R32 Land Rush status

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by smack, Jul 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

Shhhhhh...... ;)

2. Coren

Coren Avatar

*Sigh*

As I expected, worst-case scenarios for land grab were optimistic. Speculation (I suppose) causes all the best *smaller* lots to be taken by owners of much larger deeds; by the time pledges with town lots will be able to place, there will be few of them left and all of them undesirable - and come the end, they will be able to also grab the large plots. Chances are that by the time the people with village lots get to place, they will end up with dregs or will have to settle for a row lot.

And I count myself lucky being in group 37 - it means that I might be able to get a subpar town plot in some remote corner despite being in the ostensibly first group to place them. Adding the people in the various groups with the rate at which town plots are going now, I pity people in group 39 - the odds of there being any town plots left for them are minuscule.

Whyterose Flowers, AvatarGG and Mykll like this.
  3. Roycestein Kaelstrom

Roycestein Kaelstrom Avatar

People may have to settle with smaller lot size if they want to be in the popular areas (Owl's Head, Brittany areas).

There are still many other NPC towns and PRTs out there that is nearby the popular NPC towns that barely have any one claims any lots.

Polaris Penguin likes this.
  4. Polaris Penguin

Polaris Penguin Avatar

Luckily I am not interested in any of the popular areas, so hopefully when my slot opens up on Monday morning I'll get a town plot in an NPC town, view is honestly more important, but as a long as its an NPC town with a town plot I am happy. PRT is second and last choice.

5. Rufus D`Asperdi

Rufus D`Asperdi Avatar

There are also technical limitations to consider...

Currently, because of performance concerns, there are severe limitations on the number of NPCs that may be placed on a lot... A Row Lot can only have one (1) NPC... A Village Lot two (2)... and I believe the progression carries forward through the Castle Lot (Though I'm not Entirely certain of that) which would mean a Maximum of 6 NPCs on a Castle Lot... Not, in my estimation, sufficient for a bustling emporium. NPCs in this case include not only Vendors, but Pets, and Servants, and any other "MOB" to use the archaic MUD term.

I hope, and the Dev Team has so indicated provided sufficient performance increases, that the limits on the number of NPCs able to be active on a lot will increase drastically making Bustling Emporiums a possibility.

6. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

It's too soon to call, but it looks like the water lots will go mostly unclaimed.

Vixon likes this.
  7. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

The interesting thing is that non-Founders can never claim them and it seems like Founders are favoring more visible/central lots. I wonder what will happen if water lots are still empty after the land rush. Will they remain empty forever or will Port lift the stipulation that you need a Founder deed?

Tahru likes this.
  8. Fain

Fain Avatar

I'd love a water lot but the houseboat just doesn't do it for me!

9. Cassandra Corax

Cassandra Corax Avatar

Rhondda Cynon Taff South Wales United Kingdom
    I have tried all of them, and yes they are all so nice,but say you use your duke or Baron lot to claim the largest water lot you might as well live in a row house as you loose out on a lot of ground for your gardening and such.

Duke Olahorand and Tahru like this.
  10. MagiK

MagiK Avatar

Holy land fill batman!!!! I missed my start time, I thought it was tonight at 23:59 +1 but it was this morning at 00:00 someone smack me, now I have to wait till this evening after work :p

Cassandra Corax and Kara Brae like this.
  11. Tahru

Tahru Avatar

Ouch

Vixon likes this.
  12. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

You're not alone. I agree but frankly, there's nothing to be done about it. I was in the first Baron group (9, with 11 people) who I thought would get first picks of city lots. Yea, right. All 8 of my choices were gone when I checked 2 days before my turn. So, I agree with you, it stinks. I will always dislike how this was handled considering the amount I backed. You want to use your castle or keep lot to claim a city lot? Fine, I guess, but that primary deed should be gone and you have to select your secondary (smaller) lot in group 91 with the rest of us... *sigh* but I digress. Take heart in the fact that I took my city lot last night since I believe that's the most fair to each tier but yes, I'm in the minority.

Yes to all of this. I wasn't going to choose a water lot no matter what and I'm in the royal founder group. Do I want to live in that beautiful Baron manor house... or on a boat? A big boat, sure... but still a boat. No, thank you. I'm not sure exactly what they thought was so enticing about these to limit who can claim them. I was interested at first until they showed the 'houses', then I was like, um, nope. If they had a variation on houses that incorporated a deck that overlooked the water or a private pier, that would have been awesome. Keep the bulk inland so I still have an actual lot to decorate and not lose all of it to water. It may not have been my first choice (which was aesthetic and RP-oriented, how dare I, I know) but definitely a close second. I think other founders might have felt the same way. I do think you're going to see unclaimed water lots but definitely some places will be dotted with boats for that niche player or maybe a guild galleon or heck, just for the novelty. A missed opportunity, for sure.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
  13. Fain

Fain Avatar

I agree. The land lots, including the Founders versions, are just too great to pass up on. If the boat had been sailable a la UO, that may have been another story ;)

As a Royal Founder id have no problem with them opening those lots to anyone once the lot selection period is over but I'm just one guy.

14. Retlaw

Retlaw Avatar

I'm going to live out of the Lord houseboat as my primary residence, think its awesome design. I do agree with missing land space to do other things, which of course is why I also have 3 other lots :D Overall I spent nearly as much as a Duke, but will enjoy my multiple lots more than the one big one.

15. NRaas

NRaas Avatar

Yes, I did the same thing but one pledge level higher (so I spent as much as a LOTM, but am only a Duke).

I have seven lots, one of which will be the Baron ship, because I think it is absolutely fabulous. :)

16. Magos

Magos Avatar

I could be wrong but I seem to recall when I first pledged way back when that they sounded like the water lot was additional space attached to your land lot ??

Am I imagining this ?

17. enderandrew

enderandrew Legend of the Hearth

Yes and no.

If you place a Duke Keep Island for example, you have as much land as the land lot, plus you're on an island.

If you place a houseboat on the docks, you have very little "land" space other than what is on your boat.

18. Jatvardur

Jatvardur Avatar

Landrush is going as expected. Those who backed more got in first just as described during through all these monthly releases.

edited:
    I originally said kickstarter, but perhaps it wasn't quite that perfectly defined at kickstarter but it shouldn't be a surprise that largest backers got first pick.

Duke Gréagóir likes this.
  19. Coren

Coren Avatar

Heh, thank you. My own shortlist of plots found them all occupied on my patrol last night, fully five days before owner of town plot deeds are allowed in; you may be in the minority but give me a sliver of hope. :)

The sad thing is that it seems to me that a solution was trivially simple: assign the groups to the /deeds/ and not the player whilst keeping the same priority. If someone wanted to use their priority deed to snag a town plot they should have had to use their castle deed for it.

20. Baalice

Baalice Avatar

Absolutely, 100% agree. Not only would that have been more fair, that's how I interpreted the lot selection instructions.

"What is the TIER ORDER?

• Tier order would start at the most expensive tiers and work backwards.
    • Dollar amount over minimum pledge amount will grant priority by being sorted into groups (i.e. NOT literally per dollar, but rather greater/less than).
    • Total dollar amount will never get you sorted before another tier nor before another era (i.e. it is the last sort variable).
    • TIER ORDER Sequence:
      • Lord of the Manor 1 and 2 (Castle Lots and below)
      • Duke (Keep Lots and below)
      • Barons 1, 2, and 3 (City Lots and below)
      • Lord and Lord Marshal (Town Lots and below)
      • Knight and Knight Marshal (Town and Village Lots and below)
      • Edelmann and Edelmann Digital (Village Lots and below)
      • Citizen (Village Lots and below)
      • Developer (Row Lots)
      • Navigator (Row Lots)
      • Ancestor (Row Lots)
      • Add-On Lots plus Secondary Lots (Lord and above): These will not have any sub groups and would all go at once (but still before general public)"
    Note the last bullet point: "Add-On Lots plus Secondary Lots" are in group 91.

Wouldn't secondary be the smaller secondary deed we were granted, making the one we pledged for our primary?

Question for those with more than a few lots: Can you use any deed as your first or are the add-on deeds not useable as per the instructions?

This is what led me to believe a lot of smaller lots would be untouched. I mean, how many LotMs and Dukes want to give up their castle and keep lots for something lower? As a city deed holder, I sure wasn't. It wasn't until recently I learned they don't have to give up their large lots 'and' get first picks at the lower ones. In group 91, how many castle and keep deed holders are there going to be? The same as the beginning of the rush. Some will already be reserved to PoTs as well. Seems like the cake and eat it too scenario.

I feel fortunate having had a large selection, albeit not anything I really wanted or planned for. It's the lower tiers I feel for. It just feels like an injustice to them... and I'm mostly upset because when I sense an injustice, it's a big weakness of mine and I can't say silent without at least it be known not everyone was cool with it.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2016
    strabo, Magos, Elay and 2 others like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.