Open PvP with full loot everywhere in online mode?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Ara, Apr 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

You have grossly misrepresented things here. I haven't seen a single PvE player say that an open PvP mode shouldn't exist.

Instead, we don't want to be FORCED into an open PvP mode. But keep in mind that hiding cool PvE content behind PvP, or making the top of the progression exclusive to PvP, also counts as "forced".

As long as we aren't forced into PvP against our wishes there is no issue with an open PvP mode existing.

Actually, it will be listened to because:

- RG has stated, unambiguously and repeatedly, that one of his objectives with the online game is to attract offline players into playing online. You can bet that he will listen to the reasons players might point for preferring to play offline rather than playing online.

- Portalarium estimates that roughly half the player base will be PvE players. They would have to be utterly crazy to dismiss concerns that, by their own estimates, likely resonate with half the player base.

- Many of those players are backers, including early backers for which the early promise of players never being forced into PvP against their wishes was essential in deciding to pledge. If people that have given money to the game development over a year before release complain that a change in an early promise would prevent them from playing, I would expect the developers to listen.

- Breaking a KS promise, in itself, would already be bad; doing so when the company plans to develop and release 4 expansions to the game, the way Portalarium plans to do with SotA, would be even worse.

Time Lord, AuroraWR and Xandra7 like this.
  2. AuroraWR

AuroraWR Avatar

Dear Sir Tim,
    We are clearly not communicating very well. I appologize that I made myself unclear and I will try to explain myself better this time around. I was not reitterating your points. You are, in fact, one of the people I wrote that post to refute as you are the biggest user of "Realistic/Realism" etc in gaming in this thread, yet you don't seem to grasp the concerns of anti-PvPers, nor do you seem to want to allow them to have a mode where they can still RP while avoiding the unrealisitc accelerated amount of violence that will show up in this game under the currently understood system of consequences and death.

Um... pot calling kettle black...
    There have been zero posts that I can find on the forums, and I have been reading all of the PvPer posts here, where an anti-PvPer has said they don't want a mode for RP-PvP. If you find one, please direct me to it because I have yet to see evidence of this. On the other hand, you have repeatedly expressed how you don't think there should be a mode for Anti-PvP RPers.

Primary goals: story, interactive virtual world, multiplayer capabilities beyond combat.

They are not crying. They are making reasonable points based off of what the Devs told people early on who backed this game. If you are not a huge PvP person, but RP is important to you, it is not unreasonable to think there would be a way to see non-PvP RP people and avoid all the PvP in an OPO mode.

The people who said anything resembling "Im not playing" have almost always, if not always, said so in the context that 'playing' be in OPO mode. They said that they would play in offline, or single player mode. They are 'playing your game' and the Devs should listen to them.

So, what was the actual point of my previous post above?
    Simple. Stop complaining about non/anti-PvP people being unhappy that the only OPO mode is full PvP. UNLESS something drastic changes in the areas of deaths, consequences for in game crimes/violence, or balancing the UNREALISTICALLY HIGH violence levels, DON'T tell them they should accept it and suck it up.

Let's me be clear, I'm not JUST talking about griefers with the high violence/crime levels here. Because this is a game, more people will feel free to RP characters of deviant behavior simply because they wouldn't be able to in the real world. That means more RPed thieves and murders than would or should normally exist in a setting. If it's easy to be a murderer or a thief, and there aren't real consequences for RP criminal behavior, this is also a problem for full PvP.

Everyone:
    Instead of complaining that someone else's play style shouldn't happen because <insert excuse here>, think outside the box and help find a way to solve the problems so that EVERYONE (not just one major playstyle) can enjoy the game. The Dev's HAVE said repeatedly they want to make this a "Selective Multi-player game" that is UNLIKE OTHERS. Everyone here is so flipping creative (Seriously, we are.), start trying to think of something NEW. That would actually be constructive! *GASP* :eek:

God likes this.
  3. Sir Tim

Sir Tim Avatar

I have said MULTIPLE times that there are, as described by the dev team, already two guaranteed non-PvP/PvP optional modes. Single player, and Friends Play. THEY do not want an PvP mode as when I suggest adding one, they object.

I literally have 9 anti-PvP’ers from these forums in my threads RANTING.. post-after-post at me when I suggest an open PvP mode. Don’t give me that crap… I deal with them ever PvP post I make.

That littlerally doesn’t mean crap. It just means they want you to RP past combat roles… farmer, cook.. w-ever. Nothing to do with PvP NOR PvE

1. There is NO suggestion from the devs that anything other than drastic is being applied… so don’t act like anything “new needs to happen.
    Litterally what I am saying… PvE’ers need to accept open PvP’ers desires.

4. Zigmalion

Zigmalion Avatar

And wouldn't that mean this acceptance of a different desired game play is a two-way street? Or do they have to respect what you want, but you don't have to respect what they want?

Phredicon and AuroraWR like this.
  5. AuroraWR

AuroraWR Avatar

Thank you ziggy29, that was my point.

Also, the PvE people didn't say they don't want there to be an OPO full loot PvP mode for you to play in. They just don't want that to be the only OPO mode, because they would also like to meet new people and explore with like minded social people who don't enjoy PvP. There is a difference between "OPO PVP shouldn't be the ONLY OPO mode" and "PVP shouldn't exist".

Phredicon likes this.
  6. Phredicon

Phredicon Avatar

Read that again, Sir Tim. And again. Annnnnd once more. Got it?

Now, please feel free to point out all those posts from PvE players asking to take away the PvP.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. God

God Avatar

@sir_tim dude, just stop. You're making the ones, like myself, that are more or less on your side of the discussion seem childishly argumentative.. Like you are being in every post you make

You're regurgitating the same moot points over and over and over again.. Why not try to come up with an IDEA that will actually work?

Mod edited for content.

Phredicon likes this.
  8. God

God Avatar

Also, the argument of "you guys get SPO and FPO" is irrelevant. They don't "get" those modes if you get what you're asking for, they will be FORCED into them. Why tell someone "oh, well you don't want open pvp, so I hope you have friends to play with or enjoy playing by yourself"?

Phredicon likes this.
  9. Sir Tim

Sir Tim Avatar

It would be a two way street if they accepted PvPers... cause PvE only is already built in inherently to Single player, and friends only mode.
    That can happen already as the team described it. They described citys and towns and the likes safe in 'fully online mode'. Pleanty of players to meet and friend and explore together. So its already there... but they dont want what... they want the whole thing safe, comepltely KILLing the whole point of PvP. Point being... PLAYERS ARE NEEDED FOR THAT.

So to say that SP, FP, and OPO isnt a two way street as described here... is ignorant.
    Right here for one. PvP requires players.. PvE does not. Yet they want to block PvP'ers even though they have ALL the means nessesary to A)meet new people in fully online mode, B)play with them in a "safe" mode, and C) play with just PvE and no other players if they want.

Yet they are completely against players that WANT a player driven experience which means, accepting that some roles people are playing... will involve... PvP.

10. God

God Avatar

WHAT IS THE POINT IN YOU SAYING THE SAME THINGS MULTIPLE TIMES???

You are arguing just to argue, man. We've seen the multiple threads you've posted and every post you've made on the subject. We get it dude. Starting a bickering contest every day is going to solve nothing but making you and the rest of our pro pvp crowd look like children.

Now, can we please move on to finding a BETTER solution? Obviously what you have thrown in will NOT work.

11. AuroraWR

AuroraWR Avatar

Sir Tim,
    I don't know if this is your intent, but the last three lines of that post come off as "we need people to kill, so they shouldn't have another OPO option because we won't have anyone to be victims". I'd like to give you a chance to clarify or perhaps restate your point.

Also, if people all go into Friends or Single Player mode, then won't you have the same issue of not having people? Either way, the people won't be there. They will either be in a social non-PvP OPO mode or they will be in Friends Only/Single Player.

Phredicon likes this.
  12. Sir Tim

Sir Tim Avatar

Im SAYING THE SAME THINGS MULTIPLE TIMES, cause I have 5 people expressing the same concerns and NOT reading that I JUST responded to that concern. Some of them even saying the same thing they JUST said... It like they need to be educated on how a discussion goes...

-They express concern
    -I respond with clarification or elaborate.
    -They express the same concern again.... BUT Its here, at this response, that they SHOULD be thinking critical and if what I say doesn’t solve their issue/thought... they need to elaborate, are clarify what they mean.

No that is not the intent and I am not a PvP'er so its not what I would be doing.

I said this 10 damn times... PvE needs enviromental content... content they HAVE in single player, and friend play.

Open RP is Role Playing with Players. We are content to eachother. Everything you propose involves restricting Open RP which involves accepting PvP will happen.

13. God

God Avatar

The concern that they are continually expressing is based on a PROMISE made my LB and Portalarium.

14. Sir Tim

Sir Tim Avatar

They are concerned about their PROMISE for a PvP world? They promised there would be single player and friends play mode, which basically means your not PvPing... so I dont see their PvE concern.

15. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

Okay guys, simmer down. This thread is on a downward spiral and the arguing and disrespectfulness needs to stop now.

Shadowladysage likes this.
  16. God

God Avatar

There was never a promise for a "pvp world." You're literally making things up in your head. RG stated from the beginning that pvp would be consensual.

What I don't understand and would like a clear answer from you on is this:
    If you have the ability to only see those that flag themselves for pvp, therefore having an open pvp world to live in, what is the problem? Because from what I've seen, you probably aren't too good at pvp and are worried about the playing field being level.

Mod edited for content

17. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

Actually they have said many times there would be PvPing.

Shadowladysage likes this.
  18. Sir Tim

Sir Tim Avatar

I hope these combative and disrespectful PvE'ers attacking me got some warnings from that. Calling people "childish", "Idiotic", and other such names just cause someone wants to see something in the game is insaine. Thank you!

Read Mystic's post below.. straight from a moderators mouth.

Yes! Thank you!

19. Mystic

Mystic Avatar

That was to you as well.
    Not sure what you're trying to prove... God is correct. PvP will be consensual.

God likes this.
  20. Sir Tim

Sir Tim Avatar

Well, sorry but, your wrong there. I also notice you never responded with a qoute to what it was in my reply to the PM you sent me. So much for that.

Thats what I was saying... there are at least 2 modes where PvP is consentual as I have said all over this thread. single player, and friend play. My point is there needs to be a mode for PvP... but ever time I have brough it up, I get anti-PvP'ers freaking out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.