Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Over World map looks Great

Discussion in 'Release 7 Feedback' started by SmokerKGB, Jun 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Greymarch

Greymarch Avatar

I have a question about the map: how subtle will features be on it? Will caves and such be really obvious like Owl's Nest is currently or will there be things that we may have to explore a bit to find instead of just blatantly seeing it on the map?

Also, will there be things keyed to certain situations? Like having to have already done a quest or talked to an NPC before it shows on the map at all?

2. 3devious

3devious Avatar

It looks like you put a lot of work into the overland map and I want to thank you for your efforts. I've been saying this since we've had maps in this game:

It just does not feel very responsive. I find the pathing incredibly frustrating to watch. I am too much of a control freak to enjoy the current state of the map right now. It is also frustrating that you can't zoom out to the whole game world. I wouldn't mind fog of war or anything but not be able to at least pan the view around is very disappointing. I acknowledge all of the work you put into it but it doesn't really look that much better to me. If it's any consolation my husband thinks it looks nice.

3. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

It would seem that the "map" remembers which town you entered last, and places you out side of it, the next time you enter the "map". Once I entered Bramuar to check on housing lots, then I /home to Southmarsh. When I re-entered the "map" I was outside of Bramuar again. Normally I would have been outside of Owl's head selling items to Handac, so I would have been there.

It's actually pretty convenient for long distance travel, I'm hoping that it could go a step farther, and when I re-enter Owl's Head, it would place me where I was at, previously in town (so I wouldn't have to run to Handac again).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.