PvP Zones : The richest 1% get richer?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Innessa Lelania, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Vallo Frostbane

Vallo Frostbane Avatar

If crafters do not want to interact with other players in some way... why even bother crafting... This system is perfect for crafters in guilds.
    Risk vs Reward is a far better option than Time vs. Reward.
    I would agree if you get those resources through PVE but it needs to be so hard, that people will complain that they cannot complete the content *then you know it is done right*

This is exactly the kind of player interaction a virtual world needs, and I am so happy they went in that direction!

majoria70, Kaisa and Tahru like this.
  2. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

One thing I find pretty cool is the work order proposal. That would allow crafter's to request materials, players to request crafted items and etc without interacting with each other if they prefer it. While it is not as seamless as an auction house, with an auction house there is no way to request what you really want, so you settle for what is there.

Segallion, Kaisa and Ice Queen like this.
  3. Arradin

Arradin Avatar

I am not arguing with or against you really, because i support the entire idea to give more resources in pvp areas. It works in other games that tried it.

What i AM arguing though, is that during testing, we cannot "test" an economy system, because people dont play the way they normally would - during testing, so you can never get a fully accurate reading , even if we test his idea for months ( which im sure we will, it will probably be implemented very soon )

Think of it this way , do you use your money the same way in monopoly as you would if you had the same amount of money irl? thought not ;)

4. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

seeing that the primary concern on the thread by the OP is the market..how about this question:

what impact would there be to the marketplace, if the abundance of materials harvestable from pvp zones/shardfalls, have bonus stats directly related to PVP, and not PVE? - along with the same quantity of regular materials (garlic, copper, iron)

as a primarily PVE player, I'd still want to purchase some of those types of materials, so i can craft items for the PVPers that choose to not craft, themselves. several of whom i'm friends with too.

Xandra7, steanne and Tahru like this.
  5. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Oh god no!!!! PVP gear is the worst idea ever implemented in any game. All that does is give unfair advantages to hard core PVP players and deter other players from even trying to PVP.

Edit: I applaud your attempt to find a compromise though.

6. Archaon the Everchosen

Archaon the Everchosen Avatar

What games do you play that makes you think this? I am curious.

crossbowsoda and Tahru like this.
  7. crossbowsoda

crossbowsoda Avatar

Welcome, fellow Warhammer-er. :)

Nagash- Lord of Undead and Tahru like this.
  8. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

i'd have to agree with the scales not balancing in that regard if that was the only system in place for pvp. but that isn't the topic of this particular thread.. we're talking market and economy right now, not the pvp systems itself, so i'll just stop there.

i try. personally i couldn't care less if pvp gear is implemented or not, was just throwing it out there, market wise. some of the best crafters are going to be pve only, they would usually be the first choice to build a great set of pvp gear, regardless if there is pvp-only gear or not. - the game as it stands now, is designed to have multiple gear sets anyway for both pve and pvp, and town gear/costumes, and skillsets.. i've seen people toss on gear for tanking, then in the next room of a dungeon they go to a healer gear set and skill deck selection., then in even others, go arcane archer builds, combining light and heavy armors while they are at it.

i even see people wearing purchased-from-npc generic gear regularly, and switch to their really nice/expensive player-crafted gear for dungeon runs where they know they'll make some cash from.

Tahru likes this.
  9. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

Ok maybe I am misunderstanding things here but I am under the impression no resource will be exclusive to the pvp zones correct? Just certain ones may be a little more common. I do not think we know at this point just how much more resources will be in the pvp zones at this point. Either way from what it seems like to me no one is being forced to go into the pvp zones if you do not want to. You can go into other zones and gather the resources or you can buy them off others. I guess I just don't get some the complaints/worries.

I do feel though that there does need to be a bit more risk in pvp if pvp zones are going to have a significant boost in resources. I think there is going to be a new post on that soon though so we will see. I personally am not for full loot but do think that resources should be lootable for instance.

Also while it is possible that there will hardly be any pvpers in this game and these zones will be a ghost town shortly after release, we can not say that will be the case for sure. If this game has fun meaningful pvp then I think it could attract a decent crowd of pvpers. We just cannot know how things will turn out at this point.

majoria70 likes this.
  10. ThurisazSheol

ThurisazSheol Avatar

if that were the case (i hope it is), what would you think is more fair - they take the stack, or they take all of type (all copper ore)?

if it is the first, then it would be exploitable to not stack anything as you obtain it, so i think it would simply be more fair for the latter. or maybe half of what the recently deceased has (but you can't see how many as the looter..kind of a roll of the dice).

Tahru and Kaisa like this.
  11. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

I agree with you that just having a stack be lootable would probably be too exploitable. I like the idea of getting a certain percentage of the resources.

Tahru and ThurisazSheol like this.
  12. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

It's funny, I keep hearing about these so-called "walls of text" nobody has time to read... Usually from the same folks who regularly cut and past 10,000 word arguments. Dude LOL!

There- I've already said my piece, it's fact; can't be changed no matter how hard you will it so. Agree or disagree, I'm still getting my PvP on whenever I feel like it, and you'll, well, you'll be off doing whatever it is you do, when not "crafting" thesis-length posts I guess... :rolleyes:

Nagash- Lord of Undead and Tahru like this.
  13. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

Since there are primarily PvErs in the game, why do they have to be slaves to for the PvP players to take advantage of their side of the gathering, especially after they've killed them several times? There will be tons of PvE players gathering materials, of which they are doing all the hard work, while all PvP players have to do is sit for an hour and gain the same amount in parallel to worth of items. I dont think there is a balance.

14. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

And why should PvP players be "slaves" to the PvE model of play-style? If they just wanted another DDO, they could just put public arenas within towns and such, which nobody would ever go to. This way, at least there is a chance of free-market competition. You all are not making sense. PvP players probably will be the minority in this game, but that is not because of anything the devs did (or didn't do), it is simply because of the overwhelming anti-PvP mentality of an outspoken few on these forums. Now go ahead, prove me right.

Tahru and Nagash- Lord of Undead like this.
  15. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

You missed the point and wen straight to pointing your finger. Im saying no straight pve player is going to venture into your playpen of death to get those precious materials, they will wait on you to be done killing and gathering from the pvp area and beg to be able to buy them from you instead. Of which there is no guarantee that the pvp players will ever sell those resources but when they do sell them, its at an extreme cost to pve players only, making the 1% richer just like capitalism. I just so happen to like the ideas in this thread and many of them i agree with, however youre begging the question, not forming positive feedback..

Tahru likes this.
  16. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

DavenRock, have you read Chris' long post on this topic?

Tahru and DavenRock [MGT] like this.
  17. DavenRock

DavenRock Avatar

Yes, I have. The parts about The symbiotic pve-pvp-crafting economy would work and are exciting details. I worry that B may have way more than A or C. And all this about both C and A needing the most valuable resources from B.. I cant wait for the pvp and death post today. :)

Tahru likes this.
  18. mikeaw1101

mikeaw1101 Avatar

The truth is, I don't even PvP all that much. It's funny that so many are willing to blindly argue against it, using tautologies and circular logic, if for no other reason than... Well actually I don't really know why but it's just amusing.

19. Kaisa

Kaisa Avatar

Some people seem to be worried about having to buy resources from pvpers and possibly having to pay outrageous prices. This doesn't have to be a major concern though. You can get these resources yourself from non pvp zones. I know it could take longer but there is less risk. I mean sometimes people going into the pvp zone to harvest might get lucky find the zone empty and be able to mine and gather to their hearts content more or less. Other times they might they might go in and leave with little more then a big repair bill and possibly missing some gear! *depending on how looting will be* So it sort of balances out imo. We also do not know yet just how much of a resource difference there will be. Just that some resources will be more common in pvp areas. If people are putting these resources up at prices you do not want to pay don't pay them! I think most people if they see that their stuff isn't selling would be willing to drop the price. But if people pay the outrageous prices they have only themselves to blame if people continue to sell the items at stupid prices.

20. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

I have a hunch that the discussion on risk versus reward is going to include features I have never liked about MMO's. I am resolved not to say a word this time around.

Segallion likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.