Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

Question/Feedback for hunter quest

Discussion in 'Release 14 Feedback' started by Lord_Darkmoon, Feb 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lord_Darkmoon

Lord_Darkmoon Avatar

The hunter quest we get in Braemar got some real Ultima vibes to it and I hope that it is an indication of what to expect from the other quests in the game.
    I already criticized the respawn of the wolf-pack. But this is not what this post is about and with Starr's post about single player respawn rules this cas been clarified.

Maybe I am wrong but this is how I think the quest should/will play out. Correct me if I am wrong.

Spoilers for those who haven't done it yet!

In Braemar you meet this hunter who tells you about the hunting party that was attacked by a wolf-pack. Some died, one vanished and the hunter went back to Braemar to tell the wife of the one who vanished what happened. They seem to fall in love although her husband could still be alive.
    I haven't found her missing husband yet, but here is how I think the quest could play out in Ultima style and if this is the case or at least similar to it, this is very Ultima-like.
    You find the missing hunter and decide to tell him that his wife and his friend fell in love. Or you decide to tell his wife that you found her husband and that he is still alive. Both situations could lead to different outcomes. Maybe the hunter didn't want to go back to his wife and wanted to be "free" or maybe he himself fell in love with another woman and used the attack of the wolves to make everyone believe that he died so that he could be with this other woman. Or maybe his wife and his friend already did have a romance going on for some time and both knew about the dangerous wolves and they plotted to get rid of her husband.

I hope you get what I mean. Multi-layered quests which are not what they seem. And which give much more insights into the lives and personalities of the NPCs, making them feel like real people.

Maybe Lum could comment on this if I am thinking into the right direction for how the quests in the game are structured.

2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Yes I too am looking for this kind of multilayered quests with different outcomes. Right now not too much we can do with the little tidbits we've been thrown. For example the 'wounded guard' quest takes a moment to get the information out on what if anything can be done
    for him but it only seems that one thing can be done and there doesn't seem to be anything deep about the quest. I feel the deep quest option will be what is implemented though. I can't wait.:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.