1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

New Pledge Rewards, New Pledge Tiers, Player Owned Towns & Stretch Goal Store Megapost

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Holdingrass Plumber

Holdingrass Plumber Avatar

Is there a rental fee for add on store player owned town? Not in game gold bought town.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. smack

smack Avatar

According to this in the OP as well as in the add-on store when you click on a town:
    - NOTE: There will be a path to achieve this in game via in game gold purchase but the ownership of the scene will incur a rental fee.

That implies the ones in the add-on store do not currently incur a rental fee.

Lord Lonn Bimmer, Time Lord and NRaas like this.
  3. Holdingrass Plumber

Holdingrass Plumber Avatar

thank you Smack:)

Time Lord and smack like this.
  4. Greyform

Greyform Avatar

Could someone help me out with the specifics of the layaway payment plan. Currently I am at Collector level. I started out at the beginner level and have slowly contributed to get to my current level. So basically my own layaway plan. My goal is to slowly get to developer status. I will probably stop there as $450.00 seems like a lot of money to just give away for a video game.

I probably know the answer to this question but I thought I would ask anyhow.

If I set my layaway goal to Developer when would I gain access to the the Developer forum? Immediately, or after my pledge has been fully collected to that level? Assuming it is latter is there any plan to give access to that forum as long as we are current on our payment schedule?

Thanks

Time Lord likes this.
  5. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

You gain access to Dev+ immediately. Or rather after a day or two wait while the forum syncs up with your new payment level. :)

Noctiflora, Time Lord and Greyform like this.
  6. Greyform

Greyform Avatar

Thank you, that makes it a nice incentive to go with the layaway plan.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Sir Korvash

Sir Korvash Avatar

With a payment plan, you do not get access until your pledge is at the required level. In this case, once the payment plan has been completed. If you were to upgrade directly, without the use of a payment plan, it would take effect in a day or two at most. For myself, when I got Developer access, it was about an hour before i could access the developer forum.

Time Lord likes this.
  8. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

I shall direct your attention to this conversation : https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/payment-plan-option.9087/

Make of it as you wish. :)

Greyform, Noctiflora and Time Lord like this.
  9. Sir Korvash

Sir Korvash Avatar

A lot has changed since then, so i would be very reluctant to rely on that information, seeing as it is now over a year old, and the payment plan system has been changed. It would be better to expect to not gain access until the payment has been completed and get it early, then to expect to gain access, and not get it.

Time Lord and NRaas like this.
  10. Greyform

Greyform Avatar

I will let you know in a couple of days :) But the deed is done and that was my goal anyhow. But as I said it is a nice incentive for folks like myself who were on the fence. But also it helps the dev team know ahead of time who plans to contribute and to what level. Even though I was manually upping my contribution there was no way for them to know my intentions. So it certainly helps from a budgeting standpoint.

Noctiflora, Time Lord and NRaas like this.
  11. Greyform

Greyform Avatar

So it didn't take two days you do in fact gain access to the Developer + forum by pledging to the Developer level while your layaway plan is current but before it is paid.

Time Lord likes this.
  12. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Must be getting more efficient at syncing up that information. Good to hear. :)

Time Lord likes this.
  13. Sir Korvash

Sir Korvash Avatar

Well, I am happy to be wrong here :)

14. fantalio

fantalio Avatar

Is it possible to get an updated graph that shows who bought which tiers including the 2 new options? That was very informative the first time.

15. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

For what reason? Not sure I understand why anyone needs to know who spent how much money. If you just want numbers, that's different.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. fantalio

fantalio Avatar

Mostly it's the numbers I care about not the money spent. Aren't you a little curious how many knight marshal and lord marshal pledges have been sold?

17. Noctiflora

Noctiflora Avatar

Actually I am. It would be nice to see the numbers. I confess I'm also curious who has pledged at which level, but it's not really my business. Was just wondering if there was a reason beyond curiosity to know who. :)

18. Batoche1864

Batoche1864 Avatar

Yes it would be nice to see an update on the pledge info. Either a quarterly update here on the forums or perhaps adding info on the Campaign Statistics page.

Cordelayne, Ator! and fantalio like this.
  19. light487

light487 Avatar

So just to be clear, I am an "Explorer" through KS who paid $120 (all digital). I assume, even though everywhere else it says $130/$140, that I will be entitled to these new rewards for Explorer, like the Clockwork pets... if so, at what point would one choose that reward?

Isaiah [MGT] likes this.
  20. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Prices changed, but you are still entitled to your tier's rewards for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.