Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Picture for house deeds.

Discussion in 'Release 11 Feedback' started by Net, Oct 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Net

Net Avatar

I will keep it short and to the point

It would be great if we got picture of the house when we are purchasing house deeds, it is hard to tell which house is which by description.

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'd like an Inspect option for all items, so you can see how an item would look equipped on your character, or what the 3D model is if it is a home or animal. Something simple like right-clicking on the icon, or ctrl+clicking. If you wanted to make it more immersive, highlight an item in a merchant list or place it on your cursor, and then tell the merchant/NPC "tell me about this item" or "I'd like to see this item" and have them show it to you.

3. Dame Lori

Dame Lori Avatar

Agreed!

Net and Koldar like this.
  4. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I would have to agree with you on this. I had a difficult time trying to figure out what was what when selecting a deed from the vendor.

Net and Koldar like this.
  5. prospereau

prospereau Avatar

I definitely subscribe to this post. Figuring out which house was which was harder than trying to ride a greased dolphin through a thunderstorm whilst being chased by Captain Ahab and the entire cheer-leading squad of the New York Jets.

DF.

[​IMG]

Net and Lord Baldrith like this.
  6. Nemo Herringwary

Nemo Herringwary Avatar

To keep immersion, I'd like the NPCs to show you a poster of the house, but if you want to actually look at one as it would appear in the real world, they can tell you where they know one has been placed; "Ahh, the 3 Story Row House, 'tis a fine building. I hear Player X has one in the south of Owls Head, near location x, y if ye wants to see one before deciding!" It would help build community too, and encourage people to leave their homes open to the public...

Net likes this.
  7. stile

stile Avatar

+1. What i feel would be neat is if you have an option to quick travel to an instanced scene with one of each house type in it. Look around, come back, then purchase. A home showcase.

Net, Spoon and Koldar like this.
  8. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

For immersion sake NPC estate agents could have a secret spell passed down through there guild which casts an illusion of the house they are selling that you can walk through like a holodeck from star trek. Its a world of magic people, you can get away with pretty much anything

Alexander and Sir Stile Teckel like this.
  9. Nemo Herringwary

Nemo Herringwary Avatar

Easier for the lazy buyer, yes; but it would be much more communal to be pointed towards other people's homes, and let them share some of their decoration ideas instead... actually get a sense of cities as living, breathing places rather than just something we stick our own private little hermit hole onto. After all, what is less magical than replicating the kind of real world experience we already have where we don't even speak to our own neighbours? I want virtual estate agents to know a lot of people happily living in row houses and suggest I go and look at their neighbourhood, rather than just weave a spell and say "here's the goods."

Net likes this.
  10. stile

stile Avatar

Perfect! +1

11. stile

stile Avatar

I agree in theory, but say its episode 1.5, ive been playing long enough to earn the gold, i want to play online mode, i have a few friends but im not a huge social person. Theres 3 or 4 houses i want to explore a bit and no one i know owns them.

Im shy and dint wish to ask random people or groups. Im not finding one with the door unlocked. I have limited play time.

Im being forced to go out of the game to post on forums or spend more time in game trying to find one i can look at it.

This has now become an unneeded grind, delay, or possible point of disappointment for some players.

Im personally all for ways to socialize and encourage it in game, but not in a way that causes someone to be forced into playing in ways they dont want to.

A way to preview any house that is simple but not immersion breaking should be an option if its not hard to implement. I dont think it would be hard to implement.

For myself, im good. Ill have the chosen before E1 launches (I already have a fairly decent idea). Im thinking of the greater good if you will.

Net likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.