Ok now wrap your brains around this, Housing and Row Lots - - - -

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Weins201, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Thiss just dawned on me in another thread - - Since we are allowed to pick lower level Lots than our pledges and Row lots ONLT appear in the NPC towns and some are in PRIME locations . . . What will happen if enough player in the higher tiers have taken up enough for the Row lots that when the Last group that can pick (which only have the choice of row lots) enters their time frame that no Row lots are left avail .

Ah being the devil on the shoulder sucks :)

Now this is a valid reason to bring up land rushes and ability to pick lower tiers, Value and anything else doesn't really matter :)

It is all going to boil down to location, LOCATION, location :)

2. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Means maximum profit, I bet it will be a very popular move that will enhance the reputation of the game.

Aldo and Moiseyev Trueden like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

yeah but like your thread this one actually means some player will NOT be able to pick a lot :) Hummmm But is does piggy back the greed you pointed to :-(

Moiseyev Trueden and FrostII like this.
  4. Miracle Dragon

Miracle Dragon Legend of the Hearth

I had thought that the number of lots in the game should equal total number of possible lots claimed by players + 30%.. which would mean for row lots, total number of deeds owned period, +30%..

But these kinds of numbers would really emphasize the important to be able to have the number of lots in the game dynamically grow as people pick them. Something I know they were working on with PRTs originally, so maybe that will come back. This type of system may be very important for developing the offline world along with the online as well.. tons of empty player lots would look awful in the offline world, so something must be planned to change the visuals here.

5. Solstar

Solstar Avatar

The point he's making is this, using easy numbers. Say there are 1000 people looking for a lot and 700 of them have row lots, 150 have village, 100 have town and 50 have city.

This means, to meet the goal of pledge lots +30%, Port will need to create 910 row lots.

The concern is, for each person over 210 people with village lots or higher that takes a row lot instead of an appropriately sized lot for their pledge, that's one row lot pledge that can't place.

Since we don't have any proposed solution, OR hard numbers from Port that can dismiss this as a possibility, people are left to speculate about worst case scenarios.

stratigos, Beli, KuBaTRiZeS and 2 others like this.
  6. DeadSpider

DeadSpider Avatar

That would bite :/ Hope this does not happen.

stratigos and Miracle Dragon like this.
  7. Alexandra Cornfellow

Alexandra Cornfellow Avatar

Hi DeadSpider,

I feel like this is very unlikely. Certainly a few of the prime row lots might be grabbed up by higher pledge folks. But one must assume that one of the driving reasons for choosing a higher pledge level was to obtain the larger plot.

I think that eventually, as in UO, people will get to know the good vendors and will make an effort to visit them regardless of their locations--Personally I rarely shopped in Luna because I found better and far less expensive vendors elsewhere. Of course rune books and recall spells helped :cool:

Aldo, stratigos and licemeat like this.
  8. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

This scenario affects me, because I am in group 90 and 91 with an Ancestor row lot and an add-on store row lot. I am not worried about not being able to claim a row lot in an NPC town or PRT because there are measures that Port can take to ensure that there are lots available. I would really like them to change PRTs to be more townlike with a town center, more town lots and a row lot section. They could even add merchants and skills trainers. That would make the PRTs much more attractive places to live even if they are not part of the main story line.

Because I like POTs, I plan to place at least one of my two row lots (probably both) in a POT. I will purchase stuff from the POT inhabitants and if I want to sell something in town or take on purchase orders, I will use a public vendor. I definitely won't frequent player vendors simply because they are on the main drag in an NPC town.

9. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

This is strange to me how can this dawn on you now when you responded to my outline of this already a week ago?

Here is a summary from another topic. To see the outlines you have to click the link for the quote.

10. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

The hang out session is coming soon. Don't forget to pass these questions to the staffs. I think last wipe and lot selection will dominate the post mortem talk this time.

KuBaTRiZeS and 4EverLost like this.
  11. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Please don't get upset but thinking like this will lead to players like Karea without even the option

As for player who have a larger pledges because they wanted a large house is pretty much irrelevant since I am basing this off of player greed anting location to turn it into profit.

the 30% if going to be 30% for each category, HAS to be except for Duke and LotM

But lets just say ;
    50 city
    60 town
    100 village
    200 row

these are the number of lots purchases

That mean 65, 78, 130, 260 of each type of lots are placed, row lots can ONLY be placed in NPC towns as it stands now and they are VERY valuable for their location some of the PRTs are out in the middle of nowhere

so the 50 City guys come in and take 3 city (all the NPC city lots) in the NPC towns 35 go to their POT or a PRT and now they take 5 town lots in the City and 10 Village City lots
    Town goes and they take 15 Town (all the NPC left after 5 where taken by City Guys) so they 20 take Village City Lots (now 30 in NPC are gone only 10 left :-( ) The rest go out
    Village, remember now 30 Village NPC lots are already taken, some rows also prob fell since they are even better clost to the Square ...... So the village guys come in and for the money because they can always to later on and move to their POT or a PRT thy grab what is left of the village lots in the NPC twn which is only 20 and now grab as many ROW lots they can say like 60 of them.

So during placement lets just say 75 players chose Row Lots because they can resell, or they just want the location :-(

200 Row Players log in and go to place, remember there was ONLY 260 row lots placed and 75 are already gone - - - - 260 - 75 = 185 Row Lots avail but 200 players - - - - -

Is that simple enough this is a trickle down effect that can (and I bet will) happen, I know this is very doom sayer but . . . . . .

12. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

This was my concern as well. Funny isn't it that the people with the biggest lots see more value in the smallest, if only to then swap later for their extra housing allotment or to resell to make a profit. From reading above earlier it seems that PRT's don't have many or any LOT row housing? Only NPC towns as of present? If so then from my elation yesterday that there will be enough Row Lots for all was un true.

There is a simple solution to all of this, but it involves the wealthier forgoing what they possibly see as their right to make a profit or to have the best of both worlds.

Allow the lower tier housing pledges to go first!
    They cant take anyone's larger plot...an Ancestor cant take a Citizen, and in turn they cant take a KM/Lord/LM and they in turn cant take a Baron and ...well you get the idea. For the pledges that take the same size lot, like in the case of KM/Lord/LM then they can then go as it is detailed at present.
    This would work well, just meaning that the poor(er) get to choose the least valuable lot ( in truth that is still what they are even though others with a higher lot want them), no one doesn't get what they pledged for. This would also mean that a higher pledger when it is there turn could take a lower value plot but not to the detriment of the lower caste. This would also make producing the right amount of locations easier for the devs as at the moment if each higher bracket backers took a good percentage of the row/village lots then it could turn into a confusing mess with many lower pledges not even having the chance to get a property in their tier when their turn eventually comes.

13. Alexandra Cornfellow

Alexandra Cornfellow Avatar

Never Weins, and I understand your concern. I'm just hoping most of the Lords, Ladies, and Barons will uphold the virtues that Lord British espouses and will demonstrate COURAGE and HONOR using LOVE as their beacons when placing their new homes in Novia. Optimistic? Undoubtedly--greed and envy fueled by inordinate quantities of Red Bull can be powerful tempters.

This seems a bit problematic as the folks that chewed off a bigger pledge did so understanding that they would be able to chose any lower tiered lot. I doubt the Portelarium folks could get away with such a plan.

Cheers,
    A. Cornfellow

Womby, Bow Vale and 4EverLost like this.
  14. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

I never thought my wonderful sensible idea would gain any traction!
    But your reply Alexandra has got me thinking a little.
    On this release when everything kinda goes live...no more wipes etc. Wouldn't this be the point where our in game actions have a bearing on our characters. This is a RPG and i remember reading when i first pledged we are all watched by the Oracle, it doesn't miss what we do and from the main page this interests me:
    "Players will adventure through over 40 hours of story in an interactive world where their choices during ethical paradoxes have consequences"
    Granted it is in relation to the single player Offline mode, but.....

It might be a method for out characters as one of their first 'choices' in the game to be judged, no one says rightly or wrongly, but if maybe the Oracle is watching the landrush it might be able to make an assessment of our virtues, as you put it so well in your previous post.
    Edit:
    Just been reading some ideas in this thread, mainly on the 2nd page that are possibly good solutions to the problem.
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/squating-property-sales.45110/

Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
  15. Miracle Dragon

This would be quite interesting. Remember, we are our character.. our actions in the land rush are being performed 'in-game' and should reflect our character's virtue..

stratigos and Bow Vale like this.
  16. Amethyst

Amethyst Avatar

I thought row lots would be available, but village lots might be harder to find on release. I base this on the fact that village lots are sold out/not available, but the other lot sizes are still available.

stratigos likes this.
  17. Miracle Dragon

But now, here's the catch, those village lots, as well as every other size lot deed, can be used to claim row lots (the smallest sized lot). So yes, village lots in NPC towns will most likely fill up before row lots, but the row lots will likely also fill up by the end of the rush (within NPC towns).

18. Amethyst

Amethyst Avatar

I would never use my village lot deed on a row lot. I have a row lot in a lousy location in Ardoris, yet I always sell what I list in less than 24 hours because I sell what people around me need. The places next to mine were owned by males and were empty inside. So I sold them Mounted Antlers. My village lot in Aerie was surrounded by homes without outside lighting like in Ardoris, so I sold them Streetlamps. Not hard to get things sold at all.

19. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

Oh lord.

It's a game they can edit.

Just like they will be adding some NPCs to the PRTs they can also add a section of Row lots in every PRT made.

20. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

Though, they might not decide to do XYZ to housing unless players inform them of their needs. Though again, players can do so less dramatically and with less emotional hot wind.

Miracle Dragon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.