Quickest way to make gold?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vcczar, Aug 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

OH, I just read your post,, sorry for asking this question again.. I will check it out soon.. My power was out for about 2 1/2 hours tonight ( which is rare ) but this cut into my gaming time. I will resume this tomorrow :)
    thanks again guys for all this help.. this game has a lot to it and many place to go, I can see how this game can be potentially huge as they can just keep adding places and items as they go..

I see this game has a bit of a learning curve but once tackeled there is alot of things to do and places to go..

Stahlknecht and margaritte like this.
  2. stridecolossus

stridecolossus Avatar

Also note that there's now a handy chap who will teleport you around Adoris (which is quite large), he can take you from the entrance to the city straight to the docks (and other locations), and vice versa.

3. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

Actually I think I met him already. I also met a similar guy at "bridgstone pass" and he offer me to pass me through for 1500 gold. I did not have it but after trying to go through myself and relise why...dangerous place...

4. Frank Bach

Frank Bach Avatar

Ahh! Nice to know. Thanks :)

majoria70 likes this.
  5. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Where are people getting yeast, salt and flour for the bark bread?

majoria70 likes this.
  6. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Bakers, either in owls or Ardoris.
    And if you skimp on it you only buy one yeast, then make more from flour.

majoria70 and margaritte like this.
  7. Waxillium

Waxillium Avatar

I crushed the North Valeway skeletons. For 5 levels. (By crushed I mean I died a bunch)

Corpse wax for 10gp
    Residue for 30gp

A weapon for 75gp approx.

Or a weapon and a shield for 100gp.

Or a bow for 75gp approx.

Then as a group of MGT we worked the skeletons in Plains of Righ Inis. Great spot as there is 10 skeleton spawns and an ankh neaby. Same gold as above. Did level 10-20 here.

Did the skeletons in Wyntons Folly from level 20 to 35. You can find them in a town of abode buildings in the far left corner (from where you start). About 20 spawn locations. Ankh right in the town by the gate.

Currently working the skeletons of Wyrmsands. Left of the load zone in a circle of dragon bones. I recommend going around the sand elementals... 35-41 at present. Same loot as above.

With 40 str and all the encumberance skills I can haul about 4000gp out of a zone.

ONLY SELL TO BLACKSMITHS - double the value they give.

You need to talk to the captain of the guards in Owls Head to have the vendors buy your residue for 30gp per.

At level 41 I have an extra 12000 and all my adv and prod skill points are paid for. I was also able to decorate a town lot in Rift's End worth about 20,000 so far.

Skeletons for the win!

Last edited: Aug 4, 2015
  8. crydee

crydee Avatar

Hello, I just started playing the game myself and came across this thread.

I'm trying to use the butchers station to use the pig and sheep carcasses but I only have venison as an option for butchery. Where do I find new recipies from? I can't skill up anything in my crafting points except for my gathering professions

Jivalax Azon and majoria70 like this.
  9. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

You can buy the recipes from the crafting vendors in Owl's Head (behind the skills trainer) or you can experiment with placing different items onto the station to learn recipes for yourself. There's the wiki too, but I know a lot of people like finding them in game or on their own.

Jivalax Azon, Tyde and majoria70 like this.
  10. 4EverLost

4EverLost Avatar

You can also "guess" a recipe if you have one that might be similar. You have the venison recipe, you say? Well then. Try it the same way but with a pig or sheep instead. ;) Never know what you might discover.

11. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Also rag3 all the recipes are not in the game. There will be so many more, not much of cooking is in yet. Release 21 coming out soon should show that crafting has been given more attention. Welcome to Shroud of the Avatar. I am majoria in the game if I can help you anytime please let me know either here by PM or in game by whispering to majoria. To access the friends type 'f' outside of the chat window and add friend, then right click added friend to see options to whisper etc. To return to local chat type /l. Also you can right click another players avatar to see options. To see the emotes in the game that you can do type 'o' outside of chat. If you have a home you can at this time zone to it by clicking the 'u' key to zone to lot. Combat is the 'z' key. So Just a few commands in case you need. Have fun.:)

Last edited: Aug 19, 2015
    rag3 likes this.
  12. Roper Docholiday

Roper Docholiday Avatar

howdy and welcome....

IMHO this is the best way to start out...

opening scene grab the broken sword handle and letter from dead bodies. (loot all the dead bodies take your time look around)
    talk to the goofy guy just on the other side of the bridge (quest giver)
    take boat ride to soltown
    talk to the guard as u just get off that completes your first quest now ask him for a quest (help)
    walk over to the refuge camp there is 3 quest to get there. find a child, find and iron blade, and (remember the sword u grabbed and letter)
    then walk over to the npc part of the town.
    as you enter the npc town talk to the town crier (quest giver)
    as entering there is a guy with a bow talk to him (Quest giver)
    walk down the street u will see this release hat quest giver u will want to grab him
    apx across the street from the hat quest giver should be a bar enter it
    in the back left corner there is a quest giver

you can complete these quest very easy some a but tougher than others but all starter lvl quests. i did mine in apx an hour but im familiar with the area but i was more interested at the time bsing with my friends

end result. apx 1500 to 2100 gold more than enough to buy a nice plate set from a npc vendor. (gives early gamers surviabilty)
    LVL 19 or so adv.

there i would head back to solace bridge head over to owls head
    kill sheep, chickens, pigs, and deer.

theres a pack of deer behind the moongate. a pack of sheep after you cross the bridge, keep following that road up (ie not turning down the crafters lane)
    there will be two more packs of sheep on the hill side leading up to upper owls head. plus a scattering of 1 or 2 sheep that i think are lost

drop down the hill (behind firelotus bar and where u buy recipes) there are two pigs

run through fire lotus bar in front is a pack of sheep

run to the trainer and there is a pack of chickens there.

do this several times over (you should be able to lvl or at least get a few lvls quickly

NOW AT THIS POINT ITS PLAYER CHOICE

assign your skills in prd. to what u want to do first. ie do want to spend time skinning animals cutting tree's mining or gathering cotton. dump you skill points into that skill start with only 1 skill and the one on second lvl on the right. gives u the best chance to harvest.

i recommend mining. most mines u have a few bad mobs around but once cleared u can mine undisturbed.

raw ore is still very valuable in to crafters don't get greedy and try to ask the moon for it but pretty much even still u probably could get the moon for ore

edit: when killing farm animals in owls head i recommend single payer mode might give u better performance to move around owls head at times can get very very laggy

13. monkeysmack

monkeysmack Avatar

There are also sewers under owls head with skeletons and ghosts. If you can survive a run through you can collect over 600 gold worth of stuff quickly. The entrance is under the bridge into owls head.

4EverLost, Tyde and majoria70 like this.
  14. crydee

crydee Avatar

Thanks so much for your replies, such a warm and welcoming community ! Really supports what my friends were saying about the community here. So good that you can discover recipies yourself, although I wish I found that out a bit sooner. I would be about 1000 gold richer! I figured I would make it back after a bunch of sheep.

Will definitely check out the sewer.

ps. off topic, but can i change my account name here to reflect my in game name?
    /edit, I found it in the main page account settings :)

margaritte likes this.
  15. Spoon

Spoon Avatar

Yes.
    Go to main site, login if you aren't already.
    Top right corner click [Account]
    In your User Account page, under you non-existant profile pic click the [Edit Profile]
    Change your [Display Name] (and get a pic :))
    Scroll to bottom click [Update Profile]

Mata and margaritte like this.
  16. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

hi Tyle yes I believe you can. Hover the mouse over your name in the upper right hand corner of the forums for profile options then click on Avatar. It looks like you can change here. :) Ok ok I see Spoon beat me to it. I could be wrong on my details.;)

17. hearsehauler

hearsehauler Avatar

Trying to finish this quest...there is a spoiler in another post (now closed), however that spoiler no longer works. A hint would be great.

Thanx
    Hearse

18. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Where are you stuck? I always have to be pointed with the wife and tell her "give me the book" a couple of times, but eventually she will cough it up. You have to reassure her that giving up the book will bring her husband home from the bar, even though we both know it won't :D

19. hearsehauler

hearsehauler Avatar

I am with Alicia trying to convince her to give me the book/ledger
    I have tried multiple versions of
    I know where Morton is (or sub husband for Morton)
    Morton (or husband) is in town y
    I have used ledger...and book in conjunction with the above and on their own
    But as it is now bedtime I must continue this tomorrow...thanx for replying

Hearse

20. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I always start with "give me the book", then she says she has it or something, and I ask for it again. Then she says something about if you think giving it will bring Morton home, and I say "yes", then she usually gives it to me.

Edit: I just went and talked to her again, and it only took one try. I said "give me the book" and then she asked if I thought he would come home, and I said "yes", and she handed it over. So, I have a copy of the book now. If you can't get it to go, find me tomorrow and I'll give you this copy :D

Last edited: Sep 8, 2015
    4EverLost likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.