Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Please remove reagents from merchants

Discussion in 'Release 32 Feedback Forum' started by Birne Gilmore, Aug 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

You can buy arrows for 2 gold per 24 arrows.

2. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Right now they need to be on NPC vendors, since nobody is selling them in bulk yet.

As soon as all the harvesters/gatherers are up and running with GM's in their skill trees, we'll begin to see vendors "beating" the NPC's prices and then it'll be a moot point.

Till then, please don't take them off NPC vendors.

Tahru, Whyterose Flowers and Bow Vale like this.
  3. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

I disagree with the OP on this. Reagents are a fuel for mages to go out and adventure with. If you remove them from the NPCs, I have to either gather them myself (not feasible) or rely on other players' vendors (which gives me nightmares remembering how they bought out the NPCs in UO and gouged us for them). Now, the economy might make their cost balance, sure, but if I log in and want to go hunt and need reagents, I have to check my local vendors first. If they don't have them, I'll have to travel somewhere else and hope enough of the types I need are all in stock. Do I go to a place with well known vendors? Might be higher prices, good chance of inventory but will it be on one vendor or will I have to 'shop around' until I get what I need? Other than that, it's just going to the next nearest town and just hoping some random vendor there has them. Ok, how much time has passed... all I want to do is play my character right now... should I do this before I log next time? Pain now or pain later. This would push me towards single player offline. This regional economy is a double-edged sword for me right now.

mbomber and Whyterose Flowers like this.
  4. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Yes !!
    Magic already has a quite low consumption cost on many of them so its not like you need one per spell at all and this can always be adjusted depending.
    We have lots of land and growing spaces in the game, even basements at a big push, these areas can be utilised for it and basically be free money for the dedicated. prices would go up to an equilibrium over time but i can see all home owners with the ability to be producing something and making their vendor, any vendor, a stop off point for those wanting to buy.
    This could also be expanded with agriculture, some plants produce more, and their seeds would be worth more, breeding these till you have rare and budilicious plants would be a game in in itself and very profitable for the growers, who could be anybody.
    More resource points could be created in game or to give greater yields for the resource gatherers.
    This would be a big step for a true player run economy....It should have been in from the start, but better late than never.
    Yes please.....

Spinok likes this.
  5. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Unless they're sellingt for 4-6 gp each (which I doubt anyone would want to go through trouble to sell them at this price), we'll be hit with fast travel scrolls costing 10x more.

This is a bad idea.

mbomber, Snikorts, FrostII and 2 others like this.
  6. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

First: see post about farmville.
    Second:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

7. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Magic is magic...it should be expensive....The price would be what people are willing to pay, that's a market. Generally magic should be practised by the wise, who are obviously rich due to their superior intelligence :) Other players who may use a few spells and the like could quite easily grow their own id imagine, yield can be increased and consumption amounts changed to fit. Scrolls as well, which i personally haven't used once yet, could also be changed for the amounts used etc. Nothing is set in stone that what things cost now is how it will always be.
    We have lots garden space generally, public gardens, and even basements. I would imagine with a small time constraint, most would be self sufficient in their own farming to even be able to sell the extra. Dedicated growers and guilds could make it their business.
    I really think this is a great idea, and not just for reagents, but arrows, all repair kits, and even all items that are bought of crafting vendors should be made by players. it creates an economy and a reliant world on others. A real world.
    I cant imagine it would be to popular at present with people up in arms on costs for crafting extras/rent/repairs etc but i personally would welcome it.

8. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

Not everyone in the game will have a lot to grow things on, so it would definitely be unfair to them. Plus again, we have enough major timesinks in the game, I hope this never happens.

9. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

Don't worry, it most likely wont!
    I agree not everyone does have the space but many many do, and lots of it. For those that don't, public gardens and gathering resources for sale would be a profitable introduction to the world and a profession for them. It would also be an encouragement for ownership, and lots/pledges would be sought after and value held/grown.
    I use reagents a lot, well that said, i use magic a lot, not in fact many reagents. I don't think that it would be too much of a hardship if you didn't want to grow your own, to buy of any vendor who would most likely be well stocked. The cost would match demand, and would create an economy and a game for many who enjoy that type of game.

The poster above, mocking Farmville...Doesn't like, i have never played, but it is popular, very, there's obviously a market for that type of game. Lets have them here, we need new blood, and for the rest of us the purchasing of really wouldn't be to much different than it is now but would add to the game for many, and hopefully many new players.

Spinok likes this.
  10. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

I'd prefer if all consumables (reagents, craft fuels, etc) were available from NPCs on a limited basis, per player. If you use up the supply they can offer you, you either have to wait for them to restock or do something to help them (bring them new seeds, etc).

Pure mages, or crafters, who use these up faster, will need to gather their own or buy extras from other players. The price of specialization.

11. PrimeRib

PrimeRib Avatar

There are a lot of ways to push the economy. Give the NPC buy and sell price a range to simulate supply and demand. Perhaps at some point the the NPCs start sending you on quests to go gather Mandrake. There will always be some people people who would do anything for gold and others who couldn't be bothered. The game should facilitate the market.

Birne Gilmore likes this.
  12. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Not really mocking farmville....I mean I don't play it, but still. This is not farmville, nor should it be. And "most likely won't" does not sound too appealing when commenting on making a game changing.....change. And yes, it would be, for countless reasons already posted here.

mbomber and Baalice like this.
  13. Spinok

Spinok Avatar

Game will be really beautiful if there would be completely no NPC goods, all is craftable(even recipes), all gathering things could be balanced, make reagent plants 10x-15x more often in the world it would solve the problem, make exception growning reagents with lower chance to consume. Ideal player driven economy = zero npc vendors. :) Really when we will have 20-40k online (and I`m pretty sure that we will) we need only vendors who buy anything and they sell things which they bought.

Bow Vale likes this.
  14. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Wait until agriculture actually become fun to do before making people depending on it. Let's not stack up things that make game not fun.

Also right now the effectiveness of the spells with reg is hardly worth more than what we are paying right now. Especially with focus increase, less and less people will want to use tier 3+ spells. Adding more cost to the reg will add salt to the wound.

I have nothing against farmville. But if I want to play it, I would be on Facebook.

Last edited: Aug 10, 2016
  15. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Alright, so the first part of what you said, to me, is still just NO. The second part on the other hand, the vendor selling what he buys, now that is something I can get behind.

mbomber likes this.
  16. Bow Vale

Bow Vale Avatar

There's a reason EvE has been so successful and that's because it really is a player driven economy and players that create their own story and in game reality. The people we have in the game now, the backers, are generally all of a type, an age and a certain gaming mentality. Nothing bad, i love you all, and I'm one of them, but there's thousands, actually millions.... out there, you know the ones that aren't here now, that we have to attract. This type of market/economy is very attractive to many and it wouldn't really constrict anyone's gameplay here who didn't want to get involved, as it could all still be bought privately off vendors. Let them play their game and all who don't want can continue doing there's, while watching the price of their pledges/land rise, as then land would have another reason apart from housing to be sought after.

The beauty of changing to this economy is that there's hardly any development costs, just changing from a government supported model to a private one.
    AS you mention, there's always ways of making this change easier, more yield, less consumption, this/that, its all possible and actually quite easy. No major changes, we already have the means to implement it in game. We have agriculture already, we have vendors already, all that has to be done is to turn off NPC vendors, maybe slowly at first until the private market gets established then we have what can be advertised as a TRUE player run economy which would be attractive to many new players.

Birne Gilmore and Spinok like this.
  17. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I agree with you.

Players would supply other players based on demand for reagents.

18. Whyterose Flowers

Whyterose Flowers Avatar

Again, I hope this never happens.

mbomber likes this.
  19. agra

agra Avatar

Nope. Hope this never happens.

mbomber likes this.
  20. Kittik

Kittik Avatar

Yep, and it's not that hard. I have hundreds of each in my bank.

Birne Gilmore likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.