Quit Leeching Off Us - IDIOT

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by By Tor, Mar 1, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kabalyero Kidd

Kabalyero Kidd Avatar

that's why SPO is great because we don't have to deal with such DRAMA... and we can always switch back to MPO during community events where the mood is not aggressive but festive... LOL

2. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

That's my plan from now on :)

Kabalyero likes this.
  3. Gix

Gix Avatar

If people are already losing their minds over an incomplete game like this, they deserved to get their kills stolen.

I'm going to steal-kill SOOOO much and I encourage everyone to do the same... That way, it might encourage the devs to actually build a game that makes sense!

This is 2017 and this is a game about "expecting things to happen like it would in the real world"... So what's taking Portalarium so long?

4. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

you should totally flag for PVP and try this - shoot me a friend request in game so you always know where I'm farming...

muhahahaha

Alexander, Chrystoph Reis and Selene like this.
  5. Gix

Gix Avatar

I gave up on SotA's PvP a looooong time ago.

6. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

SAD, I for one do not help ANYONE that's rude and act like idiots. And if I see they are going to die, I let them die, teaching them a lesson .... I got the shaft way too many times in trying to help others that I now will stand next to someone who has adds, and only jump in if I see their hit points drop to near death , which in some cases is too late for them, ah well, my intentions were sincere. Safer that way ..... and their is a PVP guy that likes to follow me around just to steal my kills... I could name him, but then again, I am not a name dropper (yet) ... that could change though :) So I feel your pain By Tor... Best thing to do is let them die ... unless they are someone you know and are friends with :)

Alexander, Chrystoph Reis and By Tor like this.
  7. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Ha - you're actually pretty lucky to have a PVP type trying to take your kills - that guy/gal is definitely in the not so bright category of players. PVE types have an extreme advantage to handle stuff like this - just flag and handle it. There are very few PVE scenes I farm in now because of PVE types swooping my kills and running around me, goading me. uhg.

At least in PVP scenes all opportunities are equal... that and obsidian chips are everywhere.

8. Gix

Gix Avatar

And I believe it's also against the forum rules to single out a particular player.

So, if you do, do it on Reddit or something.

It's not equal, you just get to kill and loot them instead.

Chatele and Net like this.
  9. Chatele

Chatele Avatar

Well I don't flag, BECAUSE I don't PVP EVER ...... I just ignore the jerk and leave and go some place else .... or I just log out of the game and go into SPO....

By Tor likes this.
  10. Gideon Thrax

Gideon Thrax Avatar

Farming in PVP scenes is actually a superior experience to farming in a PVE scene as social interactions go. People are more polite about sharing the scene and everyone talks - well, that is if they didn't run screaming for an exit at first sign of another player. haha

Generally, if I get jumped or pick a fight - we'll fight, chat - share some intel on drops and either party or share the scene.

It's never like that in a PVE scene - well, not in my experience anyway. I've experienced something similar to what the OP describes... but only in a PVE scene.

Retro likes this.
  11. Selene

Selene Avatar

That made me snork my drink. :D

Net and Gix like this.
  12. Retro

Retro Avatar

Sad...you can join me with sieges anytime. ;)

Grendel Rose

Zhoc, Hornpipe and By Tor like this.
  13. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

That's the friendly spirit I'm used to from 99% of the avatars in New Britannia.

Thanks, Retro

Hornpipe likes this.
  14. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

This is why I play in FPO when mostly resource gathering or trying to work out a quest. I go into MMO only when required, or if in a PvP zone.

By Tor likes this.
  15. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I look back on those days in the late 90's and I have to admit that I miss it.

Budner likes this.
  16. Belladonna Rose

Belladonna Rose Bug Hunter

Kind of ironic that we talk about this and I go to Serp Spine foothills today for trees and who do i see standing up on top of a high rock above the bandits.....Roycestein Kaelstrom....just standing there pretty as you please while i fight off a dozen bandits alone. LMAO. Its ok i didnt die and when i left to sell off some junk and come back he was still there....must be waiting for something to come his way. LOL

17. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

It can be how some people use it, sure, but it doesn't take away from the fact some people like the "feel" of a multiplayer world; it feels more alive to them, but still like to have their own goals, playstyle, etc.

So, for them, there's absolutely no problem for them being in a multiplayer world; they just don't want the help. And, as I said earlier, it can be hard to know where each individual draws the line, it really can.

18. Canterbury

Canterbury Avatar

That's quite right. Some people do forget themselves or have very little patience in general. Others, of course, might have just had a rotten day, or maybe this is the 10th time today they've had to warn someone off?

Reminds me of a poster at work relating to dealing with colleagues, and one of the sections on it talks about other people's attitudes and, rather then being instantly offended, consider why they might be so ticked off.

But to finish, as I said earlier, my general rule is if someone's getting smashed -- and especially if they're running from a mob -- chances are they're going to appreciate the help. No time to type a message; just jump in!

Chatele and By Tor like this.
  19. Net

Net Avatar

There is friends only mode and singleplayer, no loot/xp stealing there. The multiplayer xp bonus is there for a reason.

Seriously though, this thread is so wrong. People should fight together, the objective should be to kill the bad guys, lift the siege, slay the monsters... or even rob the traders and slay the guards. It should not (imho) be at all about xp and the loot should come into play after that. People should work together on lifting the siege, because the siege is bad, not acting all alone to fget the best xp/loot, that feels so wrong.

shathiell, Chatele, Zhoc and 4 others like this.
  20. By Tor

By Tor Avatar

My feelings exactly, Net. Not all of us feel that way, unfortunately.

Net, Chatele and Retro like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.