Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Post Post-Mortem about Exit To Menu going away

Discussion in 'Release 26 Feedback Forum' started by niteowl57, Feb 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Selene

Selene Avatar

I really hope for this, too! If they can't give custom entrances and exits before they remove /stuck and spawn on world map, then I also suggested teleporters like the one found in the wizard tower home.

Lord Baldrith and mike11 like this.
  2. niteowl57

niteowl57 Avatar

Exactly -- I'm old, not stupid....I had absolutely nothing on the compass (don't recall what scene I was in) and the exits do not appear until you've discovered them. 99.8% of the time, I'm playing solo and it's just me and what I can see. In this release, more times than I can count, when midnight comes, even with my light cast, I can't see squat. The effects are good I suppose--it makes me afraid to move. I hate to die, so without Exit To Menu, I wanted to point out that there will be valid reasons for some players to carry a means of exit; even IF the entrance is showing on the compass, the path is not always a straight line. Maybe there could be an option to Show All Exits...don't turn it on if you don't want to use it. It's not always a matter of planning and paying attention; I try, but I tend to get lost easily IRL, and naturally I get lost sometimes in the game too. I was reluctant to post about it, expecting some of the responses, but decided it was something that should at least be considered. And thanks for the /stuck reminder Kara Brae. I have used it when truly stuck but I forgot I could have used it to get back to the entrance! Of course, that will probably go away, too.

3. Phydra

Phydra Avatar

You would be far from alone in that flail campaign, but I have to admit, my flail campaign would be more like....

[​IMG]

Oops... did I flail?

Lord Baldrith and SeleneNoctua like this.
  4. Quenton

Quenton Avatar

SPOT ON! I can't believe this is even a thing, even with my reputation for telling people they don't need to use /zone and should walk instead.

If the problem is that you can't find your way out of a dark area, then the solution has something to do with fixing lighting so the game becomes playable, not with teleporting out!

Miracle Dragon and Fox Cunning like this.
  5. mike11

mike11 Avatar

UO style GUI buttons for enter and exits = done.
    In truthfulness, this game needs enhancements for player travel such as /zone /exit and start on world. Some obviously good for alpha state. I agree it would be wise to not make change of removing certain options to get out of instances.
    I think this is the real reason - they think people are exploiting the game by quickly 'escaping' from dungeons or caves. Yes in fact that is likely true, but there is also the bonus of using this to help with stuck issues.
    But, really it should regulated as a feature such that certain 'boss' type areas can be immune to to the effect?

6. Fox Cunning

Fox Cunning Localization Team

That is a good point, and you are right that it's not always a matter of planning. Sometimes the problem is in the scene design.
    How can you not get lost if every area, path, rock, tree and corner looks exactly the same?

Landmarks and terrain variety should help you find your bearings, not a cheat button.
    That would be just a lazy way around a design issue, kind of an excuse, like "yeah the map design is bad, but we don't need to make it better becase you can cheat your way out anway".
    They are constantly doing scene polishing, I hope at some point we won't get lost so easily anymore.

Also, Light and Night Vision spells should "work better" as you level them up. I see no point in leveling them up otherwise. I bet that's in the works.

Pretty good for solo play... but once you are in a group, if just one player is using it then everyone is, whether they want it or not.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.