PvP centric resources

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Père Fouettard, Aug 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

Though I readily confess that I will digress FROM anything TO anything, and am guilty of digressing in this thread with Silent Strider, I don't see Mordecai or Owain posting anywhere that influenced the convo, certainly not in getting it back on track. You should have credited Kraa, Predicon, AuroraWR, and Postulio.

2. Owain

Owain Avatar

Every post I make, I try to stick to the topic. ;)

3. AuroraWR

AuroraWR Avatar

Back to PvP Centric Resources -
    I've been trying to think of what sort of things might be PvP only that would make good resources or rewards for an area. Do the "resources" have to be items? (This is NOT fleshed out, so it needs some tweaking..) What if there was a wandering mage/wizard who only visited X PvP area. If you were around when he came through you could have a chance of having him put a small buff, onetime buff on one of your weapons/armor. Or maybe they can change the appearance based off of your PvP stats for prestige. I dunno, I'm sure there are PvPers who are better able to brainstorm what would interest them than I.

4. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

Resources that are only available in pvp areas should be resources that are only required for pvp objectives and activities. If a resource is needed in a pve recipe then it should be available in pve areas, as many players never go to pvp areas because they don't enjoy pvp. There should never be any cheesy bribery to try to force pve players into pvp areas just to get a resource they require for a pve recipe.

5. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

Mostly what I've seen the dev team suggesting is MORE resources in PvP areas, or easier to get to piles.

6. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

I get that devs want to create reasons for people to fight, but it's almost like they punish people who aren't into fighting other humans (as opposed to npcs) by making resources more rare in pve areas.

It's almost weird that people (devs) actually want to make a world that otherwise could be anything at all, and then go make it a copy of the sucky one we already have, where things are hard to get and people have to beat each other up to get their hands on anything good o_O

/thread diversion and philosophical musing ended. As you were.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.