Dismiss Notice
This Section is READ ONLY - All Posts Are Archived

R33 is just TOO much nerf

Discussion in 'Release 33 Feedback Forum' started by jutman, Aug 25, 2016.

?

Would you recommend this game to anyone after R33? as apposed to before R33

1. No

39.5%
  2. yes

60.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Frosin

Frosin Avatar

To add on...I'm quite sure us tamers are not asking for tamed pet to be as strong as the wild version either, but to return to R32 version where it actually work well in term of combat contribution. Right now magic tree summons that you can get within hours of spamming is 2x better than those tamed creature we spend weeks to level the skill and passive for.

Kaisa likes this.
  2. Purefalcon

Purefalcon Avatar

Hello everyone,
    as you can see, until now, i was just reading and not typing.
    I gotta change that :)

perfectly put

Why would would some guy that had years of training in swordfighting be better then some kid you give a sword to play with?
    Why would a formular 1 driver be better driving at high speeds then someone, who just got their licence?
    Why would some olympian swimmer be faster then someone who just went into a pool for the first time?

these are similar questions to was was asked a few posts ago.
    Everybody agrees with the fact, that there were problems with taming, but...

If your Vegetables are dying due to weed, you dont remove the dead vegetables and plant new ones, you remove the weed.
    If your car is loosing oil, you dont just fill in more - you look for the leak. (or get someone that does that as a living :p)
    If the plants near a poisened river are dying, you shouldnt cut out the plants. Instead, you should remove the source of the poisen.

-Michel Waylander

Acred and helm like this.
  3. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

I personally couldn't recommend it in it's current state. The recent nerfs were too much. I know it will eventually change, hopefully, but as things are now I would not recommend the game. I'll basically just be spending all my time mining now until I run out of reagents and can't make enough gold to restock them. Pretty sad it's come to that. Hopefully the devs have taken notice that they royally f**kd up with this release. It's been a net negative from what I've seen of this release. Glad I have a tax free lot.

Kaisa likes this.
  4. helm

helm Avatar

And to stir the pet pot even further...even though I know the pot has been stirred many time over in earlier feedback threads way back.

What is actually the root cause of constant nerfs.

Perhaps it's the approach to taming in general, and summoning and controlling pets in particular. Why is the animal weak, strong, or WAY stronger, depending on who's wearing it's necklace? That's kind of absurd.

How about an approach somewhat similar to chaos demons: The animal is what it is, anyone wearing the necklace can summon it. It would gain exp individually, changing its level independently of the "master". However, controlling it is an entirely different matter...a high level pet might actually attack the summoner, if (s)he does not possess sufficient skill to control it (skill that is directly or even exponentially relative to the pet level, so summoning a very high level pet without any skills would equal to suicide). Giving commands (including dismissing the pet) might fail with an obedience cooldown. Not only would this be more realistic, dealing with pets would be more interesting, and with higher risk/reward, not grind/reward (and constant nerfing) as it is now.

Jasper8282 and Purefalcon like this.
  5. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Guys, I figured it out! So, with all the "nasty's" that came with R33 (honestly I don't really care about any of the nerfs....just means more time learning something else to try :p), I figured out a way to bypass this and the frustration. So, while venturing through SotA....I got a craving, a hunger if you will, for something dericious. So I went to my local store of item selling, along with food for my car, and there I found it....behind a transparent field that was openable....Yuengling! This, after several attempts to tame said beverage, made everything show up as beautiful....and playable....and other stuff-able.... Yep, always makes gaming more fun, nerf or not :D

6. Sixclicks

Sixclicks Avatar

Not really a big fan of Yuengling. Even though their brewery is only an hour's drive away from my apartment. Oldest brewery in America. It's good for a cheaper beer though. When you ask for a lager at bars around here, they'll hand you a Yuengling. It's the default lager for the area.

7. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

I thought we were friends.... :oops: Meh, I'm in Alabama. Here, you either get the Bud Lite, Coors Lite, (sadly) Natty Lite and Yuengling drinkers. I upgraded form the Coors line and found my home with Yuengling.

8. Couldin

Couldin Avatar

I'm actually impressed you took the time to look into the Shadowbane skill system. disciplines were more for characters that were leveled up and you could only use certain ones based on your race, class and profession. If you want an bit more in-depth idea of how it worked I can send you a message, just let me know.

This actually is a decent overview of how it works and shows all the different options there were: http://shadowbaneemulator.com/page.php?d=2&n=characterdevelopment

You could mess up your character right from creation.

Bluefire and EtherBunny like this.
  9. EtherBunny

EtherBunny Avatar

Ahhh...Shadowbane....good times...:rolleyes:

10. Camouflage

Camouflage Avatar

Why would I be wrong in what I said? Everyone who is a tamer in R32 got a huge bonus. They should be happy they got a full patch of free XP to spend.

No one made anyone spend all that XP in a broken tree, that was their choice.

Next, your points about tamed animals is very wrong. Tamed animals are not stronger or smarter then wild ones. Tamed animals are just that, they are tamed to help man by doing a specific task. For the most part tamed animals are fatter, and fat does not equal strength.

Next, A person trained is combat is not always stronger or bigger, they are trained to think and use what they have to win. Most of the strongest men in the world are not fighter, and they are not strong in all events. Just the events they train in.

K9 units are trained to attack, but that does not mean they are stronger. It just means they know where to attack a man and to listen to commands given to them by there master. They do not know how to attack another animal, as they are not trained to do that.

Wild animals are not always stronger, they just know how to live in their own environment better that tamed animals. e.g. some hunt in packs, some hunt from the water, some hunt with poison, other just hang around and drop on their food.

"People use the phrase “wily like a fox” or “sly as a fox” for a reason. Foxes are very smart in ways that matter: finding food, surviving in weather extremes, outwitting predators, protecting their young." It has taken over 40 years to make a tamed fox, which is about 35 generations of foxes and what they found out is that they have just created a dog.

It doesn't matter if this is the real world or not, what was going on with tamed animal was just wrong and it needed to be fixed.

By the time the game goes live if will be fixed a few more times as well as other parts of the game.

Hence relax and and stay claim.

Elwyn likes this.
  11. Berek

Berek Portalarian Emeritus Dev Emeritus

KuBaTRiZeS, Jasper8282 and NRaas like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.