Nudity and Sexual Content

Discussion in 'Archived Topics' started by Rasaro, Apr 24, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silver Sterling

Silver Sterling Avatar

Ok, i woudn't talk about Morrowind, because it was long time ago. But yes, the body was really ugly. I installed some body mod there, but can't remember which one. For Skyrim i actually use Calientes CBBE body, because i like it a bit more curvy. ;) Aswell it has a nice bodyslide system. Ok, it works only outside of the game, but you can change the race body shape with sliders, how you want it and this is a honorable performance for a private modder. And for the nudity, yes underwear should be on always, but it would be nice, when you can buy or find (*urghs*) new one to change them out, if you don't like then. Censoring shoudn't be nessesary and would only look ugly.

For the "nappy", i played some Ultima 9, but haven't played it to far. so donno what it was. But thinking about bordels, i think some short underwear should be okay aswell.

2. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

I realize the realities of MMO economics means they want to keep the content pretty mild, but I do enjoy more "adult" content than that permitted for 12 year olds....I am over 50 for petes sake, Ive seen naked people before and Id like to have the SotA world be somewhat realistic and less puritanical. No matter what it isnt going to make or break the game (I think) but it would be nice to have options and Romance is a nice option when done right. (some of the old Baldur's Gate romance mods were pretty good).

NirAntae and By-Tor like this.
  3. Nexblade

Nexblade Avatar

i dont want to sound like i am attking you persnonally, but in my gaming experince OUTSIDE "Wow" was that chicks were the ones with the most "sexualized" names and behaved the most like "objectified objects". to make a few quick examples: wurm online a game i have played on and off over the years, Juggs and Aniceset where 2 chicks i meet that were very entertaining. obviously there are many more examples i can use, but these 2 i spent alot of time with and talking with so they come to mind right away. one of the things chicks in this game always complained about was looking "better" in the game. not every chick wants to look like a man in a virtual world. you may of noticed how many GUYS and girls are obssesed with looking "good/cool" ingame. i do understand both sides of the argument here, but utimatly this would fall to Lord British to choose how he wants to go forward. ending on that note, having being plenty experinced and not a "child" or "young" man, i still find pixilated nudity funny and entertaining as long as its not JUST thrown into my face and it done propper, like penalizing ppl running around naked in the streets! having designated "party" places, such as a brothel. this is an RPG and we all have different things we like to do to relax. why penalize others just because u dont like to do something? it seems much content is being aided by the player base/community. so who is to say that if approved couldnt be FULLY taken up by the community as to NOT take away from the normal game? this can be done very well and in direct relation to REALITY!
    those are just my 2 cents on the subject, from a new guy still trying to figure out what backer package to get :)

4. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Umm not to be partisan here, but I object to "Chicks" being stereotyped. Some women celebrate sexuality and enjoy the human form, others are more sedate and demure. Blatantly shoving any theoretical sexual content down anyones throat is not going to work, however having things handled in a mature tasteful way will ensure more people are happy.

5. Silver Sterling

Silver Sterling Avatar

I personally woudn't mind it aswell. To be honest, i enjoy looking on nude skin aswell. Its yust natural. But our society is a bit difficult in this area. And we don't want SOTA to get problems.
    Yes, i aswell tend to use body mods, because most female bodies in the games aren't, how i prefer them. Ok, i like curves, but not so much in the breast region. One of the reason i like to play with a body customization. Ok, i don't do it to much in online games, because i prefer to play a male there, but in offline game i often play around with this aswell. ;)
    Short, i like to drool in single player, but not so much in the online game. ;p

6. Sperg

Sperg Avatar

You would have to be a degenerate or a pervert to want to see nudity in a game IMO.

7. tuchaka

tuchaka Avatar

Mature rating means less players its economically unsound

8. Silver Sterling

Silver Sterling Avatar

If you mean sexual degenerated, than it can even be true. Don't have much luck by the german girls. They are very very difficult. :/
    For the pervert, well uhhh i think i can't bring a counterargument. :rolleyes:

Yes, thats the reason i have my point, that complete nudity should be something for mods. If we want to have them in the basic game, we would need some censoring. So pixelizing (Like it is in Saint Row 4 or Sims) or by letting out the genitals, what would give the character a total doll look. Both things are not the best and i prefer to look on more realistic stuff, so the best option is to keep the underwear, where it is. It can be short, the game should aswell have its sexy side and shoudn't be uptight and prudish, bit it should be aswell in the scope of the age restrictions to keep it in the teen area or possible the mature area.

9. greaseDonkey

greaseDonkey Avatar

IMO full nudity is stupid, but I don't mind more revealing armour. Plot leading to a sexual act is perfectly fine, but we don't need to see the actual intercourse.

10. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Really?? So are Botticelli, Michalangelo, Giovani Bellini and all the other Great Masters Perverts and Degenerates?

Is it more perverted to admire and appreciate the natural state, or to be ashamed of it and to cover it at all costs?

@tuchaka that is the reason I don't expect nudity in the game, sad as it is, people have completely warped ideas about the human body, Americans in particular.

@GreaseDonkey I think the basic body mesh should be pretty much a nude, but due to the need for censors to "protect" children from seeing a naked body (such as they were born with) they will have to implment a base set of underwear. I agree no need for graphic sexual acts that is a whole different thing than nudity.

Asguard likes this.
  11. Silver Sterling

Silver Sterling Avatar

Well, a revealing armour is always such a thing. We had the discussion before already. A heavy but revealing armour isn't a large protection. For revealing, dresses are better. If you don't set on protection and more on agility, then its aswell an idea to have very short clothings to confuse the enemy. Somethig like this would be okay and i would endorse it. Aswell bordels would be a place to have short clothings. Don't think, that the inhabitant has no sexual needs. Thats yust natural for reproduction.

Well, our society is very inhibited in sexuality, in a grade, that is even a "bit" abnormal in my eyes. The intresting part here is, that we where all born nude and with lust and that peoples where way more open about it, before the dark age. Different sexes in the same bathroom where normal back in this time. The church actually took care, that open nudity, sexuality, etc. is demonized, how it is today.

Yes, its the society. If the game needs to be sold, what is the case, we have to life with it.

Sexuality for the other side, should stay out. Thats to private and i don't think we need it in an online game. Well, modders can and will most likely mod it in. But thats okay, because it woudn't be in the online world. So we don't have to deal with it, if we don't want to. ^^
    X

MagiK likes this.
  12. Sperg

Sperg Avatar

If you are talking about great works of ananimate art from masters through history that is one thing, but if you are talking of pixilated boobs and crotch bouncing around in game that's another. I don't want to see that crap, and this is a generalized statement not meaning to call any one out in particular, but if an individual wants to see that and gets gratification from such they need help and have a few issues that should be discussed with a psychological professional.

13. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

My diagnosis and assessment of the situation differs from yours. Your desire to see what you want to see, is reasonable, which is why there should be a selectable setting.....or in this case the ability to have body mods.

Much more disturbing I believe is the desire to PvP which is violence against other real people which is far more damaging than pixelated boobs. (not that I want to turn this into a PvP thread.)

14. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

You cannot look at nude skin in this game. It is computer generated images that you will see. See my earlier post about googling disney characters nude.

15. Silver Sterling

Silver Sterling Avatar

You know what i mean. :p
    Ok, so higher the quality, so better. Wasn't the nicest look by unmodded games like Morrowind. ;)
    And having Disney Characters in SOTA would surly be funny. ^^

Isaiah likes this.
  16. Ultima Codex

Ultima Codex Avatar

I see my repeated pleas to let this silly thread die have gone unheeded. And as a moderator, it would be inappropriate for me to wish for someone to say something so wildly inappropriate that locking the thread would be warranted.

Evidently, my only option is to suffer this topic ad infinitum.

17. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

If I say somthing naughty to give you a reason to lock the thread will I get a black mark against my name?

18. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

I feel sorry for you, your posts show an obvious fear of your own sexuality and body and its sad. If we were truly the enlightend society that we claim then we wouldn't be so terrified of our own naked bodies or our own sexuality which are demonstrated by your shrill posts.

19. Ultima Codex

Ultima Codex Avatar

Me? Fear my body and sexuality? No, no, no. My sex life at home and growing brood of children put that accusation to lie. I love sex and have a bloody fantastic sex life, TYVM.

Oh, I could stand to lose a few pounds and I'm not happy about said extra weight...but that's not the same thing at all, is it?

If you re-read my posts, my main point is that I don't see the value of most in-game nudity and sexuality. I think it's certainly possible that it can play a valid role in any narrative and gameplay experience, but I also recognize that it tends to be realized in a way that is merely crass and titillating. Exceptions exist, but only barely. Is it plot-critical that I can see Triss' pubic hair in The Witcher 2?

Moreover, I maintain that the offline version is superior in every respect to the online version; nudity in a game is meaningless to me when my wife is ready to jump me pretty much 24/7. That may be an atypical experience, however, which is sad if so. I mean, sure, I can see Triss' pubic hair...but the real deal is eighteen feet away from me and way more fun to engage with.

So that's my attitude here: "meh..."

20. CaptainJackSparrow

CaptainJackSparrow Avatar

Ultima Codex I agree with you, but not about suffering this topic. Why can't you lock this up by the way? Did that insane guy PK all you moderators?

I plea to Portalarium to shut this down. There are so many disgraceful, stereotypical, degrading, and just about every other word in the dictonary, posts in this thread.

Please lock this, actually please remove the contents of this thread from the forum in totality. It should not be here and the fact that you have allowed this to go on in this manner for this long shows some serious neglect.

Help me @FireLotus wan kenobi, you're my only hope.

DavenRock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.