PvP town and Banning Permissions, Does it cross the line?

Discussion in 'Player Owned Towns' started by Sold and gone, Sep 20, 2015.

?

Do you like pvp towns to have banning permissions?

1. Yes

2. No

3. I do not care

Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I think he is just suggesting to see what people outside of these forums are looking at. There are people waiting to buy the game if they see what they like.

2. Browncoat Jayson

Browncoat Jayson Legend of the Hearth

Nowhere did I advocate allowing "a bunch of towns with players blocked from them". Nor do I want to hang out and not get attacked. If I'm in a PVP zone I expect to be able to PVP. What I said was there needs to be functionality in the game for dealing with toxic players in POTs otherwise there is no reason anything other than combat will ever happen in a Open PVP POT. If that's what you want, fine; it means you might as well give me the option to hide PVP towns on the map because I will never go there. There is no benefit, and I can do my PVPing at the Shardfalls.

Thanks for proving my point. Do what you want with your towns, and I won't miss their existence. I certainly can't tell any of my friends that are interested in PVP that this game is for them, because the PVP community here can't debate without crap like this.

As I said, I was interested in making this game the best for everyone interested. It's not worth the hassle to deal with people like this. So you win, I'm out.

3. smack

smack Avatar

That's my understanding too, but perhaps some POT owners feel it should be permanent or interpret what they've been given as permanent?

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  4. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Well, In my opinion if star has said this and seen all the threads about it...shouldn't he have said something?

5. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I have searched and looked for any talk about this. I cannot find anything other than what was said in the other thread. Some one said that PvP towns did have ban powers now. If some one has the link to the discussion I would be grateful.

6. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

It shouldn't matter if the town is PVP or PVE....the ban options should be the same....and if they have anything they should be severely limited. If they want to be part of the online game they should expect people they may not like in their PoT.

7. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I do understand you. I might debate you on the PvE town side of it but this thread is the PvP side of the bans. I do not want to go into the other side of the topic currently. I hope you understand. If you want to debate the pve side I will, but not in this thread.

8. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

Nah I'm good...can't do that anymore since a certain Baron got my thread locked.

9. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Thank you. I will gladly debate you on a new thread though. I try to be friendly and to the point. :) You and smack have actually swayed my opinion more in some ways than I expected because I only can see my side. I thank you for bringing another point of view into it.

10. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

OK so then you wouldn't mind if people could come into your house and PK you, or dance naked, curse, harass you, or whatever? Or maybe 100 people could occupy your house so you couldn't move or craft or whatever? Oh you wouldn't like that? I mean, you're ONLINE, so private property is out the window, right?

Oh but a house isn't a POT? Oh really?

To me, a POT is just a big house. It's a piece of private property. People paid for it, and they can do what they want with it.

Lord Baldrith likes this.
  11. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

If its Private property then why do they let everyone access it? You need to post keep out and set some guidelines. You are a bad steward of the land if you do not post your rules!

Ristra and Abydos like this.
  12. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Does banning a Player ban that Character or is it an Account ban on all characters.

13. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Rules are posted as SotA rules. POT owners can ban anyone, for any reason. Posted!

14. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Not sure. I would have it ban all characters on the account, otherwise dude can just log in with his alt and rinse, lather, repeat the same old mischief he was banned for in the first place.

15. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

not necessarily, as Rista pointed out above. Every pot will have different rules. So if you are pvp and we go in there who can we and who can we not kill? You need to set the terms in advance before you ban us.

16. Satan Himself

Satan Himself Avatar

Ravicus, it's a universal rule: POT owners can ban anyone, for any reason. You don't need to post it. Everyone will know.

17. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Not sure either, this has been done without the community input. I have tried to find any thread on the subject but apparently some people are more privileged than others on the info.

18. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

If 20 come in your POT you can only ban 10 of them, so will the 10 banned doing the same thing as the 10 not banned have a case to complain to Portalarium on discriminatory banning.

Budner likes this.
  19. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

20. Wagram

Wagram Avatar

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.