Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Negative mouse acceleration still...

Discussion in 'Release 20 Feedback' started by MikeRotch, Jul 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MikeRotch

MikeRotch Avatar

So I did a CLEAN install of Windows 10, and I am still getting negative mouse acceleration. I've tried with 3 different mice so I know it's not my mouse (mice). I've searched the forums high and low and it seems like no one else is getting this issue? I've posted about this issue in previous releases. I've asked a few times for the devs to use RAW MOUSE INPUT.

Maybe the reason why I am the only one getting negative mouse acceleration is because I disable "enhance pointer precision" (which is mouse acceleration) under the Mouse applet of the Control Panel?

This game is unplayable to me, the faster I move my mouse, the slower I turn. i.e. if I move my mouse slowly, I turn at an ok rate, if I start flicking my mouse around, I barely turn. Can we please get RAW MOUSE INPUT devs? PLLLLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAASSSSSSSEEEEEEEE? I've been waiting for over a year now to get this fixed.

2. MikeRotch

MikeRotch Avatar

Why have the devs NEVER replied on ANY of the 4 posts I've ever made about negative mouse acceleration?

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

How about a bug report. They are really busy so they would be more apt to see it in a bug report. Post your system and experiences. :)

4. MikeRotch

MikeRotch Avatar

I have in the past. I made a VERY long VERY detailed report way back when R7 came out, then again at R13, I think... I know for sure R12 or R13. I spent over an hour making a post of all of the troubleshooting I did and all of the different hardware and games I've tested. Unfortunately I can't find those posts anymore. But through 3 different OS's (win7, 8.1, 10), 3 different mice (logitech G700, the VERY FIRST microsoft laser mouse, a Kingston laptop mouse), clean installs, driver wipes, 3 or 4 fixes I've tried from the internet, a dozen different games tested, one thing remains the same, I get negative mouse acceleration in this game since about R7. In one of my previous post I even linked a YouTube video showing how a negative mouse acceleration was applied to FarCry 3.

The last release that I played that did NOT have negative mouse acceleration was R3. I am not about to spend another 90 minutes typing out everything I did. All I ask for (before and now) is for the devs allow a checkbox in the game again to allow RAW MOUSE INPUT.

5. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Duke Raas likes this.
  6. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Well I am sorry you are not getting your answers. Ok never mind our team has answered you. so I deleted the rest of my comment.:)

7. MikeRotch

MikeRotch Avatar

Thank you very much for resurrecting my thread. I will add more notes to this thread though.
    Since the last post I made in the resurrected thread.

I have also now played GTA V, Stanley Parable, Watch Dogs, Batman Arkham Origins, City, and Knight, Witcher 3. So I literally just checked the Enhance Mouse Precision checkbox and it helps a bit with the negative mouse acceleration, but it is still definitely there.

I tested Sota when I upgraded from windows 8.1 to 10, same thing. I also did a clean install from a USB stick of Windows 10, literally installed just the video card and sound card drives, unchecked Enhance Pointer Precision, and launched Sota, tested all 3 of the same mice I have, and still experiencing the same issue. I also have upgraded my video card from a R9 290, to a GeForce 980 Ti.

8. DarkStarr

DarkStarr Executive Producer SOTA Developer

Thank you but it really does not help to post more info here. I have copy and pasted what you just posted over to the resurrected thread and I'm locking this one. If you get any more info please post there.

Duke Raas likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.