Poll: Adult rated towns/basements in SotA? [UNOFFICIAL]

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Prince Guni, Aug 3, 2014.

?

Adult rated basements / adult rated towns with nudity/sex/gore in SotA?

1. YES - I favor realism and availability of more role play options for those who like that stuff

81 vote(s)
    39.5%
  2. NO - I don't think a game like SotA should allow people to play that way

124 vote(s)
    60.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

:oops:

Vyse Arcadia, Tahru and Themo Lock like this.
  2. Veylen The AenigmA

Veylen The AenigmA Avatar

i was bringing up one legitimately and got harrassed as some kind of pervent when in reality its their insecurity and immaturity that prevents the discussion from being taken seriously.

everyone says its fine for some other game but not sota, WHY NOT, it has steal-able items on tables and realism to most every other degree. why not that one just because someone isnt as prude as the next guy.

3. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

No I think most people just don't want the immaturity that comes with that crap.

4. Veylen The AenigmA

you are just projecting things that obviously have no bearing on what will happen you are making blind assumptions.

all it takes is some maturity.

if you dont like it, just turn it off. its easily coded to make it a toggle.

dont project your own misconceptions onto other people.

dont see why americans are so prude its the reverse of europe they love nudity and hate violence.

so what is normal to you is disgusting to others so aside from your personal beleifs being just that, can any of you come up with a good reason to not have it other than just being prude and immature about it?

id say the one forcasting immaturity is the ones that are the most immature if they cant deal with a complete normal human condition.

how does it hurt your gameplay or you personally? especially if you can turn it off. there is none. you are born naked. only americans are so ashamed of themselves because they are told its "dirty".

5. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

It's bad enough irl having guys comment on you all the time, do not want that behaviour encouraged in a game as well.

Keep mmorpgs focused on anything other than trading sex. Thanks.

Gaelis, FanofIolo and steanne like this.
  6. Veylen The AenigmA

Then don't be naked and u won't get accosted. Or turn it off. That simple. And why do you think ppl are trading sex? It's quite naive to think that's all nudity amounts to. Games are art, and so are paintings. Both are justified to have nudity. All I've heard are baseless assumptions. All I see is a dirty mind polluting something that has been upheld throughout antiquity as completely benign unless some people insist on assigning their own dirty notions to everyone else

You know what I don't like reagents or the combat system but I don't demand they remove it to adhere to my desires.

If you have a problem with ingame nudity then you should want all erotic art destroyed. People will always find a way to troll no matter what so there's no reason to have such drastic kneejerk reactions

The ability to bypass it completely negates your argument

7. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

I don't walk down a street naked. Still get accosted. Your.logic.has.failed.us.

Gaelis and FanofIolo like this.
  8. Veylen The AenigmA

Well I'm sorry you can't deal with society. Just because it happens irl doesn't mean it translates ingame. Sticks and stones

9. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

Don't be glib.

Anyway, I'm sorry this won't be the sort of game you want to change it into, the artwork won't even work with full newdz.

I really don't want to continue chatting with you, please respect that and stop quoting me.

FanofIolo likes this.
  10. Keira OFaolain

Keira OFaolain Avatar

I personally would like to at least be able to choose the color of my bikini... mabe even be able to change the color now and then

lollie, Tahru and Moonshadow like this.
  11. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

adjusting the sliders during character creation sounds .... fun.

12. Veylen The AenigmA

Ok well if anyone has a problem with a feature they can completely bypass I'd like to hear the logic behind it. Apparently asking for such information in a discussion is a bit too much

Besides people are just dogging the concept before they even know how it would be implimented. I didn't know a boob was so offensive. Tribesmen on the savannah must be perpetually offended

13. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

Always ends here :cool: -

[​IMG]

Themo Lock and Moonshadow like this.
  14. Veylen The AenigmA

And men are always portrayed as muscle men with perfect physique. I'd sure like to make a fat avatar to be more realistic. It cuts both ways

Lord Baldrith and Moonshadow like this.
  15. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

The sliders on that character are crazy and out of proportion. Look at how small her nose is!

16. Xi_

Xi_ Avatar

I know, you should see my wizards triceps ......

Keira OFaolain likes this.
  17. Doctor

Doctor Avatar

The closest I've seen to sexual content was when I first entered the game and saw.... avatars force breeding reindeers. Darn those whistle blowers.

On a serious note (if it can get serious after that). SotA is such a community friendly game, it would be a shame for the rating to be raised to 18, thus prohibiting younger gamers from joining, expanding the community and diversity.
    Who says those interested in the more erotic genre couldn't just RP? Privacy? Whisper. Interested in group events? Party. Avoid the unwanted attention of course and preventing local avatars from being mentally scarred.
    I won't ask questions if I walk past a couple, one doing the chicken emote and the other cheering from behind.

Lord Baldrith, Gaelis, Tahru and 2 others like this.
  18. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

I agree If people want to role play a sexual environment that they make up, then they will still do it, but no game mechanics that I can see should go to this. It should be their own thing. lol I may have said this since this is an old thread. I didn't look
    back over it again.;)

19. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

Speaking of assumption, what make you think Lollie is an American? The unfortunate truth is that graphic nudity is more widely frowned upon than graphic violence, and from a legal viewpoint it would restrict the playerbase a bit. Personally i don't have issues with it but i fully understand why many would.

20. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

There's so many reasons why, I would have to go back to the start and re-explain society from a woman's perspective...we could be here a while.

Suffice to say when it ends with some guy always "rping" (if you can call it that) a whore when they dress up as a woman, then it all starts getting a bit grating.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.