PoT's and perception of over power.

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by rune_74, Sep 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I avoid most PVP ones now too;) Kills the blood pressure.

cartodude likes this.
  2. Earl Atogrim von Draken

Earl Atogrim von Draken Avatar

@rune_74
    Ok what about that:
    - first ban 1 hour, no report.
    - if the same player is banned again during the next 24 (48?) hours the ban is 7 days with a mandatory report.

And at the moment the lots are worth nothing. Remember: All deeds in pledges plus all deeds sold plus 30% in npc city's at release.
    I will have to offer a lot of stuff to attract people to my pot.

Womby, Melissa, mbomber and 1 other person like this.
  3. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

Yes and no... they have 'potential' worth... so here's my contradiction...:D I may have spent a small fortune for my pledge and town but I can't grasp paying real (or even in game) money to a POT owner to live in their town when there are plenty of lots in NPC towns.(?) So I don't see how they will be able to fill their towns with people paying cash? They can't offer any services that any other NPC town or free POT can offer... we are all limited by a set of game constructs.

Womby and mbomber like this.
  4. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

That's not actually a bad idea....what if the second ban is 24 hours and Port(or their chosen representative) has to look into it?

Womby, Atogrim and cartodude like this.
  5. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Potential is the key here....we have to be thinking that we will be hugely successful and that lots will come out for people to buy/loto win....we can't prepare for not succeeding or you have already lost.

6. Earl Atogrim von Draken

I just doubt Portalarium will have the manpower for this. But if they have it would be ok to me.
    The point is that you only should be able to ban people if they violated the CoC. And then it's anyway portalariums job to deal with them.
    All i want is the ability to keep them out of the town and away from my citizens until Portalarium dealt with the issue.

mbomber, Womby and Melissa like this.
  7. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

agreed.... but again Port has made it clear that you never have to live in a POT... they will make sure there are enough NPC/PRT lots for anyone with a deed. That's why I think it's only potential value... I actually don't think people can make a go at it. But then I don't understand the desire to spend real money to live in somebody else's POT. (anyone out there want to enlighten me? what is the attraction? seriously, I'm curious.)

Womby, Melissa and mbomber like this.
  8. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

I'd like to have a bulletin board at the town entrance with the rules of the town clearly posted.

mbomber and Womby like this.
  9. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

See this makes sense...

now, how would they handle people who abuse this? I am of the belief that it should be a clear abuse that causes a ban, being annoying isn't an abuse that would get you banned from the game, but I could see where it could get you banned from a town....give Port the power to make things like that longer/decide on the type of ban.

You are right, but isn't it the hope to make the PoT's the attractable choice? Protection for the player and the PoT owner is key.

10. Earl Atogrim von Draken

We all would like bulletin boards for multiple reasons ^^

Sure, if Port can handel it.

mbomber and Melissa like this.
  11. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Portalarium Have said there will always be enough Lots so no one is ever forced to live in a POT. ?
    So after game release once all the NPC plots are full no more Land deeds will be available, If they do release some more for sale possibly 100 at a time to fill a new NPC PRT they will have to create.
    Leaving 230+ POT's possibly empty forever, because no one is going to up and move from an NPC town with a guarantee of never being evicted or banned from the Town.
    So what exactly is the Point of POT's apart from dragging in some large donations.

And if every time they release Land Deeds a new NPC Town is created, how many NPC, PRT and POT's can the map support if it seems overcrowded now with all the extra PoT's

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    Xandra7, cartodude and rune_74 like this.
  12. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

So here's the bad thing about lots, deeds, and POT's... something is going to be a ghost town. If you have 1000 deeds, 1300 NPC lots, and 1000 POT lots... only 1000 lots will be filed between the 2300 total lots available. In a lot of ways I'd rather see the POT's be ghost towns than the NPC ones. The NPC one's are the ones the new players will see and be judged by initially. if they are all vacant because everyone lives in a POT it's going to look pretty bad. I honestly would have limited the POT's to a much smaller size (ie fewer lots.) to prevent this. I'd love to see far more active NPC towns than POT's.

mbomber and wagram like this.
  13. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Agreed for the most part, also why I see a lot more Lots being handed out to fill those up. We want PoT's to look good and be full as well...as it looks ridiculous otherwise.

They are in game now, so they need to be successful. I'm hoping that this thread more then anything allows them to be viable to every player. This is actually a good thing for the PoT owner and the player.

14. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

This varies from owner to owner. I can only speak for myself... I just liked the idea of someplace my friends and family could live together and use as a base of operations. I only increased the size from holdfast to crossroads village for the extra NPC buildings to give it a bit more flavor for us. I think they could have limited the size to prevent ghost NPC towns but it's too late for that now.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2015
    mbomber and Lord Baldrith like this.
  15. mdsota152

mdsota152 Avatar

This depends on the POT's goal... I still want mine to look like a little keep tucked away in a forest with a few surrounding shops and homes. I doubt I will ever use up all the available land space and that's great... I want it to look that way. So to some it may look like a ghost town... but that's the feeling I (and my friends) want.

mbomber, Lord Baldrith and Womby like this.
  16. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I can see that as well....no issues here.

17. Beaumaris

Beaumaris Avatar

One theory is that the person gets the upside experience of living in a POT, with its events and all, without having the downside experience of dealing with the drama that seemingly is going to come from a POT owner when they ban someone.

Melissa and mbomber like this.
  18. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

I think if you are allowed to increase your Town size you should have been given the choice between extra Player Lots or NPC buildings in your Town.
    A POT for someone that's for Family & friends its OK with me. I am sure most of the smaller Pot's are similar to yours.
    You should not need to use the Eviction & ban rules. Mind you friends & family can be tough environments.

cartodude likes this.
  19. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

nothing is stopping anyone from banning in that situation either though.

cartodude likes this.
  20. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

No one is saying you and many other POT owners have an hidden agenda, I expect many have not even participated in any discussions with the DEV's on any part of the creation of POT's and just saw them in the add on shop.
    None of my posts are directed at any single player. I expect most that just thought it looked a good idea do not pay a lot of attention to the forums, so we will never know there view on POT rules.

rune_74 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.