Players - please spend a few minutes rating Steam reviews

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vladamir Begemot, Aug 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

I mean..
    I guess calling bs using something that can be fact checked in seconds is personal attack?

So did you do the adult thing and report those trolls and personal attacks? You know, to promote accurate and fair information on steam? Or.. are we just going to make up stories that dont actually provide anything productive?

Seriously. Even if there was 10 people solely focused on *trolling*. Literally a few reports bans them from steam reviews..
    So.. that whole... thing is just not true.

Acknowledge sotas shortcomings. Accept feedback. Stop makong excuses. And use said knowledge to fix and continue building a better game.
    False information gets everyone no where.

2. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Ill give him the benifit of the doubt and say * maybe sll the troll comments were removed due to being reported *.

But this is kind of an important distinction because that means those troll comments get removed by steam... and that its actually less biased review system then implied...
    :/

3. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

That's because people who don't want nasty comments on their reviews delete the troll comments. Then the trolls repost the same comment, in some cases daily, until the reviewer blocks them. At that point the troll can no longer comment on the review.

Numa likes this.
  4. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

Didnt say that or imply it. Looked about 3 weeks ago and am reporting what I saw. Where the comments deleted? That would be helpful of steam. If people want to respond to the trolls, then great. If not then whatever.

5. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

I don't think so, there is plenty of bile on the reviews. I think, and have personally done so, as well as had friends do so as well, the clean reviews got tired of having the dregs post on their steam page, and just blocked the repeat offenders.

Literally saw one person repost SAD every day for a week until it was finally blocked.

6. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

Incorrect. I reported all last month after starting this thread, and none of them stopped posting until being blocked by the reviewer.

7. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

If there is somewhere else you'd like us to post reviews or focus attention, let us know.

Vladamir Begemot likes this.
  8. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

While this is not pleasant, it basically nullified every bad review by setting a low expectation. Pretty clever, if it works.

9. MrBlight

MrBlight Avatar

Is it though? Thats massive turn off to people looking at buying early access games. A huuuge marketplace.
    Imo that description is awful. Especially being so close to release.

Ice Queen likes this.
  10. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

We hope too, as there's already some great one's submitted!

11. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

As much as we want to support your efforts here to turn around the Steam community, we cannot support asking anyone to rate a certain way. We appreciate every honest and sincere reveiew though, so please do rate how you wish.

Given that the Steam community growth is in flux right now, and there's going to be a lot of new content coming as we get to Launch, a lot of this discussion is going to be muted by then. To note, this particular "warning" statement won't be there at launch of course.

Steam is all around a sensitive area of our community right now, but don't let it discourage anyone from interacting there and posting positive guides, forum discussions, etc. We need you there! We love the Steam community just as much as we do for the Reddit community. It is not the community as a whole that's a concern.

I'm going to close this thread for now, so we can move on from concerns about Steam and focus on your feedback to get this game ready for Launch :).

MrBlight likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.