1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

New Pledge Rewards, New Pledge Tiers, Player Owned Towns & Stretch Goal Store Megapost

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Jun 5, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I agree, NirAntate. The special founder prices may as well never existed if we want to upgrade to new tiers. Honoring those prices not only would be a sign of good faith by Port.. but would be the push that many founders would need who are sitting on the fence about upgrading.

2. NeeNee

NeeNee Avatar

Oh, noooo, elves! I hate elves! :eek: Please don't let them be sexay tabledancing WOW style elves, at least?

Seriously though, I do like the 'filling in' of the pledge levels. It was a little odd to see that huge jump at citizen level. Now I REALLY need to get a job. New resume objective: To find a position that pays enough to support my SoTA foal habit. Bad idea?

Time Lord, Vyrinor, Maka and 2 others like this.
  3. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Knight Marshal didn't exist so you couldn't have upgraded to it before... so seems like some circular logic going on now.

If you want to upgrade now, to Knight Marshal, you have to pay the same total amount as a benefactor does for the same benefits + your founder benefits for knight tier below. Level playing field since we are done with kickstarter promotions.

4. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

Regarding knowing if something was going to change in the future, if I knew apple stock was going to be worth what it is now, I would have bought some. If I knew that it wasn't going to rain today, I would have gone outside. if I knew that real estate I coveted would have gone down in price, I would have waited. Lots of ifs happen everyday.

5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

Then we'll have to agree to disagree.
    As I've stated before, it's distasteful, but not sufficient to keep me from upgrading.

6. jiirc

jiirc Avatar

One further note, as a founder if I wanted to upgrade my pledge to any tier that existed before today, I wouldn't receive a discount. If I am a founder knight and decide to pledge to lord, I would not get a discount.

7. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Have you read the book yet, or seen the Elves in game yet?

Amberraine and Time Lord like this.
  8. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

But you would receive the Founder rewards from Lord tier in addition to the Benefactor rewards, where Benefactors making the same upgrade would not. I would be getting Something for the increased cost.

9. TimeLord Smith

TimeLord Smith Avatar

RACIAL BONUSES:

If the elves have an affinity for ranged fighting, lunar magic, and wahtever else? How about this, let the humans have a chosen affinity?

So elves have a bonus to ranged etc. Let the human characters CHOOSE their affinity because humanity is such a versitle race. That way more people play humans, but those who want to play elves can still have their elves. It will also mean that if you know you want to be an archer as a human, you can choose an affinity for archery.

Let this human affinity choice not be able to be changed, unless somebody pays for a reclassification from the addon store.

10. Mishri

Mishri Avatar

Would you suggest humans get a single affinity choice? Or 1 Magic school, 1 Combat school, 1 Crafting school?

Interesting idea... it is how many games handle humans when choosing skills (or they give them their basics and allow 1 free choice)

But usually those same games have other benefits, like different stats on the other races that might make them slightly better.

11. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

12. Night Owl

Night Owl Avatar

I agree with this as well and posted a recommendation just before they closed the Dev+ thread. If some extra items were added to these 2 tiers for Founders it would soften the blow and reduce the bad taste in some of our mouths for having to pay an extra $100 to jump from Lord to Lord Marshal over Benefactors. They don't need to be significant, to follow suit with other tiers it could be a matter of emotes, house decor, etc...

EvilFocker likes this.
  13. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I am glad lower pledges get a housing option in the Row lot house. From my reckoning these might be very profitable bits of land later in the game. Im thinking a lot of player markets will appear around these locations of row houses. Lots of vendors in a small area, easily accessible is more attractive to me than running all over city and town plots to get to individual vendors. This new lower priced tier might be a great way for some new player to get their hands on some prime real estate.

14. TimeLord Smith

TimeLord Smith Avatar

How about this? The Knight Marshal pledge is basically the same thing as being a knight but pledging more than your allotted amount for your pledge so you can get earlier lot placement, but it also comes with a few extra knick knacks. There is no need for special kickstarter promotional rewards, unless you move up to Lord.

15. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

Hey, Founder Upgrades, Bonuses added to your pledged dollars, all these things don't exist. As with most things the earlier you get there the more you benefit. Dukes are getting double the lot size. That's a huge increase. I do not think this means everyone who didn't upgrade to that tier should get to do it for the price that was available last fall. Barons were $3000 at one point - I'd love to have that. People have been upgrading to Baron at the $3800 price point, should we be making that available at $3600? Do we refund everyone $200 that pledged to 3800? or 300$ to the Dukes that went 5300?

I can see the case that Lords go to Lord Marshall taking into account their discount, this is a new pledge tier. If a benefactor goes from Lord to Lord Marshall for 400 it'd be lovely if April 7th Lords didn't have to pay $500, afterall the creation of this tier impacts Lords who would have pledged to the highest Town Lot available. Knight Marshall maybe as well, give $750 Knights $50 off sure.

Allowing people with Knights at 750 and Lords at 1500 the chance to upgrade to the new tiers that didn't exist at an equivalent pre-April7th price point doesn't impact any other players and should make everyone happy.

Giving people the opportunity to upgrade to Baron or Duke just because they are now more tempting than yesterday wouldn't be the same thing.

That said - if Portalarium did it, that would be a marketing decision and items I've purchased in the past often go on sale, I don't come back and get mad at the place for having that sale.

16. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Can't wait for the Towns to be available to purchase. Already told my guild I'm buying one for them, will create an amazing community.

Happy with the majority of the changes.....big thumbs up to the Dev team!

17. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I'm excited to see these things appear in the store. I'd love to see a concept drawing for the Great Hall :)

18. TimeLord Smith

TimeLord Smith Avatar

How about a single affinity choice that can be a magic school, combat skill, or crafting school. So just one. However give the human something the elves don't have like a bonus to the deck skills or an ability score bonus like strength or focus.

That way the elves have something cool, and the humans have something cool. Yet the humans remain more versitile, and should be the better choice for MOST play styles, whereas the elf is more focused in one area.

The good thing is with having one choice for humans, then the human archer could be as good as an elf archer if he chooses to pick archery.

Those are kind of along the lines I'm thinking. Balance tipped in the favor of humans.

Time Lord and enderandrew like this.
  19. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

You don't have to pledge. If you were a royal founder and decide to upgrade to Lord now it would be 1600 now not 1500. So the same logic applies to upgrading from Lord to Lord Marshal... the Old Kickstarter promotion has ended. We pay the full amount now for the tier.

20. rild

rild Avatar

As a proud Royal Founder I'm not so concerned with "getting my money's worth" as I am with supporting this project. A hundred bucks ain't nothin', and I wouldn't argue with more rewards or a discount, but we all knew old pricing ended at the anniversary mark. Personally, I feel very well taken care of. I don't know how much I can contribute to stretch goals, or which to support yet, but I do plan on an upgrade tomorrow.

Thanks to the dev team for listening to our opinions. I hope we can get more feedback on the parts of this that are not founder -vs- benefactor related.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.