Pickpocketing regs and mesmerize

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Raistlyn, Jan 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Ha - yeah, that encounter made the memorable moments list. I remember breaking free once and getting a little distance on you - was going to whip you at range but then you charged and it was all over for me... In game I like being the puffy chest virtuous player where I get to turn my nose up at all the reds and their unfortunate circumstances... (yeah - as if!) damn if they don't have more fun! Being blue really sucks in this game right now!

But it'll shake out - I'll either have a nice list of bad guys to hunt when the game launches - or I'll just learn all their tricks and take point. Muhahahahaha

2. Fractallily

Fractallily Avatar

My thoughts exactly. There are ways out of mez. People need to come prepared for siutations that they might get into in a pvp encounter if they're actually interested in the PvP aspects of the game. Actually, I had a talk with Raistlyn about this just the other day. Losing that much silver sucks but hey man, no offence, but maybe don't craft while flagged?

3. Fractallily

Fractallily Avatar

Yeah, hey, sorry, this is BS. #1 PickPocket has a 2 minute cool down if you have it locked and even if you have over 80 skill, that only gives you 4 more cards beyond your locked one which may or may not actually get dealt to you. Mez is easily gotten out of with smelling salts and berserkers stance. Play smart and none of this is an issue. Play dumb and lose your stuff. Seems pretty reasonable to me. I mean.. it's PVP..

4. Baene Thorrstad

Baene Thorrstad Avatar

You aren't seriously using this as your argument, are you?

MrBlight likes this.
  5. Raistlyn

Raistlyn Avatar

I would say the problem is I don't flag pvp anymore...
    So it is not good for pvp at all, simple as that.

6. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Oh no... :( although, I understand.

On the one end you have the extremist player that will drill any bugged skill or exploit into the ground because it's there... and on the other end - the extremist player is screaming exploit and holding the game hostage until the devs acknowledge their demands...

I try to exist somewhere in the middle - I play the game for what it is, and I'm skilled up enough to run solo with a flag. I get pwnd and sometimes it's not me losing so much as it is the game showing how unbalanced it can be - but I accept the loss and keep playing because it's the data the devs need to balance things - imo, people refusing to play until things are fixed is a fail scenario for development... although, I do understand.

Frederick Glasgow and MrBlight like this.
  7. Raistlyn

Raistlyn Avatar

Yea I should explain, I will still flag, I really enjoy pvp but I might wait for r38 first.

8. Hemswal The Descended

Hemswal The Descended Avatar

Mez fails from Sap on a regular basis. It's moonbeams that seems to succeed every time. It's not a thief problem. It's a Moonbeams problem.

Numa likes this.
  9. Damian Killingsworth

Damian Killingsworth Avatar

Debuffs should have diminishing returns. For example the 3rd mez in 60 seconds should last only a second. All is moot until we se what happens in R38

Numa, Kinkara and Spoon like this.
  10. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

How do i nicely put this without gettn reported.
    Learn how decks work.

4 copies of pickpocket. 8 sec use time. 1 sec draw time translates too a pickpocket drawn 4/20 . So lets say every.. 5 seconds on average.
    8 sec time use. Mean u have almost 100% guarentee to have a pickpocket card up.

Meaning 1 item every 8 seconds.
    (2 items since i referenced duo party)
    8 16 24 32 40 48 54
    6 sec for clicking time translates to
    7 pickpockets per person per minute.

14 per minute from a duo.

Is that not cleaning someone out in a matter of minutes?

Cooldown is bypassed when u deck it... obviously. Ljke anything else...

As for mez.. i actually explained how easily you can out spam someone who thinks the salts ans berz stance is enough.. so ill leave that under common sense.

And yes i have tested this threw n threw.. its not rocket science.. and has already been clarified its a bug for obvious reasons.

Yes. If u run berz, knights and bring over 30 salts with you, you may be able to bypass it enough not to get robbed. Maybe.
    But this is clearly from someone who has never actually had a duo who is abusing this, come at them.

Numa likes this.
  11. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

This.
    Cant stress this enough.. the cc resist should stack essentually..

Kinkara likes this.
  12. Daxxe Diggler

Daxxe Diggler Avatar

I never had this issue simply because I don't flag PVP. But, my understanding of the way that PP works is that if you simply target a PP while they attempt, the attempt fails and you can stun them, interrupting the PP. Is this not true? According to the current Published Player Instructions ... it is supposed to.
    So if a group tries to mez/pp exploit you, you should be able to just tab target through them to keep breaking their mez and stunning them. That is how this skill is supposed to be countered (so stun locks and exploits like this don't leave you without a defense against the thief/thieves) and if it's NOT working like that then it needs to get fixed.

On a side note - The instructions also state that worn/equipped items cannot be pick-pocketed. I think that's something that needs to be looked at also because I think that's been happening too.

Mac2 and Fister Magee like this.
  13. Kinkara

Kinkara Avatar

I can average 12-18 PP a minute, depending on how the cards fall, all while hidden. Don't let me find you AFK.

Applerust, Numa and MrBlight like this.
  14. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

You cannot out mez ber stance and get steals in, but you can out mess smelling salts very easy.

There is a large group of thieves doing the mes lock stealing thing. Rest assured Kinkara and i havnt done it in over a month, we stopped when a dev was concerned how it made victims feel.
    BUT there has been Zero official warning on it.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Adam Crow likes this.
  15. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Lol kink even better.

Valor it was posted in one of the bug forums that pp is suposed to break mez. Im on mobile cant link.

And to other guy. The stun only works if u can double click em un mezzed. Targeting them while mezzed does NOT stun.
    Also on TOP of that the pick pocket stun is breakabl3. So even if u smelling alt and then catch someone, they can jump out of the stun then re mez and go agian.

All a bad way the mechanics happen 6o work out.

Numa likes this.
  16. Raistlyn

Raistlyn Avatar

I don't think players using the mechanics as they are currently working is a bad thing, if the devs need to change some mechanics fine but honestly my goal with the post was not to get anyone in trouble or put them in the spot light. I just wanted to learn a bit more about thieving and pvp.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017
    Damian Killingsworth likes this.
  17. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Once again... I'm not sure where you get the idea that this thread is about anything combat related.

I read and re-read the OP and it seems as though he's talking about a previous reported mez-thieving bug that was being exploited.

Also, Knight's Grace is supposed to break mez but a bug is in (I submitted it) for it not working as intended.

18. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Actually as it stands its not an exploit. I've had many talks with devs and the thing is we can do it all we want until there is an official post on it. Sara as it stands there are tons of thief's doing it. Working month to month I refuse from this day on to conform to breaking mechanics. Just about to use them all until official warning are in place.

For knights grave you are right, It literally is useless. I rather just spam jump out of stuns

19. Insinious FizzleThorpe

Insinious FizzleThorpe Avatar

Looks like your talks with the "devs" was on a personal level that apparently all "devs" don't share the same view.. It is a bug, repetitive use is an exploit end of conversation, play by the rules or don't play at all.. simply put.. ban the offenders lets move on to more interesting problems..

Fister Magee likes this.
  20. Yakamo LLTS

Yakamo LLTS Avatar

Once the rules are set, fair game is gonna commence

I was mess killed last night until i was forced to log. Either way its not situated to 1 instance. It literally applies into the core aspect of pvp. Guys, there is more than 1 exit on a highway.

Last edited: Jan 19, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.