PvP Zones

Discussion in 'PvP Gameplay' started by airroncam, Sep 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. airroncam

airroncam Avatar

As a Darkfall Unholy Wars player I got on the forums and cried and cried that they needed to add more PvE incentives. Its not about one or the other. Its about the balance between both.

Ravicus Domdred likes this.
  2. lollie

lollie Avatar

Yes there would be something to be miffed about if only pvp areas had good farm rates.

a) that's a lure for weak crafters (sheep to wolves, to the slaughter)
    b) that's a barrier for pve players (now they know there's a place some people can get to that's truly awesome for crafters that they will never be able to get to, for reasons of playstyle)

And yes you are stating ultimatums and threats, and once again literally nobody is going to notice if the 0.4% of pvp players leave in a huff anyway.

3. lollie

lollie Avatar

I'm taking this as a surrender.

Sir Cabirus, tinman_n8, Womby and 3 others like this.
  4. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

So you want to PvP and don't need a reason, but you're here on the forums saying that PvP needs additional incentives? Which is it?

You say that 'even if the resources are better, they wont risk it'. If thats the case, then making resources better isn't going to encourage or stimulate PvP or get more people involved. So why do it?
    Just to give you a bonus because you happen to embrace this playstyle? Surely if that's how you like to play, that enjoyment is reward itself.

What do you think is missing from PvP?
    If you think we need more PvP-related incentives, I'll agree with you and sit here and brainstorm and come up with ideas.
    If you just want to pick on people who aren't interested, then its "not worth discussing further."

Sir Cabirus, Womby and lollie like this.
  5. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

HRR'K kobold frenz not start to PvP yet, we waitz for PvP dunjun then hunt hoomanz SKK'K

Sir Cabirus, Womby, Leelu and 3 others like this.
  6. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

*gives Vrunk a nice fresh fish*

7. Vrunk Hrrk

Vrunk Hrrk Avatar

Vrunk like fizh, nize elf

8. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

YES! This would be so freaking cool! While they hold the castle, everyone in the guild gets a bonus like +30% gathering speed.

9. airroncam

airroncam Avatar

The idea that slightly increased xp and drop rates in PvP areas will make everything else obsolete is a weak argument. You can still gather exactly the same way that you have for the last few months. The (hopeful) amount of fighting that will be done in the PvP areas will still keep it slower than just sitting in a mine.

10. lefty

lefty Avatar

I personally do not need a reason. It's clear I am the minority...

With that said...

The PvP Zones are a GHOST TOWN.

So... It leads me to believe that additional incentives are necessary, which will create an environment where players will want to go and PvP.

Yes, we need more PvP-related incentives. We also need to fix the PvP mechanics, balancing etc.

I would like at least an equal playing field as a PvE zone when it comes to resources.. Right now the RUINS and the Shardfalls suck.

The only one that's decent again is.... Verdantis.. They are all missing mining nodes.

I'm not asking for anything ridiculous. Just a high re-pop and slightly more XP in a PvP zone. This is a short-term fix but would help a bit. \

At least allow us PvPer's to live in a shardfall and FARM while we wait for 1 guy to show up.

I don't think it's anything to get "miffed" about. DO YOU COMPREHEND?

11. airroncam

airroncam Avatar

No one that isn't interested will get picked on because they simply don't have to go into the zone EVER.

12. lollie

lollie Avatar

Figure out something else that doesn't attempt to lure in PVE players. Really simple concept.

13. airroncam

airroncam Avatar

Mobs in the PvP zones suck as well. No variety, poor drops, annoying to kill.

14. airroncam

airroncam Avatar

This attitude simply means that EVLs tournaments will be the only PvP ever in this game. I am not satisfied with that. Stop looking at it as luring PVE'ers and look at it as rewarding PvP'ers and varying the gameplay. :)

15. lefty

lefty Avatar

Hey guys, lets have a ******** Duel Tournament.. And guess what.. Lets host it in a non-pvp POT..

:p

airroncam likes this.
  16. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

There's no need to shout.
    I don't think giving an experience boost to gathering in a PvP zone is a reasonable ask.
    I do think giving you a PvP related benefit is more than reasonable.

The PvP Zones are a ghost town....agree...I was in one for over an hour the other day farming obs chips and not a soul turned up.

Lets see if you comprehend:

Making PvP zones a better gathering spot is NOT going to make people "want" to PvP.
    Its going to make people need to be in harms way, to access the better PvE content.
    They still don't want to PvP, they are in there for a completely different reason, and maybe some PvPer gets a cheap shot.
    That's not meaningful PvP and its something that no matter how many times you say it or how many capital letters you use, is not going to be embraced by the non-PvP community.

Equal playing field to PvE zones? I have no problem with that.
    More nodes per square foot? Got no problem with that either, obviously you'll be spending a lot of time waiting for PvP to happen so that makes sense.
    More xp per node? No, the best producer XP should not be behind a PvP wall under any circumstances.
    The people for whom more xp per node would be an attractive incentive are not necessarily PvPers, they'd just be willing to risk the gank for the reward and that's a really crappy system.
    This is not meaningful PvP!

tinman_n8, golruul, nimueCW and 2 others like this.
  17. lefty

lefty Avatar

Disagree. Good day.

18. kaeshiva

kaeshiva Avatar

Disagree?

You think killing uninterested players is meaningful PvP?

Well, to each their own I guess.

Sir Cabirus and Womby like this.
  19. Fizzlebang

Fizzlebang Avatar

With no real objective to fight over, world PvP feels rather meaningless. As a frequenter of Shardfalls, even if you are winning, you are getting very small ransoms at best. And after killing someone usually only once or twice, they just leave. The resources in Shardfalls are at an appropriate level currently IMO, except for gold/silver. Let's make a PvP objective to fight over that has some impact for PvP. EX: PvP-related buffs, PvP titles, add some more loot to the zones (the PvP ruins would be a great place for this; there are empty chests all over the place), factions would be really awesome to see come into fruition

The list of really cool ideas for PvP goes on but one thing should remain constant. PvP should remain separate from PvE. I love PvP, and most of my effort in this game is to get better at PvP. PvP needs something to motivate and allow players to feel like they are satisfied with the progress they made that day. I think we all recognize that, really. But, the mechanic that drives that play style should not crossover into feeling as if PvE players get left out. It should be a PvP mechanic. It's there FOR PvP players, and only for PvP players. The PvE players do not suffer by not choosing the PvP play style, and the PvP players have a motivation for choosing their play style..

20. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

I got hit with a 9k ransom recently in a Shardfall. It was unexpected and not what I was used to seeing so maybe the ransoms are being looked at and balance is being looked at. As for keeping the play styles separate - I don't see how meaningful PVP can be achieved without the lines between PVP and PVE becoming blurred... there's so much possibility so long as the only inhibitor to PVP remains the consensual opt-in. I'd like to see it tied into the virtue system and given crafting incentives and trade incentives so PVE types are looking for relationships and vice versa. I think a proper faction system would benefit from a symbiotic PVP/PVE structure... not just for participation in the economy, but to create new styles of play for operators and enablers. A successful PVP faction system will need and feed the game's economy and all the available PVE systems.

airroncam and Ravicus Domdred like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.