Playing music

Discussion in 'Feedback Archive' started by Chemeck, Apr 8, 2020.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chemeck

Chemeck Avatar

Hello. I wasnt sure where to post it, was going to use bugs reporting section at first, but when i logged in to get the report details the music magicaly started to work after 2 days. Also i dont really know where the bug is, for me the whole system is just broken and doesnt work as intented.

There is something wrong with playing music in this game. It works randomly. Sometimes i can't hear what i play, and other people can, sometimes it's otherwise, but the thing is, there is usually something wrong with playing music when i do it. When i prepared sheets of a song broken into 3 band roles (lead, background and drums), i wasn't able to hear the drummer, drummer wasn't able to hear background melody, few of listeners experienced same issues, few was able to hear everything. I know It's a common problem and every person i played music with/for experienced it at least once. Doesn't matter if it's song sheet or just .abc files. I can say it's more likely to experience problems with it, than to not. Like last 2 days i wasn't even able to hear myself, no relogging and rezoning helped, and today it works fine. Same file, same instrument, same game build. I'm really into music creation, when i figured out the music system you have i was really hyped, but its just bad when i play in 3 person band for few people, and each of them hears something else than rest.

Oh, and i just bought from crown shop aether vibration amplifier console to place in guild house. We all live in one inn building, we meet there a lot, sometimes just chilling and playing music, and i thought being able to play some radio in house for everybody would be cool. Now, that i discovered only i can see stations i added and only i can hear what i play, i consider that purchase a waste of cotos. Would be nice to inform player on the shop page, that radio decoration item that you can place in public place isn't really public. I assumed it is, since all the other music playing is hearable by others (or at least should be ;). It's related to topic and still feedback, so I just add it here instead of creating 2nd thread.

2. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi @Chemeck. I was concerned about the bard tree interfering with playing music and syncing songs. I am not saying that is what's happening but hopefully the devs watch out for this. I have experienced some times when players don't hear sound of delayed sound as you have mentioned. Some may have to do with someone in the group has a slower system and it lags behind. That could cause some things. It is frustrating I know and time consuming to make it work. I hope devs will look at the problems we have syncing and playing music. It is a wonderful experience this game offers.

Also I would love to show you the School of Rock. I have a rooftop music area set up to play and music trivia on the walls with sheet music scattered all around to hear. It is located in Wizards Rest behind Owlshead. I have bags of song parts all separated out for each person in the group to play.

4. Chemeck

Chemeck Avatar

Hey @majoria70 i doubt the slower system is at fault, since i test same sheets in same locations with same people and sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt :) Now i know its known issue and they're working on it, so all that's left for me is wait :)

Thank you for the invitation, i will gladly come see it when i log in to the game :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.