Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Pattern sets incomplete and of mixed materials

Discussion in 'Release 52 QA Feedback Forum' started by Kara Brae, Mar 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kara Brae

Kara Brae Avatar

Since my poor avatar was given free COTOs in QA, she went on a shopping spree at the Obsidian Crown Equipment Merchant in Owl's Head to buy patterns to transform her hated set of Epic Cloth Armor into something more stylish.

She discovered that not all pattern sets are completely usable because they are either incomplete or are of mixed materials or both.

Kara purchased a Bycocket hat pattern because she has always liked that hat.

She liked the other parts of the Flechier Tapestry Formal outfit, but there were no gloves in the set. She also couldn't use the matching boot pattern because she was wearing Epic Cotton boots and the boots in the pattern set were leather.

The chest piece icon on the Crown Vendor was black (the links to the website view aren't working yet), and I expected the jacket to be black when the pattern was applied. However, it took on the dyed color of the host chest piece (royal purple).
    As it turned out, this was a lucky circumstance in my case, since the color of the jacket ended up matching the Epic Cloth Gloves and Epic Cloth Boots. So although she is only using two parts of the pattern set (Jacket and Leggings), it doesn't look too bad.

Still, Kara would like to be able to use the matching boot pattern on her cloth boots and have less clunky gloves that better fit the streamlined look of the Flechier Tapestry Formal outfit.

In my opinion it doesn't make sense for boots in a pattern set to only work on a different material from the rest of the pattern set. I should be able to apply the Flechier Tapestry Formal boots to all light armor boots, not just leather ones.

Screenshot of mixed outfit: Flechier Tapestry Formal Jacket and Leggings. Epic Cloth Gloves and Epic Cloth Boots.
    [​IMG]

Chatele, majoria70 and Beaumaris like this.
  2. Lained

Lained Avatar

Interesting that the pattern preserves the existing dye colour, I guess if you didn't like it a dye remover would be an option.

Kara Brae likes this.
  3. Helvig Ingvildsdottir

Helvig Ingvildsdottir Avatar

A little off topic, but aren't you concerned that there are holes in that jacket that expose Kara's breasts and that the pants and boots give a somewhat ragged impression the way they are not layering correctly?

Mixing parts of different sets is not really advisable from an aesthetic point of view, sadly, as the individual pieces were made to fit together with only pieces of the same set. Which is so limiting... *sigh*

Chatele, Kara Brae and Kain Darkmoor like this.
  4. eli

eli Avatar

I would recommend the high heels, tuxedo shoes, or epic mage boots for those pants, and the long silk gloves since there are really no other choices.

As for the bycocket hat, I recommend using bone if you're a mage since you can get some stats that are useful, as both leather types are only good for fighters. The stag hat can also take leather patterns and gives you 3 int.

I stock virtually all light armor on my vendor ('butts' in novia market), and am happy to make pieces on request. I agree that almost all mixed sets result in clipping that would be trivial to resolve with even a planar bisection of the model. You can kinda get around this by using the same color dye, especially if you use glowing dyes.

majoria70 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.