PvP town and Banning Permissions, Does it cross the line?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Sold and gone, Sep 20, 2015.

?

Do you like pvp towns to have banning permissions?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I do not care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Well maybe if you 1) bought more POTs and 2) accepted the obvious wisdom of discretionary bans, you would be in the inner sanctum.;)

In the inner sanctum, we have free ice-cold draft beer. All you want. Come to the dark side.

Atogrim likes this.
  2. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    there is. So its limited privet property. I would hope that if this trend continues and we have ban powers that I can ban whole guilds from my town. (sarcastic)

3. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Ya, I guess 16k is not enough to spend on a game.....

4. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Budner

Just for info, on New Britannia, where is your PvP POT my friend ? Can you give me the name too plz.

Thanks !

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  5. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

I don't have a POT, sadly. But I will be invading other people's POTs and harassing people in hopes of being banned! And when they ban me, I'll shake my fist and cry, "You have the RIGHT to do this!"

Kara Brae and Lord Baldrith like this.
  6. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I want to make a brothel and ban you! :p

Spoon and Budner like this.
  7. Abydos

Abydos Avatar

Of course, in PvE POTs.

Kara Brae and Ravicus Domdred like this.
  8. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

It's impossible to break the core set of rules. It's not impossible to add more rules to the core.

Premise: Should players be able to create a community that live within an extended set of rules.
    Question: Should POT owners be able to enforce those rules for their community.

Rational: The purchase of a POT is to build a community of like minded players.

Else: POT ownership is nothing more than a land lord.

9. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

At this juncture I am worried that several of us are not getting enough sun ......

I have had enough POT for one day ...... and probably for the whole year. What a great spirited discussion. Too bad POT owners will be able to ban and the naysayers can suck it!

10. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Black and white, PvP or not PvP, no possible way for people to want different levels of PvP.

Shardfall, arena, battleground, open PvP, all different level of PvP. No reason POT PvP can not be dictated by the POT owner. Now only if they could code in ever option of PvP so the POT owners didn't have to ask people nicely to play by the POT standards or leave. Then hope they do.

Last edited: Sep 22, 2015
    Alley Oop likes this.
  11. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

this is the perfect reason to not have bans.

Roper Docholiday and Pluvius like this.
  12. smack

smack Avatar

Once a POT gets in-game walls/gates the defines its physical boundaries, then we can agree a POT is just a big house. Until then, it is exploiting the invisible walls of scene instancing. Imagine if there were no scene/instances and it was full open world? How would POTs "ban" people? They can't -- unless it really was like a big house with physical town walls and gates. That's what POT owners should be screaming for.

13. sake888

sake888 Avatar

See, this is the most baffling sentiment or stance on the subject I've seen so far. You quoted my previous post in your reply, so I know you read it, yet you somehow think there is or should be wiggle room within the posted definition of OWN. If you can't exercise power over something you own, by definition, you don't actually own it. The power to ban was given by the devs, I doubt it was a whimsical add on, but one to grant power and OWNership and protect the OWNer.

With all that said, I feel that much of this threads momentum is being carried by unsubstantiated fear and anxiety over the belief that tons of players will be banned for no reason in all these POTs just because it's an option. I can't see that. A POT will get a bad reputation after awhile if that's the case and people who care will decide to go elsewhere. That is the way the community will police itself.

Hell, create a consortium of POT owners who pledge NO BANS ever. Post that list of towns here and wallah, those will be the hot spots. The places that ban will be ghost towns. Or will they...? A POT owner could even have some sort of ban board posted at the entrance. If you read the list and disagree with the names on it, the exit is right behind you. Of course if someone wants to reserve the right to be a total **** when visiting someones town with immunity, I can certainly see why they would not be in favor of bans.

Just wondering, has anyone in this thread been banned anywhere?

14. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

This goes off into a huge paradox. Why is it we can not access the multitude of instances of 1 scene?

Make a ban hide the POT from that player and the scene reverts back to it's non POT state and now it's on par with all the other scenes. You go into 1 instance of the scene that is POTless.

wagram likes this.
  15. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I am not sure where you comming from but the game has not even been launched yet
    from what I read, its not even remotely what you responded to. She is saying if there is special rules they should be stated before hand. Pretty simple.

16. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I definitely made the right decision when I traded in my POTs. I am at complete peace, I guess it was just not right for me. :)

17. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Where on the sight does it say this...i will help you out not on the store page.

18. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

I'd guess since there is no explicit limitation on the usage of bans then there is an implied open usage.

19. sake888

sake888 Avatar

Post #240
    Why wouldn't everyone 'be subject to the rules you set'?

20. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I can honestly say i have never been threadbanned by a player before.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.