POT Island Templates and POT Information

Discussion in 'Housing & Lots' started by Weins201, May 17, 2016.

?

Pick your Island First CHoice and the Tools you would lke to see added

1. Volcano

2. Swamp

3. Nort Pole

4. Steam Roller

5. Bucket Loader

6. Bull Dozer

7. Construction

8. Masons

9. Real Estate

10. Lumber Jacks

11. Farmers

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

POT owners we have an issues that needs to be addressed. Static / Dynamic.

Now A static town is a design you make with the developers and it is LOCKED, nothing can be changed by the Owner. This is the least desirable for the POT owner and the Developers. It limits the POT owner and makes the Developer dedicate some considerable time to create the one time use POT.

A Dynamic town is a template that a POT owner can work with and make changes. The developers want to give us tools to make adjustments to these template so we can change certain things on our own and when we want. Walls, Land, Water, Trees, Lots . . . . If a template is made with stuff in it you do not want (or need) it is time wasted.

There is now a push to have Central Square areas created with walls around them, Dev created. This IMO is a complete waste of time since walls can be placed by the player as is and no developer needs to be wasted to make these adjustment. This is just like the walls around the Duke/LotM lands that are not permeant for NPC/PRTs which a select few got hung over our heads. This practice needs to be stopped and only you the players can head it off. How by saying you do not want to be hand cuffed by desires of a few.

So along those line we as players also share a burden to come up with template designs we can agree on. I would love to see at least 5 basic templates for each core design.

I have adjusted the island template to give at least 3 different ideas thrown out and would love to see them all, but still want a priority out there. Again Walls around a central areas is not something that I fell needs any time wasted on players can do this on their own. So I will not make a design with them since one they are in the design it is harder to remove them, than add them.

Also I will go thru a list of "Tools" we as players could use to make minor adjustments to our towns once selected.

This is my first choice and basically turn the Island into a Volcano . .
    [​IMG]

Second is a Swamp . . .
    [​IMG]

Third is a "North Pole" idea . . .
    [​IMG]

Now remember these are "templates" and with the possible tools below we can make minor adjustments to ;
    Steam Roller - Makes Roads and Paths
    Bucket Loader - Raises / Lowers Hill (Mountain) tops
    Bulldozer - Makes / Fills in rivers / streams
    Construction Crew - Makes / destroys Docks and Buildings
    Masonry Crew - Makes / Destroys Walls and Statues
    Real Estate Broker - Move Lot Spaces and or resize them
    Lumber Jacks - . . . . . .
    Farmers -

Rember these are tools that adjust the land space and template to facilitate changes.

On and on

With simple Dynamic towns and the correct tools a POT owner can be very flexible, If some things are implemented that are a lazy mans way out they will hinder you design creativity.

Please Vote for your Island Choice and the tools oyu would like to see.

Of course you can always add you own ideas in the thread but remember WORK OF THE BASE TEMPLATE. Do not go crazy and create something that is so custom it would require a massive overhaul of a template. If you go that route it is a whole new design and I would add it as a wish on another thread.

I Know I am focused on Islands as that is my desire. If you want to create another thread for your Forest / mountain / etc designs I would encourage you to do so .

2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

Oh goodness.
    Where to start?
    I...ah...ehm...
    Forget it. I wrote something long and decided the discussion it would start is pointless.
    I will melt it down to: i don't agree with your opinion and I think it's a waste of time if they don't give us Dev tools to creat our PoTs. Which will never happen.
    Plus: when I bought the PoT there were no dynamic PoTs. So I actually bought a handmade PoT. The dynamic PoT is an option that came after most of us bought our PoTs.

Time Lord and Leelu like this.
  3. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

You can complain all you want but there ar going to be more templates created for each type before any, and I mean any, work is done on a static POT. And you will still have to pick a static POT to start your template from.

You can debate all you want with me on this, but it is not really a debate.

I am starting the ball rolling on designing templates by players and voted on not just forced down our throat like the Pax Lair one was.

You are NOT going to get dev tools to create your POT, you might get the tools to modify a dynamic POT. This is a fact, not speculation.

The tools that are listed are what is needed for Dynamic POTs so they can change certain aspects.

Again you can fight me all you want but in the end you are not fighting me you are fighting a system that IS going to be emplaced.

And once again I will state that if you chose a static POT, it will come in time. After a long time you will see the end result, But, if you go this route once the design is placed that is it, they are not, repeat not, going to make changes to accommodate any desires you have. Even if something new in presented and you decide it is something you want you will be out of luck.

So once again a Dynamic town allows for the best use of developer time if they get template design that players, and more than one player, agrees on the designs.

Time Lord, FrostII and Leelu like this.
  4. Net

Net Avatar

I want tropical themed volcanic island, with nice beaches, some big (more than Castle) flat secondary island and some smaller islands around...waterfall or high mountain would be nice too:)

Time Lord, Miracle Dragon and FrostII like this.
  5. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Ah ok I need more idea ill have on up in a few thanks I was brain Dead :)

6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

I have no intention or desire to fight you.
    I just doubt this will turn out the way you imagine.
    Let's make a deal.
    You go dynamic, i go static. When everything is done we will come back to this post.

Time Lord likes this.
  7. Leelu

Leelu Avatar

What ? No Pixie world. Sorry none of them above appeal to me. Great thought process though. Commendable sketches and train of thought.

8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

For Net??

I cannot edit the pool but if this what you want let us know :)[​IMG]

Last edited: May 17, 2016
    Time Lord, Net and FrostII like this.
  9. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Humm Pixie World Island like Never Never Land? :)

10. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Look all I am trying to tell you is information I have from the development team, I wish you luck in your Static Design, I to wanted some things changed but I am not willing to be locked into one design and no ability to move decorations around the island or change themes for holidays and stuff. Once it is placed in static form that is the end of customization.

I am not trying to argue with you, I am telling you straight up facts, if you accept them or not is up to you.

We are not going to get tools to design our own Static Towns, yes you will get a "meeting" at some time with a developer to create the design you want (working of a template) but again, and they will surly do the same, warn you the decision is final.

Again good luck.

Time Lord, Womby, Leelu and 1 other person like this.
  11. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Well, if you are right that would be great for all of us.
    Can you point me to where I find those informations beside the tree and Grass mower and the snap to lot option that is common knowledge?

12. redfish

redfish Avatar

I would want an island with a more Mediterranean shrub biome, like you see in Italy, Croatia, etc, with cypress, olive, phoenician juniper, etc. I was going to do a separate post about this eventually, and I think I still will. But one of the inspirations for Owl's Rest is Sveti Stefan Island off of Montenegro.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Time Lord, Miracle Dragon and Leelu like this.
  13. redfish

redfish Avatar

@Weins201, so is the lake inside the volcano's caldera?

14. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

general idea yeah :)

Time Lord likes this.
  15. DancingShade

DancingShade Avatar

An island volcano template might push me over the edge to buy a PoT of my own... goodness knows I've thought about it a lot.

Time Lord likes this.
  16. redfish

redfish Avatar

Would be cool if there were some hot springs near volcanoes regardless of this particular design ;)

Time Lord likes this.
  17. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Humm Yeah thanks for giving me more to do I would will actually look to add them if / when I get a template approved to be sworked on.

Time Lord likes this.
  18. Proteus Tempest

Proteus Tempest Avatar

Commendable action by Weins201 talking to the Devs and starting this thread.

Since the beginning I have been preaching customizing tools for the POT owners. In my opinion this is the only way to go to relieve the Devs of the burden of fulfilling requests for Static towns and to give us the customization tools for Dynamic towns. It would just take the POT owner's dedication to sit and design what they want or for those that did not want to design their own they can still choose Dev made templates.

I would still like the chance to design my own template and add assets as I see fit. I have already performed this task once designing my first submission hoping it would be used as a template but I think, that is not going to happen. I can live with this but I think we need as many customization tools as possible to make a unique POT.

The list of tools that Weins201 has listed are a good start for a list of tools but there could be more.

19. Drocis the Devious

Drocis the Devious Avatar

I like the work you've done weins, but none of those fit what I need for my POT.

Time Lord and Miracle Dragon like this.
  20. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Yeah I know you want a walled central area and want the devs to place the walls for you :-( sorry but that is a waste of development time since the area is already flat and the clearing tool can clean it even more and the walls can be placed by you, sorry we don't agree on it but . . .

I am not trying to make a one time use area but something at least a few players want, all you need to do is change the water in the middle of the swamp one to plain swamp and you have a larger enough area.

Time Lord and Miracle Dragon like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.