Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

/oldprospector

Discussion in 'Release 53 Feedback Forum' started by Barugon, May 1, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

Hopefully it’s a different emote as it’s a new quest.

By Tor likes this.
  2. Sannio

Sannio Lead Quest and Level Designer Moderator SOTA Developer

It's the same emote.

After you do the old prospector's "Lucky Nugget" quest, you can get his follow-up quest. The "/oldprospector" emote will be part of the reward for the follow-up quest.

3. Duffrey Blake

Duffrey Blake Avatar

Too bad, one less to collect. But thanks for clarification.

4. Bushmaster

Bushmaster Avatar

There will be NO rare items or emotes. To many people cry about not getting it, even tho they can still get it by learning it from anyone that did get it.

5. oplek

oplek Avatar

Yeah, this is an example of where Portalarium can't win, no matter what they do.

6. Kalidorn

Kalidorn Avatar

Wow if you QQ enough your complaints become law. Whats the point, I enjoyed teaching people not charging a fee. I read the notes it said to hurry so i did. They said it was going away real quick I believed them. What ever...........I WANT A PONY DARKSTARR give me a pony I never got a pony and you have one and I want it :p

Athanil, Hornpipe and Daxxe Diggler like this.
  7. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

I don't mind time limited events, but I think this one was poorly executed. There was no indication of exactly how long/short it would be, there was precedent in previous releases for time limited events to last an entire release (Think the recent shardfall bits), and the emote reward was pulled with no notification to the players. It wasn't announced that it had been pulled until a later patch after the fact.

8. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I guess this is the end of rare emotes. Or rare anything if some people complain. I'm not blaming Port by any means. It's just a shame that "time limited" things won't be time limited if a handful of people get upset about it.

Hornpipe likes this.
  9. Barugon

Barugon Avatar

Hornpipe and By Tor like this.
  10. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I wish so too. There are some of us that heeded the release notes and made it a point to do that quest before our time was up. It would be nice if they changed the emote just a little for the people who made it a point to get that emote before it was gone.

Duffrey Blake likes this.
  11. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

@Barugon
    Again, that is not an indication of how long it will be available, just that it will be a short interval. I ran the quest Monday. They didn't announce it had been removed until patch 772 on Tuesday. But they actually removed it *before* that patch. R53 released on Thursday. They should have said "only through the weekend" or something if they were going to make it incredibly short like this. It didn't even last a single week. And again, they removed it with no announcement, and when they did announce it, it was after the fact.

Ember, Elwyn, Rada Torment and 2 others like this.
  12. Ember

Ember Avatar

Just chiming in to say that the "limited time" to get this reward was way too short. I get that it's teachable by those that did get it, but 5 days? Really? *shrugs* This is one of those "fun" things that becomes un-fun as soon as you force players to seek out other players just to get the fun thing. :rolleyes:

Rada Torment likes this.
  13. Nuku

Nuku Avatar

If there are going to be limited time rewards like this, I wish the patch notes would at least have it noted towards the top of the post. I remember picking up this quest the day the patch came out, but didn't take the time to complete the quest until today. I am slightly disappointed that I found out now that it was a limited time thing; it's nice that I can still learn it from someone though.

Mishikal likes this.
  14. Mishikal

Mishikal Avatar

4 days. :) Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday. By Monday (When I did it on patch 770), it was gone, although that had yet to be announced.

Ember likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.