PVP - The solution is in front of us

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Antrax Artek, Dec 4, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Restless

Restless Avatar

@Boris Mondragon I am encourage that event communication faults have been identified. Not that they happened but rather so we can see what might help in the future. I was present at the NH, Dragomir 2 and Luna events. I had fun at all three of these but the last was different.

@Antrax Artek and @Dhanas taught me not just to pvp but also pve. They are really good teachers and every time I see someone new around they offer to help them with pvp. I do not think there is a lack of teaching offers but commitment, such as yourself for the reasons you have mentioned. I think these reasons would probably resonate with a lot of others. This is great, you know what you want out of SOTA and that's where you are. The reasoning for pvp incentive to be as strong as pve is to bring it new players while keeping the older ones happy.

I will digress from the skill limit / uplift discussion since now both opinions are there but I do want acknowledge yours.

Dhanas and Boris Mondragon like this.
  2. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Nah Elrond wouldnt do that . But i can totally see someone buying that super weapon from my vendor to dupe it . :)

3. FrostII

FrostII Bug Hunter

Again ? o_O

Last edited: Dec 9, 2019
  4. Sulaene Moon

Sulaene Moon Avatar

Lol

kaeshiva and FrostII like this.
  5. SmokerKGB

SmokerKGB Avatar

I understand Elrond, but don't say "you don't belong in this thread" because I'm only voicing my concerns for a better game... I don't want to see the devs doing the same mistakes as in UO because it didn't work out then, so why do the same thing again... IMO, they already have a problem with Gold and an inflated economy...

I'm against having "special" ores in PvP zones, but pumping up yields and lowering odds of getting additional ore types (Tin, Tungsten, etc), plus increasing the # of nodes may be easier to do... And they could have specialty zone where ore is a specialty or reagents are abundant or wild cotton grows everywhere...

I'm not against the idea of only gathered items drop on death as lootable, but I don't think the PvPers want my ore, but of course if I had gathered 100 tin ore, maybe they would change their minds... And if they ever give me a pack animal, I don't want it to be slaughtered...

Things I would want to enter a PvP zone:
    -abundant resources... They could work it this way, based on the # of players PvPing or just gathering, the more PvPers the more nodes appear and the faster they respawn and the more abundantly they produce... If there are only players gathering, then the nodes are sparse and respawn slowly and yield very little (as normal)... I'm sure there is exploits in here, but aren't there always...
    -no critters to distract me, only other players...
    -change the Oracle protection... I understand I would need to be auto flagged for PvP, but I don't want to be ganked the moment I arrive or after I rez, so if the Oracles protection were to wear off over 60 sec then I believe I could have a chance to enter/rez, then run for my life if the zone is controller by PvPers, which I would expect if its popular...Even I like a good cat/mouse game to see if I can escape...
    -give me places to hide in the terrain... Under tree branches, in the shadows, under a rock, sure I can build up the skill too if I want to hide in plain sight, but the terrain should offer cover too... If I'm using the skill let it be more camouflage than what it is now, let me blend into the tall grasses...

OK, I know you wouldn't do that and you're right someone else will do that, so I admit, it was a bad idea...

6. Elrond

Elrond Avatar

Sorry ... that was indeed harsh ....next artifact you wanna enchant is on me ( send me a pm ingame ) .. peace :)

7. Gageman

Gageman Avatar

Or, I run into the zone with 10K silver ore, get killed and looted by a buddy, now we have 20K silver ore...

Anpu, SmokerKGB and Violet Ronso like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.