Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R33 is just TOO much nerf

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by jutman, Aug 25, 2016.

?

Would you recommend this game to anyone after R33? as apposed to before R33

1. No

39.5%
  2. yes

60.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jutman

jutman Avatar

R32 was great but needed some fixing. R33 is just to much. As of now with R33 I would NOT refer anybody I know to this game. Taming needed some fixing I can understand but now with my highest skill being in taming my pet is WORTHLESS. Taking away of the better priced vendors.... wow disappointment there as well. Charging in game gold to tax your property is understandable but now you cant afford it the way this game was just nerfed. HUGE disappointment here guys.

Cally likes this.
  2. Camouflage

Camouflage Avatar

OMG...really....take a deep breath and and step away from the KB.

All they are doing is balancing the game. That's it. So this R33 allowed people to go nuts, and R34 is just making it really hard. In R35 they might bring it all back, who knows at this stage of the game.

If you think is so bad, just don't play for R34 and wait for R35, but don't say
    As its not.

3. agra

agra Avatar

Mmmm more stealth nerf. Gotta love that.

4. Weins201

Weins201 Avatar

o_OMan why can I not say what is deserved.

This is called balancing and sadly the real problem is that why started with the game to easy:mad: and players are now upset that they actually have to work to succeed:rolleyes:

Should have started hard o_Oat first that way giving things back is easier:cool:, taking things away is always hard ;)

5. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Not only are smiths that paid better nerfed, dropped loot and how much they will pay for them is nerfed too. Halberds that use to yield 80-110g each from those smiths and were valued at 225 in R32, are now valued at 175 and sell for low 20's-40's g each now instead. I assume the same for longbows and lich axes as well. With these adjustments rent will hopefully be adjusted downward from where it is now too, we'll have to see.

The taming tree for me is worthless.

This patch doesn't really do anything to sway me toward recommending or not recommending the game to friends though. Most that I've had try the game wasn't interested in it and are waiting until it's finished to try it again.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
  6. Phoenix2

Phoenix2 Avatar

Im in the same boat as you Jutman.

Since R32, I've focused Taming (I'm a new player having joined the game during the first telethon and started playing on day 1 of R32). I've really really enjoyed taming, I was having a blast with that skill tree. I understand that there were some problems and balancing that needed to occur (I've always been bothered by someone with no skill in taming buying the best pet on the market and owning zones); however, what was just done to taming just destroyed one of the areas of the game that I was having the most fun doing. Much of my Adventuring XP went into that tree (and no, I dont want an item that lets me reset one of the skills in that tree).

I now have to completely change what Im doing in the game and have like a month of 'catch up'. I really hate that the 'balance' was to completely obliterate the usefulness of the taming tree. Why can't we have the mob that is taimed have a base level/skill based on its level/skill and then modified up or down based upon the level/skill of the tamer/summoner? It makes no sense that a Large Red Spider that I tamed at near GM taming and pretty high in the other skills in the tree gets 1 - 2 shot by mobs that it would easily kill if it wasn't tamed.

As it stands now, there is no way I can continue to use this skill tree, which really really disappointing me!

Shade Cido, Govenor Ruin and Cally like this.
  7. Roderic

Roderic Avatar

Balance is not making a resource heavy skill tree like taming useless. Minimum skill levels on summoning creatures would have fixed the biggest problem. Taming was one of my favorite things. Fortunately I'm more of a casual player so I didn't have a lot of exp put into it. As it stands, I'll put more time into getting my elementals going.

Mitara, Cally, Kaisa and 1 other person like this.
  8. Bubonic

Bubonic Avatar

Don't you think you're overreacting a little bit here? Give some feedback and chill.

9. agra

agra Avatar

Well, at least the botters and gold farmers and gold sellers will be happy. ;)
    And no, the rent prices will not go down. That would be like expecting RL taxes to go down. heheh.

coyotemoon likes this.
  10. Alexander

Alexander Avatar

I really hate binary choices :eek:

Quenton, enderandrew and Xi_ like this.
  11. Stahlknecht

Stahlknecht Avatar

[​IMG]

Calm down! Most of us have not even played it

Weins201 likes this.
  12. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

You mean those that oppose them? The loot is just salvageable junk in R33, heh.

Leelu likes this.
  13. agra

agra Avatar

I mean this will drive up the RL price of buying third party gold to the point where botters and gold farmers of sufficient scale will be able to make a killing, now. Prior to scarcity, you can't sell to a customer that has no perception of a need to buy.
    As it has happened in every other MMO in the past 15+ years that has tried similar tactics.
    When one player can't make enough gold to support fuel/rent, then they'll turn to gold sellers to buy it and save some time. The gold farmers have dozens, hundreds or thousands of accounts, as necessary to ensure supply, via bots.

14. Elwyn

Elwyn Avatar

This game is not called Pets of the Avatar.

Nor is it called NPC Pawn Shop of the Avatar.

I'm getting me coat now, as they say in Britain...

15. Margaritte

Margaritte Avatar

I don't think anyone can judge the success or failure of R33 less than one day after it's been made live, bwahaha. I think we should all just go play for a while and see how it works out.

16. danjacobsmith

danjacobsmith Avatar

I knew people would come here and start screaming about the taming changes. How dare they take away my pet that can clear entire 1 and 2 skull zones on its own! As a player I think it's totally okay for my pet to have 500 health when I have 250!

Sure, they might of went a little too far in the re-balance, but not by much.

They probably need to go after a handful of spells now that are out of balance.

Last edited: Aug 25, 2016
    Quenton, Fister Magee and Elwyn like this.
  17. Onyx

Onyx Avatar

It was like Wow! I can tame and make a killing selling to those that have no ability. And folks run around saying "Hey" my spider can kill everything. Why should I have to train up my character? I'm thinking this is not supposed to be a game that you can master in a month or 3.

Acred, Cally, Malcipher and 1 other person like this.
  18. Ice Queen

Ice Queen Avatar

Ahh, I see what you mean.

Leelu likes this.
  19. Sinomin

Sinomin Avatar

I cant think of the proper words to describe the Taming tree changes. Millions of skill points wasted. The Taming skill tree is now worthless. At level 100 in Taming, 100 Summoning and 50 in Combat Training my Ferocious Wolf Spider has less than 200 hit points(previously was over 400hps). Not to mention the focus drain is now over 50% more than before. And the spiders DPS was cut in half.

For 40 points in Summon Water Elemental I can have a pet with 234hit points that only drains 40 of my focus verses 180ish focus drain for a tamed pet. The elemental can do 50% of the new tamed pets DPS and heal 25hps every 10 seconds. All for 40 points.

Verses over 600 points in the Taming tree for a pet that cant tank, DPS or heal.

There was no question the Taming functions needed to be adjusted. But seriously? Why didn't you just remove the skill tree from the game, it would have been easier. Every time I think I cant be shocked more by the developmental choices made. Every time I am proven wrong.

20. Frosin

Frosin Avatar

As a tamer, I naturally have my passive etc all trained up as well but even with higher skill level in pets...this nerf is just a little too much no? sure it was pretty bad before where everyone can get almost the same pet as a tamer but now is there even reason for people to level up all those passive to hope that the pet actually do anything (not much btw)? you can get to any of the magic tree's summon much easier and get a much better pet while tamer has to burn through all those resources, time and xp to even try to tame anything of value.

Govenor Ruin, Maeryck and Ice Queen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.