New here.

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by Nubera, Apr 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nubera

Nubera Avatar

Hello everyone I'm Lucas and it's been a long time I've been looking for a MMORPG who convince me the genre is not dead.
    I've found this game when looking for an Ultima Online successor because for me UO is the game I most enjoined playing. I've been playing lots of MMOs since 2001~2002.

The thing about SotA is that seems like the world is too big for the players in it. I've been roaming around looking for players or a city where I can interact with the in-game community, but I still don't know where to look for. There is too many cities created by players, I don't even know where should I go to get better gears, is there any tips?

Thanks the developers for this game that brings me the mmo feeling back.

2. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

Welcome to SotA. Hope you're enjoying your stay.

For better gear ask other players or shop around in the big market towns around Central Britanny. More hidden vendors may have better prices, but you'll have to run around a little.

There are many reasonably active POTs, too many to list here. As your friends list grows, you will see where things are happening by looking at where everbody is.

If you don't mind a little bit of RP, I heard that the Tavern Tuesdays hosted by the Zog Cabal are a good place to meet people. There is a thread in the event section of the forum.

Feel free to send me a whisper if I can help.

Boris Mondragon and Nubera like this.
  3. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

hi Nubera welcome to the adventure that awaits you in novia.

I use crossroads as the town that I base myself in the game due to its central location on the map its closeness to most play made marketplaces and a worldwide population which meen most of the time a player is online in crossroads.
    saying that spend time in the community look at guilds to join or find that quiet place in novia.
    use the global chat system and if you are looking for a group of players then use the "F" key to find or build your own group to go out and adventure with.

if you need help please contact me and I will help you in the game I have created videos that can be found on youtube https://www.youtube.com/c/skeggymedia and I stream on Twitch https://www.twitch.tv/skeggy_media and happy adventuring in this World full of Adventure. in the ingame chat box you can send me a friend request by typing /friend skeggy media I accept all friends requests.

4. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

Welcome, Nubera!

Nubera likes this.
  5. Nubera

Nubera Avatar

Thanks man I subacribed to your YT channel. Mine is Nubera Gaming

6. Alleine Dragonfyre

Alleine Dragonfyre Avatar

Welcome! Bring your friends :D

Boris Mondragon, Nubera and Alioth like this.
  7. Nubera

Nubera Avatar

Well it's a shame my friends only like to play the mobas and battle royale kind of games...

Alleine Dragonfyre likes this.
  8. Jason_M

Jason_M Avatar

Welcome to New Britannia!

Where and how many people you see depends on the day and the time. The city that's best for meeting new people is Resolute which is near the center of the map. Other populous cities include Owls Head in the Hidden Vale region, Ardoris in the south east, and Aerie in the south west. North of Ardoris are two popular attractions: Soltown, which is a popular town for questa, and The Outlander Welcome Center, which is a player town created for welcoming new players.

The most popular player towns are market towns such as Crafter's Town, Brit Mart, and Novia Market.

You can also see a lot of new players in the Outskirts locations. There are three: Blood River Outskirts, Highvale Outskirts, and Solis Bridge Outskirts. These are new player learning areas.

Good luck finding your new friends in our beautiful world :)

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  9. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hello and welcome @Nubera to the game. There are a lot of players scattered all over the world so one way to see where players are is to check your 'nearby players' as you enter zones. This option is located on the first icon upper right which is suppose to be a stained glass window although it doesn't look that much like one to me. When I enter a scene sometimes I will check nearby players to see if anyone is in the scene and then I'll say hello to the city.

One problem is that most new players can have at the best two chat windows opened. One showing Universe chat and the other will show everything so they miss whispers or zone chat even. One window showing trade only. The quick key for zone is /z, /l, /u, /p for party chat. I prefer to have it better filtered out since you can drag window tabs out resize and customize by using the blue gear or some call it a cogwheel. Then you can un-check options you don't want to show. So for universe chat only universe chat is showing. Then i have a combat window showing combat things, and whisper,zone, local chat, party chat, with emotes. I think I have my npc interaction in my combat window but you can customize as to what works best for you. My point is then you shouldn't miss too much chat and the windows can take up a small amount of room if just in one corner of your screen not cluttered by other noises. Then I can move my mouse cursor to each little window to reply and comment. Right click a player also gives options and right clicking their name on your friends list gives options.

Anyways yes we are scattered all over but players are here playing in different scenes since we don't have a contiguous world. Not ideal for seeing other players but it is what it is. If you want to be shown a few things I would be happy to help. Don't forget to investigate the scroll Teleport to zone. It is very helpful to finding places you've previously been too. We can also trade recipes with each other so check with other players before you spend all your cash on recipes that someone could trade to you for free. Let me know and I would be happy to trade you about 20 minutes or so worth of recipes. I am Majoria in game if I can ever help. *cheers*

Edit
    Also we now have a trade window and that is /t. You can advertise your vendor or ask for anything you are looking for and someone who has it may speak up and let you know they have it and how much it is. They can then mail it right to you with our in-game mail system which is so lovely to have. :)

Last edited: Apr 10, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.