New sub Forum for 'complaints and concerns' ??

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Pepsy, Oct 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ashlynn [Pax]

Ashlynn [Pax] Avatar

Respect the fact that in a global community like the internet, not everyone has english as a first language. Also if you wish to be picky - your grammar is terrible.

2. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Yes, it's called the feedback sub forum.

KuBaTRiZeS and Pepsy like this.
  3. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Not in my sig. Plus it's a quote, so it makes whoever is being quoted also look bad. Kind of a pet peeve of mine. That's why I pointed it out ~2 months ago. Maybe he/she put me on ignore, which would be pretty ironic given how emotional the person is being about feedback.

4. Pepsy

Pepsy Avatar

Hi Majoria! I am not asking to remove people from discussions, but asking that certain discussions be kept in certain areas. I.e Tech support in Tech Support, and Rants in Rants, Game Ideas, directions or concerns in Game Ideas, directions or concerns.

I try to remain objective but I can't for the life of me understand why some people would be so averse to properly organized forums. I for one am completely against harsh forms of moderation in any way. Personal Attacks, Blatantly Sexual or Offensive Material, Malicious Lies or Speculative rumors should be moderated otherwise be an adult.

The squeaky wheel gets the grease... I'm doing a little squeaking about how much squeaking I hear.

You nailed this on the head. I'd have this cleaned up in 2 hours, and no one would even know anything was done. Someone wants to make a post about how I moved their post to a more relevant forum? Np there is a relevant forum for that as well.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2016
  5. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Muhahaha, irony at its sweetest. Thank you for making me laugh.
    While lose versus loose is hard even for native speakers, punctuation usually isn't.
    No offence intended but I can't even get my besserwisser mind to process why one would do a grammar nazi post without first making sure ones own was spotless.

6. Pepsy

Pepsy Avatar

If you gonna call someone stoopid you better spell it right....

Spoon likes this.
  7. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

You'll have to take that up with @Berek , the sole moderator here on SotA forums. I already offered to tidy up the forums in 2 hours by utilizing this strategy, but the idea of having a milder form of punishment for code of conduct violations than what's currently available doesn't float his boat.

None taken, for you see, grammar and spelling are two different things my good friend, as are general postings and signatures.

If you want to learn the definition of irony, you don't need to look far. Take for example the posts in this thread which passionately defend the importance of feedback of any kind, while suggesting that it should be ignored.

Pepsy likes this.
  8. Myrcello

Myrcello Avatar

Changed my Sig. Thank you for the feedback And i did get very emotional reading your suggestion.

Pepsy likes this.
  9. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

YW. I like your sig! Very much the reason why I also got emotional about it. :)

Pepsy likes this.
  10. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Sweetness, it keeps on giving.
    If you have read up on the subject then you know that the meaning of irony and ironic has changed over the centuries and that the modern use doesn't match the more archaic use.
    However disregarding that, within the framework of the modern meaning your post certainly qualifies since the human nature of it is quite telling.
    But please carry on.

docdoom77, Kaisa, Sir Cabirus and 2 others like this.
  11. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

What the OP suggests we already have. Its called pvp subforums. Its buried, covered up and ignored.

12. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

LOL.
    Bullseye.

Kaisa, Pepsy and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  13. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

Yes, ask them to create their own forum system :), it wouldn't be the first time that's happened...

On a slightly more serious note, we're still considering this, but in all honesty, it would be a moderation nightmare. Legitimate complaints and concerns should not be buried. I would rather try and get the people confused about how to post properly to post better first.

Moiseyev Trueden and Pepsy like this.
  14. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

God I hope I don't start babbling like this when I get to 6000+ posts..

If you insist but I should mention that this tirade of yours isn't exactly helping your 'like to post' ratio. Facts are popular today I guess!

15. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

There is a big difference between complaining and providing constructive criticism. The purpose and primary reason we are allowed in ALPHA / BETA or "PRE-RELEASE ACCESS" is to help the development team get this game ready for production. This game is still under heavy construction, we see major structural changes every month (even after "presistance"). So saying this, people here are to fast to just say "this game sux and iz clunky".

I am one of the hardest people on the dev's here, but I always try to make it constructive... "here is a problem, here is some real data, here is a few ways we can try to fix it".

If all they want to do is complain and rant then they kind of deserve the responses a lot of people give them for that since its basically trolling and stirring up drama.

16. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Freedom of speech and stuff.
    If you can't stand the heat, don't do an alpha. Or beta. Or games at all.
    Because you always will get complaints.

Kaisa likes this.
  17. Ravicus Domdred

Ravicus Domdred Avatar

I would focus on dev response first. Much of the negativity comes from being ignored.

18. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Exactly. There's nothing wrong with being on a rant, it happens to everyone really. But stirring up drama by click/flame-baiting, constant repeat posting and spamming topics are all code of conduct violations because they bring the community low.

Restricting violator's posting privileges to the OP's 'rants' section, while they're on a rant, is way less oppressive than temporary or permanent bans. It helps moderators more accurately gauge where the user's mentality is at before unleashing them back into the public. It wouldn't be that hard to do, since access privileges already exist.

Nobody's saying moderators will be expected to sift through the forums looking for repeat postings, just if they see them or get reports about players spamming topics they have a place to put them, other than just leaving them all over the place like it is now.

19. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

Not to mention that it's completely justified not only because they're code of conduct violations but also because players are expected to understand that the game is unfinished so when they're ranting about extreme changes or undelivered content they don't even have a leg to stand on if they're not being constructive about it.

20. jammaplaya

jammaplaya Avatar

So just to clarify:

Repeat threads can be sent to the rants section when reported or noticed.

People who continually post off topic rants in threads (code of conduct violation) can have their privilages revoked to only allow them to post in the rants section, but still be able to view the rest of the forums, until they're done ranting.

And the rants section is not visible to guest access viewers.

This solution will breed a more constructive environment, which is needed in this stage of the games development, while reducing the load on moderators.

Pepsy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.