Port... I was thinking ..........you might

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by blaquerogue, Jun 6, 2017.

?

Who thinks this is a good idea

1. yes

68 vote(s)
    84.0%
  2. No

13 vote(s)
    16.0%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

@dallas , @DarkStarr , @Chris, @Berek

I know you guys are trying to make as much money as possible, so I was thinking,,,, you should probably open a bundle payment plan! It would make you extra money and people like me could make payments until completion of bundle ... you would still get your money but it wouldn't be instant, maybe a couple months from now, so it would be like a savings account for you that would pull more money than you are now. People like me cannot afford such a large price for items in one lump sum, but I could afford it over a couple months. You would get more money in the long run! The financial status as you know here in America is bad, so a lot of people cannot afford a large price at once but could afford that same price over time!
    Just something to think about!

**Just an edited side note: You would not get your item until it is fully paid off! Once your payments are complete then the item becomes yours! Not before.

Last edited: Jun 7, 2017
  2. Stundorn

Stundorn Avatar

i´ll buy a Town bundle or even a PoT if i can fund it!

3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I totally would too :)

4. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

I am poking @Berek since month for payment plan options. So far nothing happened.

Stundorn, Time Lord, Grimbone and 2 others like this.
  5. Master Sith Lord

Master Sith Lord Avatar

+1 Not a bad idea, I have a few projects I'd like to fund :)

6. Jens_T

Jens_T Avatar

They actually had payment plans when you could buy pledges. From a CF management it's also good as it allows for a stable basis that can be planned.

Solazur, Stundorn, Time Lord and 3 others like this.
  7. Sentinel2

Sentinel2 Avatar

I like it. And as @Jens_T mentioned, it would be like the original pledges we had going just after the kickstarter. I thought that worked out well for me. It's how I was able to crawl up a bit from pledge level to pledge level. I wonder if this model would be an improvement. I don't know what Port saw before / after they expired the pledge program. Interesting idea...

Personally I've been saving my pennies for various bundle levels I have targeted. Then hit it once I've save enough. Would be interesting to hear their feedback.

8. Cypher Black

Cypher Black Avatar

Bring on the monthly payment plans! And where are our Pirate and Mage bundles!!!

Pitter Patter Port!

Cypher Black

9. Grimbone

Grimbone Avatar

Yes, bring back the monthly payment plans so we can upgrade!

10. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

There should also be POT lot upgrade options from city to castle without having to pay from scratch.

11. yarnevk

yarnevk Avatar

I paid with benefactor payment plan, so they had it and in response to the OP they should say why they withdrew the program.

I know in my case I upgraded my pledge about $5/mo to get a better housing bundle and qualify for Dev+ (due to the promise of Unity dev kits...) and I ended up getting double billed for both pledges and I did not realize it for six months. Despite firelotus attempt to fix it I finally gave in as I realized with both I would get to Knight Marshall in 18mo even though it was way more than I originally intended. Of course that was back when I still believed in the promises that this was a single player story with multiplayer component (like Divinity Original Sin) and not an MMO.

I suspect they dropped it because I was not the only one with billing issues that causes a support burden not worth the incremental income.

Time Lord and blaquerogue like this.
  12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes yes yes. I so agree. That's how I got to my pledge level. Payments for a year and a half and I am not sorry about it. ;) This is totally missing for incentive to buy. Please bring on payments for bundles too Portalarium.

13. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

I agree with the OP. Speaking of revenue: bring on voluntary subscription plans. This was discussed before and Chris said they had considered it. I can't remember the thread, but according to him, there would be different tiers of subscriptions that would give the buyers certain benefits: possibly x amount of cotos per month and the longer your subscription the more incentives there would be (i.e.: a unique 6 month subscription pet, a unique 12 month subscription starter weapon that can be made into a pattern, etc.)

Leighton Tod, Stundorn, Elay and 6 others like this.
  14. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I love it. I use to play Star Wars The Old Republic SWTOR sometimes in between some releases and I never subbed to this game because my heart was mostly here but there could be sub incentives that don't keep people from enjoying the game without them. That would mean not taking away anything we already have but finding new incentives like you said. I also thought some quests could give points toward coto rewards once you build them up. So much needed for reason to play ;) Rewards could be cool things like unique mounts but still offer these for cotos or add on store or all of the above ways so subbing would not keep anyone from anything but would be an alternate incentive. And we will get mounts and boating one day and especially if we make money for the game. :)

Time Lord, By Tor and blaquerogue like this.
  15. Parson Barr

Parson Barr Avatar

No need to reiterate the responses. I agree. I'll plunk down monthly money for a sub that gave me a lot deed based on my monthly spend and some COTOs. Or scrolls. All about the way it's priced.

16. 2112Starman

2112Starman Avatar

I think so too! It seemed to work great for pledging.

17. Verit

Verit Avatar

Yes & yes. Let us support this game in every way possible!

18. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Just out of curiosity, to the people that voted "no" (without starting a wildfire) whats the reasons behind it? Why not? What harm would come out of buying the same thing just a month or two from now? Its still money! port still gets money to improve this game and more people are now buying bundles???? I dont see what harm can come from that personally??? I would honestly love to hear one good reason why this is not a good idea??

Time Lord likes this.
  19. Vladamir Begemot

Vladamir Begemot Avatar

20. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

ok maybe there is a misunderstanding on a payment plan. You would not get the the bundle purchased unless is was paid in full. So you wouldn't get anything until its fully paid.

Solazur, majoria70 and Time Lord like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.