PvP Zones : The richest 1% get richer?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Innessa Lelania, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

PVP requires a PLAYER. There is no PVP in Skyrim etc.

People who don't like PVP hate it not because they are scared, but because other people can be so annoying. Many people simply do not want another player getting up in their face without consent - simple as that.

Again - there needs to be equal risk-reward areas, so there is one for PVE and one for PVP, and there should NEVER be any luring of the PVE player into PVP zones. Especially not the weakest of the PVE players - the crafters.

saesa likes this.
  2. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

I think this kind of puts down PvE players, it almost suggests they are weak willed and need their hands holding all the time because they don't really understand what risks are involved in going to certain areas.

3. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

That's the plan, there will be areas that provide spawns for the same resources. Abundance is the difference.

Isaiah [MGT] and ThurisazSheol like this.
  4. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I agree 100% with the premise. But I caution that not all people see it this way. I found myself talking like a broken record to would-be crafters that want mats for free, that gathering and crafting are separate; hence, gathering should be challenging. I get that some crofters are coming from games like creative-mode Minecraft which definitely has its place, but that is not suitable game play for an MMO.

ThurisazSheol and blaquerogue like this.
  5. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

They could do all sorts of things to make challenging PVE areas, they could make gathering tricky and add in QTE (Quick Time Events) so not only was it challenging to mine, but it also thwarted bots.

saesa, ThurisazSheol and Tahru like this.
  6. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Okay lets all backup to this post. Lollie did you seriously say this or are you joking.

Clearly this is not debating. It is a statement of you are with me or against me.

This sounds like something Putin would say. Seriously.

blaquerogue and Kaisa like this.
  7. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

Wait - are you seriously saying that giving PVE players equal rewards to PVP means the end of PVP? You people need something to lord over us to feel good about your playstyle or something?

8. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

Right so now you are the victims.

Nope sorry you can PVP as much as you like, you just need to find other PVPers.

Go make a zone where you can permadeath each other and eat each other's babies - I don't care.

Now also give PVE players a risk-reward area we want to play in. With equal rewards as for PVP - this is what is known as fairness.

What's more this means you actually own 100% of the game, while we own 50% or w/e - how does that make you guys the "hard done by" ones in your estimation? Frankly your argument is ridiculous.

saesa likes this.
  9. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

I thought I can PvP in any scene, I can PvE in any scene,
    I can not Gather in any scene (Town scenes have no gathers)
    I can not craft in any scene (No tables in the woods)
    where is it not fair?

The risk in a PvP area is a monster may spawn, sneak or run up to you & attack you, can be different every time or the monster may spawn & look at you & leave you alone or no monster spawn at all during your stay. The monster is called Isaiah [MGT] or E n v y or a host of other names.

What I would like & may get me into a pvp scene is random entry spawn location. There are usually multiple exit points, there should be multiple entry points.

blaquerogue, Isaiah and Kaisa like this.
  10. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Sorry you feel the way you do but you may find that your concerns are puffed up.

I don't agree with your stance, and maybe you should wait to see this play out.

We've had threads on this stuff for years now, and while I understand that you feel very strongly in your position... You just don't realize how far PvPers had to go to accept a non full loot opinion. It has taken quite a bit to get to a place were we can finally compromise and feel ok with it.

If they get swayed by your rants I must point out that there that would be rejecting years of PvP threads, and honestly I won't just sit here quietly any longer and let one person stir up the PvE players against the PvP players again when there had been peace (compared to what it was) for many months now.

Kaisa, Ariella and blaquerogue like this.
  11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Or........... you could be a strong Crafter and just go get your resources you want so bad! I craft and i PVP, im fairly decent at both. Whats the problem there? If i want to get resources from a PVP zone i just go and get them, i may be killed by another PVPr or monster or BOTH (thats something PVE will not have to worry about having to fight BOTH), so i may not get those resources until i get better at PVP! If i go to PVE i just gather everywhere and have more resources than the average PVP, since the chances of me getting killed is relatively zero in PVE.

So what if you made stronger monsters and NPCS for PVE? When you go to your PVE ground to get special resources, and are killed more often than not! Will you still complain that its too hard for PVE to gather resources and its not fair? and PVP get more just because we know how to handle it better or know how to set up our characters according to PVP?

Honestly if you look at the monsters now they are easy to maneuver around or kill, i can collect resources for days and never die once, but i cannot do that in PVP! So should i complain since im not a good enough PVPr? "Its not fair hes a better pvpr than I and i cant get my resources there!" that sounds stupid huh?

It just sounds like you want it all, with no risk to me! You want it but dont want to risk dieing PVP or PVE? I think when you clear that up people will understand your posts and wants. If you just want to get everything without effort it simply wont happen.

On top of that it is your own choice to go to a PVP zone. For instance its a bad choice for me to try and go up against 3 or 4 PVP if i see them, it will more than likely result in my death that would be a "bad choice", but i have no one to blame but myself for doing that and getting myself killed.

YOU still get to choose what you want PVP or PVE, and no one is forcing you to do either! These are choices you have chosen! Not me not the game but YOU!

SO that wasnt a good idea? Your own PVE area to get the same resources?, You do know PVP can also unflag right and come there and mine also, but since we can flux between the two, i guess that too is unfair as well? It appears you totally missed this! Everything you ask for is there! But i dont want to hear complaining if we come to your resource area, we as PVP also have a choice to PVP or PVE. No matter how hard you stomp your feet and roll around on the ground, PVP will be in the game, there will be PVP zones! But......you dont have to go there! You should be happy. Since you dont PVP maybe you should focus on what you want for PVE, and stop fousing on what we may or may not have as far as PVP.

So basically you should be saying im PVE and i would like the same resources in PVE, but yes it should be a challenge to get those! I will be PVP and others will too, try focusing on YOUR PVE more and less on us what we want. Weve already agreed....
    noone should be forced to PVP if they dont want too! Check!
    Weve already agreed PVE should have special resources too! Check!
    Weve already agreed that PVE for those resources should be challenging! Check

So with that being said are you seriously still complaining!!!??? You have everything you want! Now let us PVP have what we want and leave us alone! Youll never come to PVP anyhow you made that quite clear on many accounts throughout these forms! Weve all heard your outcry! You will not be forced to play anything!

E n v y, Ariella, Abydos and 2 others like this.
  12. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

from what my understanding on how this game is intended to be designed - the richest players will be the crafters with business sense. the ones that dedicate not only crafting, but gathering, and knowing where to sell what items, will be the ones who are sitting on fat piles of coin.

the hoarders of both materials and coin will be the ones that screw up the economy worse - than if the economies were constantly ebbing and flowing. i say focus less on material availablility, and focus more on the fluidity of the markets. they already plan on lowering the abilities via the skill point availability, based on gathering and crafting and refining - so every cog has its wheel, and can make enough cash to buy what they can't do themselves.. everything is connected and you can't just take a look at one small aspect ignoring the rest.

lollie - my first instinct on this topic was very much like yours. then i took a step back and realized that the other systems in place as w2ell as others not yet in place will mitigate most of my fears i had. as it stands now, i do have a problem with it, but as it is intended to be when the game goes live, i doubt i will have much of a problem, once things are pieced together.

TimeLord Smith and Tahru like this.
  13. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

To be fair. Everything is watered down right now.

ThurisazSheol and Isaiah [MGT] like this.
  14. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I disagree, Lollie. There will be no resources in the Shardfall areas that are not available elsewhere. Just the same resources in higher concentration.
    I've conceded the 5% of the map I won't have access with it's attendant richer resources as a compromise to insure that I don't have to deal with them other than when I with to.

blaquerogue and Isaiah [MGT] like this.
  15. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

I agree with this sentiment.

ThurisazSheol likes this.
  16. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

You cannot PvE in any shardfall scene without opening yourself to PvP. Shardfall scenes are, therefore, denied to those who do not wish to suffer the consequence.

17. Dorham Isycle

Dorham Isycle Avatar

So the option is there, so i can.

blaquerogue likes this.
  18. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

thats the key - if the player wishes to not suffer the consequences. they have the choice to participate or not.

blaquerogue likes this.
  19. graylake21

graylake21 Avatar

blatant lie you can go into single player, and as of right now there is virtually no difference between the two zones in either setting.

20. OoOo lollie oOOo

OoOo lollie oOOo Avatar

The key is to give PVE risk-reward and PVP risk reward - with equal risks and equal rewards - and THEN a player can choose if they wish to suffer the consequences or not. Until there is both risk-reward for PVE as well as PVP, there is only forced PVP if you wish to risk anything.

Moiseyev Trueden likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.