Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Ornate / Crafted Backpacks

Discussion in 'Release 41 Feedback Forum' started by macnlos, May 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. macnlos

macnlos Avatar

I like that we can add these to our character and that you can visually see them in game. But interacting with these backpacks are clumsy at best. As far as I can tell, in order to open them for use you have to either:

a) Open up the Character Sheet and Double-Click them
    or
    b) Unequip them to your Inventory and then open them there

What really bothers me though is that you have the hotkey for your "Inventory" set to the I key. But when you bring up you inventory, the title on the box says "Backpack". So what is the backpack you are wearing on your back???

I think a quick fix would be to introduce a hot-key for worn backpacks. "I" can be set for your normal inventory and something like Shift-I can be set for a backpack that is equipped on the character.

Just my 0.02
    As for now, I've now placed my Ornate Backpack on the floor of my house as a deco.
    Elaina

uhop and Chatele like this.
  2. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Agreed.

Funny thing is that we used to have such an icon early on in the game release cycle, could have been R11 or so.
    On the hotbar there were two different inventory icons which one could click, one of those was backpack...

3. Black Tortoise

Black Tortoise Avatar

They do serve other purposes - stacking more gear bonuses (without having to wear a goofy looking cape). Right now I am crafting supple leather and hardened leather backpacks, mixing and matching the supple / hardened straps, to see which array of bonuses I like best.

Ill be selling the extras on my vendor, downtown central Storm's Reach, if you want some + crit backpacks ;).

Oh and I mean crafted backpacks, of course. Ornate backpacks are for making your avatar look ornate, thats about it as far as I can tell.

[update]

Sorry the above was redundant - all capes are goofy looking ;). Down with capes! Up with discrete back slot wearables!

Request / feedback for dev team - I think the backpack looks too big n bulky on the avatar. It could use a scale down to 85% or so. Just my 0.02 ;).

[update x2]

Boo!
    You cant make hardened leather backpacks, supple leather backpacks, or backpacks with hardened / supple leather straps! Plus, exceptional backpacks get +50 dur, but have no durability. Oh well, Im glad we can wear them for the first iteration. Next backpack iteration: please allow bonuses from the different types of crafting components (carapacian/hardened/supple leather/leather-straps), and give backpacks a different bonus when you make an exceptional one.

Last edited: May 1, 2017
    Chatele and Kabalyero like this.
  4. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

thanks... saved me from trying it out... :D

Chatele likes this.
  5. Curt

Curt Avatar

Give backpacks a + in how much we can carry simply.

6. redfish

redfish Avatar

--> Let us drag bags/backpacks to our hotbar.

In earlier releases, we had an area with free slots under our paperdoll where we could put bags. I'm wondering whether the original thought was to have us carry everything in bags rather than have a general inventory dump.

Spoon likes this.
  7. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

It was very EverQuest-like early on, where you have a limited number of slots to carry things, and if you wanted to carry more you needed to put bags in those slots. Then they went to weight-based limits, which is great in theory but makes bags almost useless.

If the graphical bag UI was more usable (read, "much larger") and provided the same options as the list for searching and such, I'd be happy to do away with the List entirely. I loved the Ultima 7 bags!

8. redfish

redfish Avatar

Ideally, I like a combination of player encumbrance and bag limits.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.