1. Here you will find official announcements and updates. These announcements are also linked in the Official SotA Discord server.
    We encourage comments from the community! To keep the announcements official, we ask that comment threads be created in the General forums for player input.

Thanks!

R47 Postmortem Missed Questions

Discussion in 'Announcements' started by DarkStarr, Nov 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Trihugger

Trihugger Avatar

@Chris

I just wanted to list 3 reasons why I think these proc based effects in general are really lacking, namely the damage on proc variety (Read: Debuff procs are largely fine, but the ~10 damage procs are what I'm aiming at here):

1) If we want to make it as powerful as +5 strength, for example, then the durability cost needs to match it. Currently not only does it cost twice the durability to have this effect, it also costs a gem, which leads me to #2

2) Adding a gem increases my pool of available enchants. This is turn makes it that much harder to actually end up with something that isn't poopoo. I think that this added difficulty in getting what we actually want out of the process should be reflected in the power of the enchantment and it most definitely is not the case currently.

3) The wand precedent: Physical based gem enchantments are absolutely laughably bad when compared with their wand/staff counterparts. Many of them even require a second enchantment on a ring/necklace because they're not good enough to stand on their own. As it stands there is nothing on the level of gaining attunement as an enchantment option for wands/staves on the physical side of things. Would like to see Crit/Crit Damage/Weapon damage based procs replacing the currently less than ideal "10 xxx damage" variety of useless gem weapon enchantments.

Edit: And I'd like to see them actually work unlike their armor based counterparts =P.

Ancev likes this.
  2. Lord Ravnos

Lord Ravnos Avatar

This, this a thousand times!

3. Halfwitte

Halfwitte Avatar

Removed

Last edited: Jan 17, 2018
  4. Rosemourne

Rosemourne Avatar

Whoa, whoa. Wait. Hold on. These give PATTERNS?! There is no indication of that.

Sorry for the tag, but I really think this needs clarification before someone goes and tries to break down armour that they can't get a replacement for.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
  5. Alley Oop

Alley Oop Bug Hunter Bug Moderator

Rosemourne likes this.
  6. Elas TheWise

Elas TheWise Avatar

It has been. The problem is no one is answering if the bug is in the math or the tool tip is wrong, and when it will be corrected. For that matter no one (officially) from your side has even acknowledged an issue. Right now many crafter are not crafting 3rd enchants or masterworks as it takes an massive amount of materials to get one that works. It is starting to upset a lot of the players I know including my self.

7. ShurTugal

ShurTugal Avatar

Reguarding the crafting enchant question, I don't know about the conspiracy theories and what not but I do know my own personal experience. At present I do not even attempt a 3rd masterwork/enchant let alone a (god forbid) a 4th. In the past my failure rate has been so high that I don't believe it to be worth it. And to the argument that I would buy it from someone who does....no I don't. I will craft my own at 2 and 2 and hope things improve in the future. Thanks. Still great game....

8. ErikRulez

ErikRulez Avatar

Strangely the last skeleton I met on the overworld in r49 was much much slower than in previous releases... Perhaps someone got chased down by a skeleton.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.