Player-Ran Towns Welcome Quest Idea

Discussion in 'Fire Lotus Tavern' started by Duke Gréagóir, Jun 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Winfield

Winfield Legend of the Hearth

Oh, they are moving player town threads -- I saw that. Does the URL change when the thread is moved?

For other PVP tournaments, Vengeance is holding some. They are posted on: http://avatarscircle.com/community-events/
    I don't know if there is a forum thread for it.

I think we should do this on Saturday at noon Central US Time. I have a PaxLair Gathering then, but we can start in Valemark again for the Quest and takes care of my PaxLair Gathering event time slot. Sunday is getting really tied up with PVP and I am running a House Decorations tour twice and more on Sunday too.

So PaxLair is proposed as the starting point on Saturday, noon Central US Time if that's OK. We can update calendars and wiki and threads when agreed upon by two or more towns I guess.

Avatars Radio also announces from the http://avatarscircle.com/community-events/ calendar list.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

The vengeance pvp tournaments are not going to have prizes beyond the thrill of victory and being able to say you were the last man standing!

Goal: to stress test and enjoy PvP during it's first release.
    Where: Vengeance
    When: times listed on http://avatarscircle.com/community-events/ calendar
    Who: anyone who wants to come!
    What: it's going to be a "bash your neighbor" style tournament until we get 8+ attendees... then I will randomly generate 1v1 or 2v2 comps based on the requests of the attendees.
    How: well... we're just going to do it... that's how.

We have a thread? Yup! https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/vengeance-your-pvp-headquarters.12625/

What happened to Sunday's first tournament? Well, the thing is... I like community and encouraging people to roam around... this includes my own community and I don't think it's wise to run two pvp tournaments at once on one of the slower days (based on previous P.A.R. experience). I cancelled the first one so we could send people to the bear tavern brawl and we can all enjoy a drunken unarmed smashed up time there ;) How often is it that the tavern owners encourage fighting??? who could pass that up?!

Edit: to be 100% clear that would mean if the welcome quest is done on Sunday at the time suggested then Vengeance would not be able to participate. We're going to be encouraging participation in The Bear Tavern brawl.

3. Duke Gréagóir

Duke Gréagóir Legend of the Hearth

Thank you guys. I agree with you that Saturday at noon will work out better. I am available then too.

Time Lord likes this.
  4. Winfield

I have set the Welcome Quest date and time to Saturday, July 26 at noon Central US Time, starting in entrance to Valemark. Alternatively, we could start at the entrance to Owl's Head and perhaps get more participation by grabbing people there. We could have a "role-played" person who has a quest, or a "problem for a group of adventurers".

I updated:
    So far, we have commitment from PaxLair and Celtic Holdfast. Will @Duke Violation in Vengeance also be part of this? We will need to reach @MulGirtab [BEAR] to see if they are going to be part of this too on Saturday.

I believe the more creative we are in making this fun, but not laborious, is great. We have a few days to plan this and get our linkages between towns worked out like we did in R7.

Lord British is still talking about the R7 Welcome Quest in his interviews:

"And so for example I was in on this last play session. There was a group -- two groups, two new towns were forming. One was the Celtic town -- I don't know if they're going to have a more formal name in the future, but they called themselves the Celtic town for this round -- and PaxLair, got together to run some quests. And what they did is they actually put player character quest-givers in each of these towns that demanded that you bring them things that you could find or make in the real world before you would get the clue to go on to someone else in this chain of real players they put together, and then they would require you to make or gather other things as they went around. And so you have this very long, very sophisticated quest, where, as we looked at it, we said wow, that was actually a lot of fun -- how hard would it be for us to give guilds the ability to craft objects that were truly unique to that guild? And so literally the only way to get that special quest item was to either be a member of that guild, or have visited, via a quest, that guild." -- July 18, 2014 - Richard "Lord British" Garriott takes us deep into the world of Shroud of the Avatar, by Gordon Cameron, Plugged In, Yahoo blogs.​

5. High Baron Asguard

High Baron Asguard Avatar

How would you ensure that the person you had to see was in the same shard as you?

I suppose you could use vendors for this

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Asclepius

Asclepius Avatar

The player town quest sounds wonderful. The only problem for me is the round world we live on - 12 midday for you guys is 1 am the next morning for me!
    Still, I don't have to get up & go to work the next day, so it might be possible. Be there if I can!!:)

7. Duke Gréagóir

What we learned from R7 is whomever is a the starting quest person, everyone else needs to zone to them then run back to their home(not zone home). We will test this theory in R8.

Time Lord, Winfield and Soleidad like this.
  8. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Yay! I see it's Saturday now so we'll likely be part of this quest now :)

9. Winfield

I added Vengeance as last on the Welcome Quest wiki page.

I am sending Private Conversation to Duke Greagoir and Duke Violation for specific activities and hand-offs between quest locations.

Hope this helps.

Time Lord and Duke Gréagóir like this.
  10. Duke Gréagóir

Welcome to the fun Duke Violation!

Time Lord likes this.
  11. Violation Clauth

Violation Clauth Avatar

Thanks! Glad to be able to offer another stop on this epic journey!

Time Lord likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.