PvP Zones : The richest 1% get richer?

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by Innessa Lelania, Feb 13, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

Agreed. It would be cool if there was a hidden achievement for never shedding blood. Not killing anything.

See in PvP any player that attacks you could be considered a monster too. So the pvper who fights in pure self defense should be no different than a PvE player as far as being a "good person" goes.

So PvE players who kill kobolds and bandits should be treated the same as a PvP player who kills in battle.

Therefore why not just have a special achievement for a player that kills neither monster nor avatar. That would be the only one innocent right?

2. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Somewhere underground waiting to get you!
    I agree. In role play, one would want to have a reason to attack things. What did the Kobald do to you? When did he do it? Why did he do it? Is there another solution beyond killing? In a game of virtue, some divine reward should be considered, unless you are going after the virtue of humility of course. :p

Themo Lock and Isaiah like this.
  3. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I think its more of people just want to get stuff without earming said things now a days, gimme gimme gimme! But i dont want to work for it. We all might as well face it right now PVP and PVE will not agree on anything, especially with different people on board that like to fire start, i do not exclude myself on that! These forms give me more and more of a distaste for PVE everyday, (not all) but some just want everything handed to them! They want thier way or nothing. I find it a shame since this game was promised to encompass both PVP and PVE, and even so there are still complainers on both ends! Its a shame! Let PVP play thier way let PVE play thier way!

4. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Ristra can you scold Lollie too? shes been pretty hostile as well!

Rufus D`Asperdi and Isaiah like this.
  5. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

AMEN!!!

6. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

I agree that in the pvp zones pvp should have what ever rules they decide collectively as a pvp subset Blaquerogue. :) I would try to make it fun for pvp first and then work on ways to make it enjoyable for pve to want to join in. That is the major hindrance I think between the two camps. PvE has to be able to enjoy it to like it if you want to convert pve to try it. Its the only reservation I have is that pvp will get stale with just pvp people and no pve trying it out. In the end I want you to have what you want though, as I see your point.

blaquerogue likes this.
  7. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

now shake hands and start over! I think he was talking about lollies post!

8. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I hope SOMONE pays attention to this, it is a solution for risk vs reward for PVE as well as PVP!!! Agreeing with certain people , PVE with having tougher monsters and Npcs! I think this whole idea has been over looked, which is pretty much a solution for all issues!

Or........... you could be a strong Crafter and just go get your resources you want so bad! I craft and i PVP, im fairly decent at both. Whats the problem there? If i want to get resources from a PVP zone i just go and get them, i may be killed by another PVPr or monster or BOTH (thats something PVE will not have to worry about having to fight BOTH), so i may not get those resources until i get better at PVP! If i go to PVE i just gather everywhere and have more resources than the average PVP, since the chances of me getting killed is relatively zero in PVE.

So what if you made stronger monsters and NPCS for PVE? When you go to your PVE ground to get special resources, and are killed more often than not! Will you still complain that its too hard for PVE to gather resources and its not fair? and PVP get more just because we know how to handle it better or know how to set up our characters according to PVP?

Honestly if you look at the monsters now they are easy to maneuver around or kill, i can collect resources for days and never die once, but i cannot do that in PVP! So should i complain since im not a good enough PVPr? "Its not fair hes a better pvpr than I and i cant get my resources there!" that sounds stupid huh?

It just sounds like you want it all, with no risk to me! You want it but dont want to risk dieing PVP or PVE? I think when you clear that up people will understand your posts and wants. If you just want to get everything without effort it simply wont happen.

On top of that it is your own choice to go to a PVP zone. For instance its a bad choice for me to try and go up against 3 or 4 PVP if i see them, it will more than likely result in my death that would be a "bad choice", but i have no one to blame but myself for doing that and getting myself killed.

YOU still get to choose what you want PVP or PVE, and no one is forcing you to do either! These are choices you have chosen! Not me not the game but YOU!

SO that wasnt a good idea? Your own PVE area to get the same resources?, You do know PVP can also unflag right and come there and mine also, but since we can flux between the two, i guess that too is unfair as well? It appears you totally missed this! Everything you ask for is there! But i dont want to hear complaining if we come to your resource area, we as PVP also have a choice to PVP or PVE. No matter how hard you stomp your feet and roll around on the ground, PVP will be in the game, there will be PVP zones! But......you dont have to go there! You should be happy. Since you dont PVP maybe you should focus on what you want for PVE, and stop fousing on what we may or may not have as far as PVP.

9. Ristra

Ristra Avatar

Let me go back and read, I was being lazy and skimmed the thread.

blaquerogue likes this.
  10. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

I love PVPmuch better but i also like to play PVE. I want whats best for both! :)

11. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

LOL im still pulling shrapnel out! I think its more of what ive been seeing is its my way or no way, and we cant possibly be like that when both have to be satisfied. It cant be just one sided. I know not all of my posts are the best options, but i do understand somehow we all need to work together without destroyig the others playstyle! :)

12. Lord Andernut

Lord Andernut Avatar

It's not the discussion that was really what I saw as an issue but the very emotional sky is falling I'd quit if it isn't done specifically as way X and some attacking totalatarian statements.

I think putting forth suggestions as some folks have been is very healthy.

blaquerogue likes this.
  13. Themo Lock

Themo Lock Avatar

This is a crazy thread, but i just want to say.. i enjoy all aspects of the game and i like almost everybody that has anything to to with the game so far. Discussion is healthy but many are arguing about features they have not actually fully tested and in some cases are only partially implemented (or not at all) and making a few assumptions. As more of the crafting system is added i believe we will see some HUGE changes in the way combat,crafting and economy operates and i eagerly await the next few releases.

blaquerogue, Spoon, Isaiah and 2 others like this.
  14. Sold and gone

Sold and gone Avatar

Well said. I think once everyone is informed on what the system will be people will relax, people will adjust if needed, and people will either like it or not like it. For myself I will play it any way it comes out. I just will play it my way as much as the game allows me to. The unknowing waiting part is one of the villains that create this hysteria lol. I cannot help but notice I have been caught up in it myself from time to time, and for any hard feelings I have caused I do apologize, sometimes passion does overtake my logic in discussions. It helps to remember for me at least that this is a debate about a subject, and not about the person discussing it.

Themo Lock and Isaiah like this.
  15. Isaiah

Isaiah Avatar

You're right. I think the system they are creating is going to be entertaining anyway. I guess I will play it anyway it comes out too.

16. Ship One

Ship One Avatar

Though I just joined recently, I'm looking at this game. PVP (and cash shops) ultimately are not good for PVE. PVP is put in place because it does not involve very much additional content or code and attracts a part of the MMORPG market. While PVP can be fun at times, Darkfall, AoC, AA and other games that have PVP where PVP offers more than a ranking is ultimately destructive to the PVE masses in that alot of PVE players will move on from this game. I do not understand why game makers think the discrepancies between PVE zones and PVP zones, where PVP zones offer the best creatures and resources is going to be viable and sustainable for a PVE market. Games that allow for speedy leveling or skill ups, redundant ways to acquire gear and tiered content (designed for PVP), highest in contested zones are evacuated enmasse after 3 months.

I personally want good games to succeed and become staples for large guilds to exist in and play in for years. Coming from EQ circa April 1999 to Archage of late last year, the pattern that I have displayed here is fairly accurate, unfortunately.

lollie likes this.
  17. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

If this is what you get by what many of us are arguing, then you really don't understand what we are saying. Posts like this where you attack PVE players and then try and make it sound like you are a victim is a way to try and manipulate the moderation. I really wish this would stop.

lollie likes this.
  18. E n v y

E n v y Avatar

Couldn't agree more.

blaquerogue likes this.
  19. blaquerogue

blaquerogue Avatar

Well I did say PVP and PVE, and there are certain PVE that i have looked at and say yes they want the "silver spoon of power!" If you took that as a personal attack maybe you should look in the mirror and point! Im not a victim being PVP, but yes Us PVP are slighted in many cases especially in this game. I cannot wait for them to come out with PVP, that cannot be argued! If you think i can manipulate the moderation (lol) you are highly misinformed, most of the time im arguing the moderation with the moderator, rarely do i ever win! So I wish you'd stop playing the victim.

20. rune_74

rune_74 Avatar

I'm not going to get anywhere with this arguement...you don't seem to want to hear, or are willing to hear anything other then people trying to get something for nothing....

I'm not sure how you can even have a rational conversation to what you just wrote.

lollie likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.