PVP defaults and other questions answered ? (Dev) Replied

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Baron Elvish Dragon, Apr 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MalakBrightpalm

MalakBrightpalm Avatar

So, technically, it DOES drink the water, AND sweats it out, using it to run it's very simple heat engine, whereas WE drink the water, use it to run our chemical engine, then sweat it out to help modulate our chemical engine, and run a heat engine on the side. I never would have expected it to be so complex.

Thank you Jambot.

Time Lord likes this.
  2. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

you all are rocket scientists! :)

3. Grayhawk

Grayhawk Avatar

Chris has promised (during Kickstarter if I remember right) that we will get it as a deco in game :).

blaquerogue likes this.
  4. Wodin

Wodin Avatar

I am curious if these rarer resources are only available in online play or if they are transferable from single/friends only mode to online play.

5. Silent Strider

Silent Strider Avatar

SPO (Single Play Online) and FPO (Friends Play Online) are both online modes...

Time Lord likes this.
  6. Wodin

Wodin Avatar

So we could gather rarer resources in total safety, and use those goods in open play? Interesting.

7. vjek

vjek Avatar

There's never been any indication rare resources would be unguarded. So, no, total safety seems unlikely.

MalakBrightpalm likes this.
  8. Owain

Owain Avatar

There is no indication that rare resources are guarded, either. They might just be rare and hard to find.

Time Lord likes this.
  9. vjek

vjek Avatar

From here.

GD: Brenton would like to know " If my friend chops down all the trees, does that limit my resources? "

RG: If you're both on the same map instance, at the same time, then yes. If one of you kills a cow, and harvests its meat, then that particular cow does not exist anymore on that map for this particular period of time. But fear not, I don't anticipate that this will be a problem as people will explore these maps.

CS: Yeah, there shouldn't be any shortage in that sense. The more rare trees will either.. the lower end trees we'll be just kind of guarding with "You can't collect too many of them because it's actually time consuming to walk from tree to tree and chop it down and that'll be the gating factor. As you get into the more rare trees, it will be hard to find and/or guarded by whatever creatures live around it. We will balance that all out for you. But no, you won't have to fight your friend probably for trees, you may want them to help you fight for the good stuff, but .. or spread out and search together.

There's also been other videos where they've mentioned rare resources being guarded, but they haven't been transcribed, yet.

MalakBrightpalm likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.