Obsidian Chainmail Crown Store Item (and patterns)

Discussion in 'Crown Store' started by Anpu, Feb 4, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Currently we have the Obsidian Plate Armor and the Obsidian Cloth Armor. I would love to see a set of Obsidian Chain mail added to the Crown Store. This armor would be similar looking to the existing Obsidian Armor but be Chain mail.

You do currently have a base model of the Darkstarr Chainmail, and this could possibly be reworked to fit more in style to match the 2 existing Obsidian style armors.

The complete armor set could be on the crown store as well as pattern versions would be available as well.

Initially, I'd like to see this added to the crown store only at first. And then later, an altered (worn?) version perhaps that can be found in game either from creatures or other means.

Thanks!

2. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Yeah. We were supposed to get the cultist sets as drops, with the store versions being the "ornate" versions. I don't see any of these things ever happening.

3. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Actually not quite. I actually just spent an hour and a half researching this (because I was wondering about that as well).

On JUNE 8, 2018 there was the Avatar’s Update #283: Ebon Dawn Cultists and The Making of Norgard Fens:

Improving the Ebon Dawn Cultists

The Ebon Dawn Cultists are modern Novian worshipers of the historic Obsidian Order. They seek to restore the ancient power of the Obsidians and work with the Obsidian Cabalists and even the Undead. Until now these enemies have been using the same art as bandits. In Release 55 they will be getting their own art based on the Obsidian Order armor we created for the Release 52 Livestream Stretchgoals, albeit these versions are darker in color and more worn in appearance.

Additionally in Release 56 you will be able to loot these enemies for this armor and salvage it for patterns.

Then in Release 54 they were still on plan to make these as drops.

The adding Obsidian Armor as drops was (I'm assuming) the initial plan for these. But that never actually happened. It never got added to Release 56. And then that idea was either changed or scrapped.

Of note, are there various other things mentioned in Updates that change or get scrapped? Yes. Lots of them. That is every day basic Development. Things change.

They did however add the Worn, Ragged and Rusty armor to (All?) humanoid creature drops (Release 53).

I do not however know the exact reason why this idea was scrapped or removed though. Again, so do a number of other initial ideas get changed or scrapped as well, as the game continued to develop.

Boris Mondragon likes this.
  4. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Around R57-58 I asked about them during a telethon. Darkstarr claimed they were still going to happen. But I gave up on it a long time ago. I really wanted the leather set.

5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

that obsidian armor that never made it in is cloth.

Cordelayne and Anpu like this.
  6. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

Obsidian Chainmail and Leather Obsidian Armor was never actually planned to be added. Just the Plate and Cloth. I can’t find a single mention of any post stating they were specifically adding Obsidian Chainmail or Obsidian Leather armors?

Release 52 was when the stretchgoals to add new Obsidian Armor to the game was actually achieved, and now we have the Obsidian Plate Armor and Obsidian Cloth Armor.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
    Boris Mondragon and Cordelayne like this.
  7. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Probably a livestream mention. The archers were to drop leather, the fighters chain, and the mages cloth. When it didn't happen, i asked in a telethon, and was told it was still the plan.

8. Anpu

Anpu Avatar

I think the larger issue was this was/is a very highly anticipated item in the game that was going to drop (Obsidian Armor), that was never effectively communicated that this idea/plan was changed or scrapped.

Cordelayne likes this.
  9. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

Agreed. Woulda been nice have two sets of not-ugly leather armor in the game.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.