Quickest way to make gold?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by vcczar, Aug 2, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. vcczar

vcczar Avatar

I've started release 20. I'm wondering what you think is the quickest way to make gold from the beginning?

2. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

This patch gold is scarce, mob loot doesn't sell for much, you can barely pay for skills and repair.

3. vcczar

vcczar Avatar

I'm having a hard time making any gold. My only weapon and armor is about to fall apart and I can't kill most things that carry cash.

4. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Welcome, vcczar! The first thing I did to earn some coin for armor was get myself to Owl's Head and start killing the sheep. People have accessible crafting stations around now, so find a butchery one and craft up some mutton meat. Then, find your way to the Firelotus Tavern between the upper and lower sections of town and sell the bones and meat to the barkeep then use the gold you earn to buy as many wooden plates as you have fat from the sheep in your inventory. Head back to the crafting stations and use the cooking one to make crackling and oil which will earn you 25 gold a plate.

Rinse and repeat. It's boring, but I bought some plate armor within an hour or so. Once you get some better gear, I'd chop trees in encounters along the Perinnial Trail and bake bark bread. That sells for $200 a batch.

Edit: Find the recipes for the meat and crackling plates on the wiki :D Feel free to add/whisper me if you want to in-game. I'm pretty new still myself, but am happy to help however I can.

5. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Bark Bread for the win. Makes 8 pcs...Sells to Thomas Strongbeard for full price...(all cooking recipes seem to sell better there but Bark Bread is the most money)...Plate of crackling oil (2 fat, 8 wooden plate) costs 10 to make sells for 25. Can collect your own fat from sheep and pigs...(I don't mind the early gaming, figuring out, how to make money :))

6. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

I think they'll probably lower the price on the bark bread, seems to be a theme. If you find a decent way to make money it gets nerfed hehe. We should enjoy it before they nerf it. :)

margaritte likes this.
  7. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Ooh, I didn't realize pigs gave fat too! There's a couple in Owl's head too, right, behind the area with the recipe vendors?

Edit: Crackling is just one fat and one plate. Not sure if that's a change or what. Seemed to be that way in R19 too.

Stahlknecht and Ice Queen like this.
  8. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

They did make it less profitable this round, by changing the "Yeast" recipe to need "3" flour, rather than "1".

Even still, its a good bang for your buck. Just stock up on a lot of flour beforehand. :)

9. Lord Baldrith

Lord Baldrith Avatar

Ooops I messed up on the plate qty...Yes pigs are 2 fat each too! I've only ever seen the 2 in Owl's Head. It takes some time to craft all of those, but it is a money maker if you have the stamina :)

Ice Queen and margaritte like this.
  10. unicornslady

unicornslady Avatar

Mail runs also make 75 gold a pop.

Talk to the town crier in any of these cities: Soltown, Ardoris, Solania. They'll give you a package to deliver to one of the other of those three towns. Rinse & repeat.
    :)

11. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

The mail quest is nice to get your gold started, though a bit repetitive if you make it solely the only way for you. Don't forget to slay a few creatures along the way to mix things up a bit!

unicornslady likes this.
  12. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

Morton's Ledger Quest that you pick up at Fire Lotus Tavern is a quick and easy 500 gold too. I did that right away to buy the butcher and cooking stations, but it would go a long way towards decent gear as well.

13. Frank Bach

Frank Bach Avatar

Maybe a good method to start over:

USE THE GLYPH SYSTEM! The sword from solace bridge is OK for starting out.

1) Travel to hidden vale and kill skeletons in the "woods" north of braemar (Valeway South?!) till reaching level 10. Take one by one or a maximum of 2 only. You should level quite fast...
    This will give you some good money you can spend into skills. First spend into passives in swords which increases your speed and also spend them into healing skill spells (active and more important: passives!! -> more healing %). Its cheap! Maybe there is some extra money for one piece of plate.

2)Then go to the woods west of Kingsport and kill Elves. Be aware as they are a lot over your level, take only one by one, it should not be a too big problem if you avoid enemy groups. I raised 1 level each enemy when I was level 9 or so :D (but to be honest, I had a bonus on XP, nevertheless it is a fast way even without bonus)
    You will soon have the money to invest in plates and your player level should increase very fast. Do this till you reach about level 20.

3) Spend your money in passives which raise stamina and health

4) travel to the tower of the shuttered eye and use a little trick. You should be strong enough now. There is a video on youtube :D You should get rich soon.

Good luck and don't get killed too often ;)

margaritte and vcczar like this.
  14. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

where so you find this "Thomas Strongbeard" is it in owls head?

Corazon likes this.
  15. majoria70

majoria70 Avatar

Hi Odyssy. Thomas is in Fire Lotus Tavern in Owlshead. The city by the Volcano that I mentioned before. It is on the hidden vale map that you get to from the boatman in Ardorus or the starting area you were in has a Rift to Owlshead too. I know so much to learn but you will be a pro one day, just keep asking questions we are happy to help you get your bearings. There is so much to this game that could get missed without a little direction;)

claybwagner and Ice Queen like this.
  16. Mata

Mata Avatar

"Fire Lotus Taverne" near the Crafting stations.

Ice Queen and majoria70 like this.
  17. Odyssey2001

Odyssey2001 Avatar

I have been trying to find owlshead now for about 1 hour.. I have entered a few places like " I think it is called " Bridgestone pass" for wintery and very dangerous.. I most got my head blown off by some wizard nut throwing balls of fire at me.. I dont think I will be visiting that place again any time soon...

I hear owls head is in the hidden vail but where is this hidden vail on the over world map? I have been looking around but cant seem to find it. What is it next too?

Frank Bach likes this.
  18. stridecolossus

stridecolossus Avatar

The Hidden Vale is small island off the north-east coast of Novia. To get there you either need to take a ferry from the docks in Adoris or use one of the lunar rift teleporty thingies - there's one in the starter area (Solace Bridge) that can get you to Kingsport in the Hidden Vale.

margaritte, Mata and Frank Bach like this.
  19. Frank Bach

Frank Bach Avatar

You have to go to Adoris - the main city at the perennial coast on novia.
    Then go to the docks in the SOUTH-WEST. There is a small boat that brings you to a city called kingsport on the island "Hidden Vale" Head northwest to the vulcano. There you will find Owlshead

Edit: Too late :eek::D Stridecolossus said it all ;) Going by the rift is the faster way! After crossing the bridge head straight up the hill and there you will see the shining lunar rift

Mata likes this.
  20. Mata

Mata Avatar

Ice Queen and margaritte like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.