Questions

Discussion in 'New Player Welcome' started by tc91101, Mar 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

I played in 2014 and much has changed. I had some random questions as follows:

1. Can I click on a stone of a house that is advertised for rent and rent it or do I have to find the owner?
    2. If I claim pledge rewards such as a house on a character, what happens if I delete the character? Do I get the rewards back?
    3. Does strength determine the weight that can be carried? My stats are Str 10, Dex 10, Int 20. If I picked different at the Oracle would I get more strength. Is there a way to carry more weight or get more strength?
    4. What will happen to my character when game goes live?
    5. Will there be a story mode added to online when game goes live?
    6. Will doing quests now mess anything up when game goes live?
    7. Where is the Oracle and can an Oracle quest still be done for 500g everyday?
    8. What is the highest skill level for field dressing as an example?
    9. I leveled field dressing to 40 and then learned the next two skills which are 19 a piece. Should I freeze field dressing? Will its level start decaying if I freeze it?
    10. I completed the key quest in Aerie and its not in my log anymore; however, the little sparkles and arrows still show on my compass. Shouldn't they go away?

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
  2. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi tc91101 and welcome back. Well now that is what we are hoping for but so far it is not implemented. In your back pack you will find a book titled 'places to live'. All those who offer rented homes and free rent options should have posted in this thread. Now you just go read about what players are offering and go in game check out the area and pick a home. I am strongly rallying for it to be as easy as you mentioned to rent. Like buy a key, grab your room, decorate and place chests, and off you got to play the game, but atm you must contact the owners. ;)

yes your rewards are account bound. Just to be sure before you delete a character place things in the bank to save them for yourself

Yes strength will make it so you can carry more and there is a skill called heavy lifting down the tactics tree

Let me know if I can help anytime tc91101. I am Majoria in the game.

Last edited: Mar 17, 2018
    Shade Cido and Lord-Galiwyn like this.
  3. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

4. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Have to find the owner to rent.

BUT, if you check the name on the stone, you can then head to the nearest bank building and in there find a Mailbox, then from the mailbox send a mail to the owner.

If you delete all inventory on the character is deleted with it.

So what you do instead is put all the stuff in bank, this since Bank storage is account based. Thus it is still there after you make your new character.
    Same thing if you use a deed to claim a lot. The claim is account bound. So all stuff on that lot will remain.

Yes, carry load is calculated from STR.

To increase carry you open up the Tactics tree - STR and then there is also Heavy Lifter skill.

It remains.
    We are in persistance, no more wipes or deletes.

Yes, but you can reset your quest status once.
    So do as many as possible now for rewards etc, then when you feel the need reset and redo them.

See this FAQ
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/f...y-daily-500g-from-the-oracle-spoilers.110718/
    If you like it then please give it a comment so that others can see it as well.

No limit.
    But there is a double diminishing return.
    A) it costs exponentially more XP per level
    B) the return benefit is linear

So you are paying more for less.

Which means that you gain more for less up to about 80.

Also note that some skills like innates cost more XP to level (a multiplier).

At about 60 you can start looking at freezing it.

Also you can set the skills to "maintain" then it will take XP from your pool instead of decaying it.

They should, but there is a continuation as well.

Fister Magee and Womby like this.
  5. Koss

Koss Avatar

1. Can I click on a stone of a house that is advertised for rent and rent it or do I have to find the owner?
    Have to find the owner to rent.

BUT, if you check the name on the stone, you can then head to the nearest bank building and in there find a Mailbox, then from the mailbox send a mail to the owner.

Not true as far as his question. If it says for rent you can rent it.

There are so many empty pots and pot owners asking for people... Shouldn't be a problem.

6. Cora Cuz'avich

Cora Cuz'avich Avatar

If you want to claim an available lot, you can click on the stone and do that. If it's claimed by another player to be rented out, you will need to contact that player to rent the space.

7. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

Thanks all. I pledged in 2014 so I'll probably reclaim rewards at a bank and go find an available lot somewhere.

8. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

@tc91101
    @Koss

Hmm. Like Koss points out there is a confusion of terms here.

If you want to rent from another player you need to contact them.

However if you were talking of the claim stone/sign, then if they are not occupied and their sign says "For Rent" then that means free to claim with a deed and no need to contact anyone.

Koss likes this.
  9. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

Oh I meant that if the lot is already owned by someone and then they are trying to rent it. I do have a house deed though so I'll probably scout out a place and set up shop. I was just slightly concerned that it would be stuck to a character that I might want to remake but it seems that it is connected to the account not the character as long as I don't delete the character while it is holding the deed.

10. skeggy Media

skeggy Media Avatar

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
  11. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

Had another question.
    Is the map that comes up in game updated? I was looking for lots and when I click on a town it has an option to select lot availability but it doesn't appear to match what is available in the town.

12. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

The list of available lots is on the town crier too and you can set it as your destination. Also hitting the 'p' key on your keyboard will shoot a light up from available lots. If you are going to a player owned town some town owners don't have their lots to claimable without permission. In Wizards Rest all lots are set to claimable with a deed without contacting anyone for example.

13. Womby

Womby Avatar

The lot vacancy information on the in-game map is hopelessly out of date because it is updated manually. There are plans to automate this.

Lord-Galiwyn likes this.
  14. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Couple of tips:

This player excel list was updated semi recently
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/forum/index.php?threads/r49-land-rush-status.107064/#post-960225
    It has lot availability in different towns

When you are in a scene you can hold down the 'P' key. Keep it pressed for about 2+ seconds and a plume/beacon will rise from all unclaimed lots.
    When I do this I usually steer with the mouse since sWASD and P is awkward.

On the main site on the [Media] menu select [Map]
    https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/
    There you can see outlines of the town design. But most importantly where the Town Crier is located (usually in the central square).
    Talk to the town crier and get the "Lots" list - keep it open - then if there are 'available' lots select one and click the show on compass button. (If you don't see your compass press 'M').
    It will add a green marker.
    Then hold the 'p' key and run around checking them out.

In some scenes you can talk to guards as well and ask about 'lots' but it doesn't work in all.

If you have a rough idea about where in the world you want to live then do a post with an
    @Spoon
    in and write around where and I could probably hint at a town reasonably close which has free lots. You need to say which size your deed is as well.
    There are plenty which are just a ferry jump away that have plenty left but which people don't find.

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
    Alley Oop, Womby, Mykll and 1 other person like this.
  15. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

It will be eventually, but as of yet it does not use in-game data. What lot data is entered is a few months old, due to Portalarium taking it over a few months ago. I tried it just now, and NPC town data is no longer editable by regular users, or I would have updated a few things.

The full map (with searchable overworld) can be found at: https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/map/

You can use the lot directory to see what lots are taken and available. Also, if you hold down the P key, the lot signs/stones from unclaimed lots will emit chimney smoke. This may make it just a bit easier to find an unclaimed lot.

16. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

Another question. I have a tax free village deed. I saw a city lot that I liked a lot (is that redundant lol). Anyway, can I buy a City Deed in game either taxed or tax free and where? Also, can I buy a tax free deed on a store anymore? Also, how do you take a screenshot and where is it stored?

Last edited: Mar 19, 2018
  17. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes, but those wouldn't be place anywhere, instead they would be limited to Player-Owned-Towns. You can buy taxed Player-Owned-Town deeds on the Crown Merchants.

The place anywhere deeds are sold out at the moment, so the only way to get one of those are through the Player Marketplace.

But please note that a TaxFree village deed places you in the top percentile - where a city deed would be above and well beyond what most could even dream of.
    So I'd advice testing out the village lot size first before jumping the gun.

Yes, kinda.

If you buy a bundle and then upgrade that bundle high enough then those come with Tax-Free Player-Owned-Town deeds.
    However those cannot be placed in NPC towns.

Other than that you are again referred to the Player Marketplace.

F11
    Then it depends on your OS.

Alternatively if you are playing through STEAM it is F12.

Womby likes this.
  18. tc91101

tc91101 Avatar

Thanks. I claimed a village lot as a placeholder. I may switch if I find a place in a different town that I like.

Spoon likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.