Prob been brought up before but a Pure Crafter is Impossible :-(

Discussion in 'Crafting & Gathering' started by Weins201, Feb 2, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Don't forget you can spend gold to expand your bank capacity.

2. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

I think there will be some player initiatives and likely guilds with personal storage when permissions come in. But don't forget the banks can be expanded as well. It would be useful probably if someone tried the solo crafting experience. I mean some leveling will probably be required and adventuring but then shifting to gathering and crafting to see how much storage one needs.

If 100 logs take up 100 slots then a bank won't work :p I've never tried to put logs in the bank though.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  3. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

Not a bad idea and I don't mind the buying of more bank space (it's fairly cheap) to get Portalarium a bit more revenue.

I'll be trying to use my gigantic basements to help out some other players however I'm not sure if a "landlord" is able to access the renter's stuff or just "evict" them because both of these things might give players pause regarding renting space with another player... I'm guessing anyone who wants to rent will just have to trust/know the other player.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  4. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

Not sure what the max stack size is but I've had way over 100 logs in one slot.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  5. Sara Dreygon

Sara Dreygon Avatar

I had 17000 scrap and it still stacked... not sure there is a max stack.

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  6. Astrobia

Astrobia Avatar

I'm sure there is probably an integer limit. :p

7. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@Weins201
    Guess what I found in the Build 374 patch notes?
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?page_id=32989

Mitch [MGT], KuBaTRiZeS and cartodude like this.
  8. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

Here is my biggest problem with this- I went out and harvested some to get a least a few Exp points to make sure I was not negative, I go back and smelt, I ahev everything locked but I don't even get 1 exp point even after smelting ALOT of ingots.

Crafting anything should result in some exp gain no matter what, even if it is one point. That way I could at least lock everything and get some exp out of it.

True at some point gains should be lesser BUT should always get at least 1 point :-(

KuBaTRiZeS and HoustonDragon like this.
  9. HoustonDragon

HoustonDragon Avatar

Even if crafting was at a slower rate than farming mobs, I agree, there should be something gained out of it. :D

KuBaTRiZeS likes this.
  10. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i'm of the opinion that it shouldn't matter what you are doing, SOMETHING should be gained from EVERYTHING you do. even if it is a negative effect in an opposite affect.

Ice Queen likes this.
  11. LordEnglish

LordEnglish Avatar

The pure crafter from your scenario could presumably gather while the guild/friends are farming mobs on the same map and avoid the need to level up any combat skills. It's not ideal, but having your guild/friends guard you does make sense and definitely adds to the social side of things. I've had to do this in other games where I wanted to gather in dangerous areas.

I do like the idea of the town npcs having a daily crafting quest that varies - presumably the guards weapons and armor also suffer from damage as they use them - replacements & repairs would be commonplace. That could give a good chunk of producer XP, should certainly help with people maintaining GMed skills.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.