9. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

I think in that case theyd then see there are 5 more Lots than there are deeds and make more available, I assume this from the statement DarkStarr made saying that deeds would be metered out.
    The issue then arrises that what happens if those 5 people that quit were all people that bought lot deeds for real money and they return to find there are no available plots, then you have the situation that this
    system is meant to avoid and there are more Deeds than Lots so I think they need to go back to the original uo style way and sell the deeds ingame and just meter them out on the vendors so only a few available.

Or maybe have a waiting list you put yourself onto, so you put down your deposit with the npc and when one becomes available if you have the cash its yours else it passes onto the next person. I think a system such as this would be much more fair.

Time Lord, Cassandra Corax and Womby like this.
  10. Anvar

Anvar Avatar

Not by my maths, 300? pots sold approx isnt it ? Max size is under 200 lots. avg is probably nearer 100 per PoT. Thats 30,000 PoT lots + the 10k npc lots... So far theres 60k accounts sold and 180k people registered and thats pre launch.

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Well if the quit or failed to pay taxes they still own a deed so no.

Ice Queen and Time Lord like this.
  12. Womby

Womby Avatar

When you deliberately make something rare then you are knowingly creating a situation where some people miss out. They are doing this because that's what they said they were going to do back at the Kickstarter. Yes, some people will leave the game, or not pay their taxes. In the latter case they will simply reclaim the lot, or claim another if it is no longer available. In the former case they will presumably sell their deed on the secondary market so it will become available that way. If in addition to that Portalarium sold another lot deed, then the promised rarity of home ownership (technically, lot deeds) would be diminished. Over time that would lead to them breaking their promise as the number of lot deeds in the game grew.

13. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

You assume much, lots are rare and those lucky enough to place will be the few. Deeds after launch dont need to be rare to continue this. Ever play uo? Land was so rare but people had multiple deeds on hand just incase they found and open spot.

Many people will eventually stop playing and new people will join your adsuming everyone will sell in the secondary markets this is not true. Some will just cut bait and move on.

14. Womby

Womby Avatar

This is not UO. Here lots are very plentiful, but lot deeds (required to claim the lots) are rare. Yes, at the moment you can buy lot deeds from in-game vendors but that will cease. Instead, based on what the devs have said, you will most likely buy a lottery ticket from the same vendor. So, not a lot deed, but a chance at owning a lot deed. The number of lot deeds in the game will be strictly monitored and controlled, and will always be less than the number of lots, and much less than the number of players.

Leelu, Time Lord and Fister Magee like this.
  15. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

I dont disgree with any of that, just simple math...in time more deeds will need to be availble via what ever system.

Deeds and lots are two diffrent things.

My refrence to uo was not this game but how deeds and spots worked. Lots of trial and error there. The same things will happen here, people come and go and many will not use secondary markets when they are done.

Archage is another if the uo word leaves a bad taste in ur mouth. Same stuff diffrent name.

Its a rich persons game only if down the road people are required to buy addon lots and thats bad for the growth of the game long term.

Last edited: May 10, 2016
  16. Time Lord

Time Lord Avatar

~Winning Something and Earning Something Have Two Different Feelings~
    Will it be a strait lottery or a hidden play scaling within the lottery? This question crosses my mind, as the avid player would much more be deserving of a home, as opposed to what a casual player could be (in my opinion).
    Such a thing as this would do well for a more vibrant community... yet I'm unsure what effects that may be adverse could come of it...

I do believe that many things will be left for discovery within our game, that will never be spoken about within our standup talks or revealed within any of our forums (from my own suspicions).
    I personally would hope that there will be such hidden discovery, as I hate that only weapons, armor and combat skills are treated or discussed in such detail as to leave nothing for any to wonder or discover more deeply therein...

The feeling one would get from winning such a lottery, then is much like something that is then earned and awarded to because of their avid or lack of active gaming behavior.

Call me a "Fool" if you will, yet the Fool often reveals hidden truths by which could have much deeper significance...

[​IMG]
    ~Time Lord~The Court Jester~;)

Last edited: Jun 2, 2016
    Leelu, PK U, Spoon and 1 other person like this.
  17. Brass Knuckles

Brass Knuckles Avatar

Nice post, the only real issue I see with the lottery it benifits the people with extra accounts because they can stack the deck. I have 5 accounts that gives me alot better chance of getting a deed vrs the player with nothing who is hoping for a lottery draw. If multiple deeds are sold in game it benfits everyone equally those that spend time lot hunting will place the deed.

Its also a nice gold sink, and a good time sink. I spent many hours in uo looking for a place to drop a lot. Also it would be cool If you can mount spare deeds on your wall.

Mabey sell them for crowns idk.

Also taxed to tax free upgrades via crowns would be cool.

The more people with housing the better for the enjoyment of the game.

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

It's not that hard for them to add extra in-game lots or put them on add-on stores in the future should the situation where all the old players stop playing and the new one start playing, but couldn't obtain the lot deeds. On later Episode, there will also be more landmass if there is ever a chance where all POT owners left.

It shouldn't be a tough issue to fix when it really arises.

19. Rofo

Rofo Avatar

I believe the target is 30% more lots available in NPC towns and PRT's, than the total number of lot non-POT only deeds sold through pledges or addons.
    (Meaning if absolutely no one moved into a POT, there would still be 30% more lots available than deeds to claim them for R32.)

There have been many discussions about how the lot deeds for those extra 30% and empty POT lots will be made available.
    One is the NPC's will continue to sell them until the run out. (However Port devs didn't like this idea because several big guilds were planning to purchase all available lot deeds in game and then ebay them off for real money)
    One is there will be a daily, weekly, or monthly lottery that awards them. (However people didn't like this idea because the daily quests, and pvp quests that were talked about to get extra lottery tickes seemed unappealing to many)

Earlier there were many discussions about what happens when all the NPC towns and PRT lots have been filled. (the idea is that no one will every be forced to live in a POT)
    Port said they have the ability to dynamically add more lots to existing towns, especially the PRT and NPC towns based on POT templates.
    They could also add more wagons, to existing towns to connect to more housing districts, essentially there could always be more lots available.

A few other Tidbits, the castle and keep lots that we get to start with are the only castle and keep lots that will be available, they are a one time thing new ones won't ever be created.
    (There is some discussion still about Duke Island keeps, they were promised at least one available for every Pledge that qualified, but they aren't really in yet, and probably won't be for R32, there are a ton of dukes)

Originally people with POT's thought they would automatically get to allow people to live in their POT sans deed, and renters just pay the POT owner or manager.
    However that was killed off rather early and now POT's require a deed just like any other housing, however the POT owner or manager can still evict people.

There also seems to be some backtracking on POT lots, because last discussion those lot counts would be included as deeds in the lottery for additional lot deeds.
    (At one point, POT housing lots out numbered, Pledge and Addon deeds sold all by themselves, So Port devs are trying to find a way to help POT owners fill their towns too)

Everytime anything with housing is discussed there are always two crowds those cheering for the latest plans and those crying over them.

I expect that housing is going to be revisited repeatedly for as long as the game is running, and I wouldn't worry to much about the current plans of the day.

Leelu, Time Lord and PK U like this.
  20. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I don't know about anyone else, but as one of the first half-dozen or so to purchase a POT the day they became available, I never had any such expectation. I always new that I was purchasing Land that I could turn into Lots which could then be claimed with Deeds. I have absolutely no recollection of a wide-spread misinterpretation of the intent in the manner which you describe.
    I would like a reference citation for this, please.

Duke Gréagóir and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.